Windows 10: Blue Screen of Death - Graphics Related most likely.

Discus and support Blue Screen of Death - Graphics Related most likely. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi folks, I'm having a lot of trouble with my custom-built computer recently, on random occasionally during a graphically intense game I will get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by darthwilson, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Blue Screen of Death - Graphics Related most likely.

Hi folks,

I'm having a lot of trouble with my custom-built computer recently, on random occasionally during a graphically intense game I will get a BSOD and sometimes I get the BSOD either when I immediately exit from the game or exit from the game and shut down my computer.

Most likely it'll be a graphics issue because it only happens when games are in the equation. I have my graphics drivers up to date and I also completely reformatted my computer from scratch but it still happens. I'm hoping it's not a defective graphics card because it's an Nvidia 1080 and it wasn't cheap =(

I've installed WhoCrashed and have some readouts if anyone can make sense of it? I'd greatly appreciate it.

System Information (local)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: SCOTTPC

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1809, build: 17763

Windows dir: C:\Windows

Hardware: All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z87-PRO

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz Intel8664, level: 6

8 logical processors, active mask: 255

RAM: 17104257024 bytes (15.9GB)

On Sun 29/09/2019 20:49:07 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\093019-5093-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B4040)

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x19AB30010, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF804634B7D12)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.

This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 29/09/2019 20:49:07 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!setjmpex+0x7F09)

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x19AB30010, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF804634B7D12)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.

This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I've tried endless amounts of Googling and trying out different things like disabling second monitor (I use two 4k screens), disabling increased text size, different Nvidia drivers, etc. Things like motherboard bios are up to date as well.

Any thoughts, I'd humbly appreciate.

Thank you.

:)

darthwilson, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 30, 2019
  4. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death - Graphics Related most likely.

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Blue Screen of Death - Graphics Related most likely. [​IMG]

iuppiter, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Blue Screen of Death - Graphics Related most likely.

1. Blue Screen of Death - Graphics Related most likely. - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. Frequent blue screens most likely driver related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent blue screens most likely driver related: Hello everyone,I've done a clean install of Windows 11 on my laptop about a few weeks ago and since then I've been experiencing lots of bluescreens and unsolicited restarts. It was bearable until today when I've gotten upwards of 5 bluescreens in the span of about a few...
  3. Frequent blue screens most likely driver related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent blue screens most likely driver related: Hello everyone,I've done a clean install of Windows 11 on my laptop about a few weeks ago and since then I've been experiencing lots of bluescreens and unsolicited restarts. It was bearable until today when I've gotten upwards of 5 bluescreens in the span of about a few...
  4. Blue Screen of Death/Black Screen Crashes and Graphics Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death/Black Screen Crashes and Graphics Driver Issues: Hi,I was wondering if someone could help me please regarding my laptop make: L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop ideapad - Type 81LL. Over the past month, my laptop has been experiencing frequent crashes - either when the screen goes completely black for up to around 10 seconds, or the...
  5. Blue Screen of Death/Black Screen Crashes and Graphics Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death/Black Screen Crashes and Graphics Driver Issues: Hi,I was wondering if someone could help me please regarding my laptop make: L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop ideapad - Type 81LL. Over the past month, my laptop has been experiencing frequent crashes - either when the screen goes completely black for up to around 10 seconds, or the...
  6. Multiple BSODs most likely relating to my SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs most likely relating to my SSD: Hi there, I have a 2017 Dell Alienware 15R3 with i7-7700HQ, 16gb RAM, GTX 1060 6gb, 256gb LITEON SSD, 1TB HDD and Windows 10 20H2.CX2-8B256-Q11 NVMe LITEON 256GB -This is my SSDHGST HTS721010A9E630 -This is my HDDI have had multiple BSODs recently with multiple stopcodes and...
  7. Blue Screen of Death during Nvidia Graphics update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen of Death during Nvidia Graphics update: Hello. I am running the latest Windows 10 Pro edition. I am fully up to date after checking my windows update. I new Nvidia graphics card driver arrived and requested an update via GeForce experience then i come to the dreaded blue screen of death. I have linked the...
  8. Blue Screens, seems related to the graphics card.

Blue Screens, seems related to the graphics card.: My computer has had a history of crashes before but it has started back again. I seemed to fix the issue a couple months ago when clean installing the graphics driver but it seems to have returned. Can you please help me? I have the minidumps from this crash and the crashes...
  9. Blue Screen of Death related to an Error BugCheck

Blue Screen of Death related to an Error BugCheck: Hello all, I've been getting the blue screen of death on my windows 10 machine for a few months now and I've noticed it coincides with this error message found in the event viewer windows logs under system. I've checked all the drivers are up to date and that the CPU...
  10. BSOD most likely related to new graphics card, error atikmpag.sys

BSOD most likely related to new graphics card, error atikmpag.sys: Hello, I recently purchased the AMD Radeon RX 480, which has been running with no problems for over a week now. But this weekend on a few occasions has been BSOD with the error atikmag.sys being the problem. Many Thanks to anyone who can help. 76083