Windows 10: Blue Screen of Death: tried everything!

Discus and support Blue Screen of Death: tried everything! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello A few months ago, I bought a refurbished PC through Amazon marketplace. Windows 10 OS, 64-bit. Very happy with it in any other way: but I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aris M, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Aris M Win User

Blue Screen of Death: tried everything!

Hello

A few months ago, I bought a refurbished PC through Amazon marketplace. Windows 10 OS, 64-bit. Very happy with it in any other way: but I've been getting blue screens of death since almost day one. Very regularly. Someimtes twice a day or it may take days sometimes.

Message is 'Thread Stuck in Device Driver'. Seems to be caused by graphic card: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics.

I've been in regular contact with the seller, who has been very helpful. We've tried everything:

- install differnt versions of drivers, roll back drivers, then the latest ones, using the AMD auto-detect app, etc.

- re-install Windows, have regular Windows updates, etc.

- change RAM sticks, tried new ones

- the most strange: the seller eventually agreed to send a new machine with the same specs and I sent him the old one. The *same* thing happens in the new machine! He swears he's been selling this model for a while and never had an issue with it before.

Any suggestins would be most helpful, as I'm desperate. I'm happy with the machine in any other way and would rather not send it back, get a refund, start searching for a new one, etc.

I'd started another thread on this a while ago, but unfortunately the tips I was given didn't help. Returning here in case I get some more help. I sent a fault report to AMD but never heard back from them.

Here's some minidump files too, in case this can help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best

Aris

:)

Aris M, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Jun 4, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Blue Screen of Death

We appreciate the information.

To get better assistance in resolving Blue Screen of Death, we suggest that you get in touch with our
    Answer Desk as it has the experts and advanced troubleshooting steps regarding this issue.

Regards.

John Sarc, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Blue Screen of Death: tried everything! - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. Stuck on blue screen. Tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on blue screen. Tried everything: Stuck on blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-blue-screen-tried-everything/c4358965-90b6-471e-86d3-7f68f2ccbecc
  3. Stuck on blue screen. Tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on blue screen. Tried everything: Stuck on blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-blue-screen-tried-everything/c4358965-90b6-471e-86d3-7f68f2ccbecc
  4. Blue screen I’ve tried everything

Blue screen I’ve tried everything: I need help! Ever since update I got a blue screen, I’ve tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-ive-tried-everything/07918786-0943-4e62-b461-bc9f0a7928d3
  5. Blue screen of death messing everything up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death messing everything up: Hey, so i had a blue screen recently but it REALLY messed things up like some apps just say that i lack priviliges to open the app, i have tried re installing them resetting the computer but it just doesn't work so i was wondering how i could fix it or just some advice if i...
  6. Blue screen of death messing everything up

Blue screen of death messing everything up: Hey, so i had a blue screen recently but it REALLY messed things up like some apps just say that i lack priviliges to open the app, i have tried re installing them resetting the computer but it just doesn't work so i was wondering how i could fix it or just some advice if i...
  7. Blue screen of death messing everything up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!: Hi,I seem to be getting a black screen of death whenever I install my graphics drivers for my RX 570 8GB. I'm really confused as I haven't had a graphics card issue before. I have tried resetting my PC, formatting my SSD, removing all other drives, reinstalling a fresh copy...
  9. Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!

Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!: Hi,I seem to be getting a black screen of death whenever I install my graphics drivers for my RX 570 8GB. I'm really confused as I haven't had a graphics card issue before. I have tried resetting my PC, formatting my SSD, removing all other drives, reinstalling a fresh copy...
  10. Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware