Windows 10: Blue Screen of Death - System exception not handled

Discus and support Blue Screen of Death - System exception not handled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; this is in Q&A format so makes things easier. since how many days- since a month did you do install any device updaters/ use hp update assistant-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PramukhKulkarni, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Blue Screen of Death - System exception not handled

this is in Q&A format so makes things easier.

since how many days- since a month

did you do install any device updaters/ use hp update assistant- yes

did they make any changes - yes

Frequency of Blue screen error- once in 3 days

what happens after BSOD ? asks me to restart

Can you successfully restart and run your pc normally? -yes, I can

have you tried any available solutions- yes, I have-

like ? - 1. uninstalled all recently updated drivers and softwares

2. ran windows malware scanner- negative for malware

3. scanned for minidump files using bluescreenview

great, what were the results? -

Crash List

Dump File Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check Code Parameter 1 Parameter 2 Parameter 3 Parameter 4 Caused By Driver Caused By Address File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor Crash Address Stack Address 1 Stack Address 2 Stack Address 3 Computer Name Full Path Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time
    121018-59593-01.dmp 10-12-2018 21:13:20 SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000007e ffffffff`c0000005 fffff802`e9ad1bc9 ffff9480`92eef548 ffff9480`92eeed90 dxgmms2.sys dxgmms2.sys+72e45 DirectX Graphics MMS Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 10.0.17134.471 (WinBuild.160101.0800) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+3dbc9 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121018-59593-01.dmp 4 15 17134 1,641,532 10-12-2018 21:25:05
    121018-43218-01.dmp 10-12-2018 21:27:00 SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000007e ffffffff`c0000005 fffff802`86acdbc9 fffff30d`1973f548 fffff30d`1973ed90 dxgmms2.sys dxgmms2.sys+72e45 DirectX Graphics MMS Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 10.0.17134.471 (WinBuild.160101.0800) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+3dbc9 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121018-43218-01.dmp 4 15 17134 1,591,444 10-12-2018 21:44:27

cool, then run debugger- I have no idea how to proceed further

do you need help ?- of course, please help

why do you think I need to help you- im a student preparing for my exams - have lot of study documents on my laptop, laptop freezes during my study sessions

will you thank me if I help you- will definitely do.

:)

PramukhKulkarni, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

"System thread exception not handled (syntp.sys)" Error, blue screen of death?

Hello Narimasha,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with blue screen error while upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Kindly let us know how are you accessing Command Prompt?

System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows 8 mostly arises due to incompatible or old
    graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

After the Blue Screen of Death is displayed with System Thread Exception Not Handled error, even if the computer is powered off and then powered back on, it keeps getting restarted after every few seconds.

Step 1: I suggest you to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After installing Windows 10, perform an Automatic Repair.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 8 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Dec 13, 2018
  3. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Blue Screen of Death - System exception not handled

Blue Screen System Thread Exception Not Handled

What causes my blue screen? I was just searching the Internet when I had gotten a blue screen and it told me System Thread Exception Not Handled (Qcamain10x64.sys).

alexabecerra, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Blue Screen of Death - System exception not handled

1. Blue Screen of Death - System exception not handled - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. Constant blue death screen of 'System thread exception not handled' :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant blue death screen of 'System thread exception not handled' :: Hello.I am Diprasom.The blue screen of death stating the "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" message has been showing in my computer for the fifth time today. It is really annoying and i am also worried about my laptop at the moment. All of a sudden it pops up in the most...
  3. Constant blue death screen of 'System thread exception not handled' :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant blue death screen of 'System thread exception not handled' :: Hello.I am Diprasom.The blue screen of death stating the "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" message has been showing in my computer for the fifth time today. It is really annoying and i am also worried about my laptop at the moment. All of a sudden it pops up in the most...
  4. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.: I was having an issue with my realtek hd audio manager not showing up in my control panel, after trying all the other fixes i found online and none of them working i remembered that i installed legacy hardware for realtek on a different/similar pc before and it solved the...
  5. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.: I was having an issue with my realtek hd audio manager not showing up in my control panel, after trying all the other fixes i found online and none of them working i remembered that i installed legacy hardware for realtek on a different/similar pc before and it solved the...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled Blue Screen Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Death Blue Screen on PC: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED etd.sys

Death Blue Screen on PC: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED etd.sys: [IMG] I recently got this error when i tried to restart my laptop because my Keyboard is not working properly. I’ve tried to disable the ELAN service but the error screen keeps popping. I haven’t installed any Windows update recently....
  8. Blue Screen of Death - System Service Exception

Blue Screen of Death - System Service Exception: Hi, so I recently built a computer about 2 months ago, and ever since then, it has had consistent blue screens every couple days, I was wondering if there was anything I could do about it. In the past, it had said AMD.... but this most recent time, which was after updating...
  9. Kmode Exception not handled Blue screen of death.

Kmode Exception not handled Blue screen of death.: Hi, i have been having blue screen of death issues with this pc pretty much since i built it and found out that lots of these bsod were caused by my pc overheating i was getting 2 an hour or more but seemingly very little correlation to what i was doing on the pc. I then made...
  10. Blue Screen Of Death : System Service Exception

Blue Screen Of Death : System Service Exception: When I tried to open Nox App Player Blue Screen Of Death Error {System Service Exception} appeared and my device rebooted. I Don't Know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-of-death-system-service-exception/d2ec629d-86ad-44d4-ab96-a5bc3a72f13a