Windows 10: Blue Screen of Death - i have run out of ideas, please help

Discus and support Blue Screen of Death - i have run out of ideas, please help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Community, I use laptop Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, model name 20266. I bought it as new in 2014 and it has been working superbly until ~2 weeks ago. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Piotr Pi., Sep 2, 2020.

1. Piotr Pi. Win User

Blue Screen of Death - i have run out of ideas, please help

Dear Community,

I use laptop Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, model name 20266. I bought it as new in 2014 and it has been working superbly until ~2 weeks ago.

I started to get frequent BSOD, about 2 times a day at random times sometimes when on skype, sometimes when working on remote access app, or even when only browsing internet. I don't recall installing any new program, and certainly no new hardware recently.

I managed to catch some of the BSOD "stop codes" :

- "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" multiple times

- "DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" . What failed: ndis.sys

- "DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" . What failed: igdkmd64.sys

- "BUGCODE USB DRIVER"

These are the only ones i took picture of, i think there may have been couple different codes too but not sure.

I have attempted the following fixes but without a result:

- updated my Windows 10

- reinstalled most drivers

- uninstall antivirus AVG and McAffee

- finally, i have reset my Windows i left personal files intact

- i installed and scanned with Kaspersky no issues found.

I am almost giving up here... Except for the BSOD , my old laptop operates very well. I'd rather not spend money on new one. I went to a shop but most new laptops seem to have a similar technology i5, 8gb ram, SSD so I hope some bright person could help find a fix....

I would really appreciate you help.

regards,

Piotr

:)

Piotr Pi., Sep 2, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Blue Screen of Death - i have run out of ideas, please help

Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

Hi,

Blue screen errors can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This error can be caused by both hardware and software issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if there were any changes made
    prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link for blue screen error basic
    troubleshooting. Once you're on the page, select the option on when do you get the error and proceed with the steps listed.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Blue Screen of Death - i have run out of ideas, please help

1. Blue Screen of Death - i have run out of ideas, please help - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. Help please with blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please with blue screen of death: Hello everyone! My lap top running Windows 10 keeps blue screening from different actions. Sometimes it will blue screen from clicking windows search bar or just using Google chrome. I’ve gotten one stop code saying DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION & another one saying KMODE EXCEPTION...
  3. Help please with blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help please with blue screen of death: Hello everyone! My lap top running Windows 10 keeps blue screening from different actions. Sometimes it will blue screen from clicking windows search bar or just using Google chrome. I’ve gotten one stop code saying DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION & another one saying KMODE EXCEPTION...
  4. Help please with blue screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I got this Blue Screen of death today and i have no idea how to fix. Someone please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got this Blue Screen of death today and i have no idea how to fix. Someone please help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Emconixx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lueb1t/i_got_this_blue_screen_of_death_today_and_i_have/
  6. Blue screen of death then black screen of death please help..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen of death then black screen of death please help..: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Panda_Sap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrigi3/blue_screen_of_death_then_black_screen_of_death/
  7. Blue Screen Of Death, Please Help

Blue Screen Of Death, Please Help: Hi im having issues with the blue screen of death, i have got to this bit after reading someones reply on here, can anyone help get me further. Im not really tech savvy, this laptop is only a year old :/ thank you [IMG]...
  8. I got the “Blue Screen Of Death”! PLEASE HELP!

I got the “Blue Screen Of Death”! PLEASE HELP!: Good morning! I got thr blue screen of death on my computer and while doing a bootfix I keep getting this message about my C drive not being found. How do I get past it? [IMG]...
  9. Help Please Blue Screen Of Death

Help Please Blue Screen Of Death: Hi everyone since last night i have blue screen of death if u have a solution let me know i upload the dump file
  10. Blue screen of death help please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death help please: [IMG]help me fix it please I tried to rest my pc and it said there was a problem no changes were made I tried using system restore but i didnt have a restore point System image recovery same thing...