Windows 10: Blue Screen of Death during Disk Writing

Discus and support Blue Screen of Death during Disk Writing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello.We just recently started getting a Blue Screen of Death during times when files are being written to disk. It is not just happing on one disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrianBattersby1, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Blue Screen of Death during Disk Writing

Hello.We just recently started getting a Blue Screen of Death during times when files are being written to disk. It is not just happing on one disk but many, internal and external. We reformatted the hard drive and did a fresh install of Windows 10 and the crashing is still happening. Here is the reportBlue Screen of Death during Disk Writing :problem 1Blue Screen of Death during Disk Writing :problem Event Name: WindowsWcpOtherFailure3OsVersion: 10.0.19041.1081:1File: wcp\componentstore\storelayout.cppFunction: ComponentStore::CRawStoreLayout::HydrateFile

:)

BrianBattersby1, Jun 24, 2021
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Jun 24, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Blue Screen of Death

We appreciate the information.

To get better assistance in resolving Blue Screen of Death, we suggest that you get in touch with our
    Answer Desk as it has the experts and advanced troubleshooting steps regarding this issue.

Regards.

John Sarc, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Blue Screen of Death during Disk Writing

Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Blue Screen of Death during Disk Writing

1. Blue Screen of Death during Disk Writing - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. Blue Screen during ETW Write

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen during ETW Write: Hi,I have got this blue screen during one automated test run. Is this a known issue or just a random glitch? Windows 10 Kernel Version 19041 MP 8 procs Free x64Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTSEdition build lab: 19041.1.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406Kernel...
  3. Blue Screen during ETW Write

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen during ETW Write: Hi,I have got this blue screen during one automated test run. Is this a known issue or just a random glitch? Windows 10 Kernel Version 19041 MP 8 procs Free x64Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTSEdition build lab: 19041.1.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406Kernel...
  4. Blue Screen during ETW Write

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue screen death: attempted writing to read-only memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen death: attempted writing to read-only memory: Hello, My computer went into a windows update, restarting several times in the process and at one point got stuck at a BSOD with the code I've included in the title. I am unable to enter safe mode with networking, with the death screen persisting, but got through to the...
  6. Blue screen of death during drivers installation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen of death during drivers installation.: Hello, I have a big problem with drivers installation on Windows 10. During installing drivers for my graphic card Nvidia Geforce MX150, Windows comes with BSOD with stopcode PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and nvlddmkm.sys failure. I've already tried everything, booting in...
  7. Blue Screen of Death during Nvidia Graphics update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen of Death during Nvidia Graphics update: Hello. I am running the latest Windows 10 Pro edition. I am fully up to date after checking my windows update. I new Nvidia graphics card driver arrived and requested an update via GeForce experience then i come to the dreaded blue screen of death. I have linked the...
  8. Blue screen of death during boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death during boot: Automatic repair locks up on blue screen. “Your PC did not start correctly”. Gigabyte GAZ77M-D3H motherboard Intel core i5 3570K Above are 8 years old and have never had any firmware updates. I attempted to overclock i5 which produced a very small increase in...
  9. Blue Screen Of Death During Windows Update Configuring.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen Of Death During Windows Update Configuring.: hi, I run an alienware laptop and recently attempted to update to the latest edition of windows 10 using the update assistant program microsoft put out. The update downloads successfully but once it restarts my computer to configure the updates, it gives me a blue screen...
  10. Blue screen of death after disk check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen of death after disk check: Hi, This all started with a chkdisk command entered into command prompt. Upon restarting after this command, windows started repairing the disk. After being stuck on 11% for an hour, I (very stupidly) restarted my computer. After that, windows started I soon started to...