Windows 10: Blue Screen Of Death when connecting to WiFi, plugging/unplugging ethernet, or modifying...

Discus and support Blue Screen Of Death when connecting to WiFi, plugging/unplugging ethernet, or modifying... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Lenovo ideapad 510 running Windows 10 64bit. Every time I try one of the following it blue screens with a "DPC Watchdog Violation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Matt Harmon MDL, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Blue Screen Of Death when connecting to WiFi, plugging/unplugging ethernet, or modifying...

Hello,

I have a Lenovo ideapad 510 running Windows 10 64bit. Every time I try one of the following it blue screens with a "DPC Watchdog Violation Message"

WiFi, plugging/unplugging ethernet, or modifying driver settings in device manager.

I opened the dump file and saw something about the WLAN driver? It has a Realtek 8821AE driver. I tried uninstall the newest driver, and installing an old driver, but it will not work. It continues to update to the newest driver. I rant the Windows Troubleshooter to prevent it from installing the newest driver and that did not work either. I am not sure if it is the Realtek WLAN driver, the Realtek ethernet controller, motherboard, or something else. I have reinstalled Windows 10, ran a memory test, updated all of the drivers to the newest, removed the SSD and installed on a regular HDD. None of these things have solved the issue. Also, I am running Windows version 2004. Any help with troubleshooting would be great.

-Matt

:)

Matt Harmon MDL, Sep 28, 2020
  2. RONAK RAJ Win User

Ethernet and Blue Screen Of Death

Hello to all , I have a problem regarding Blue Screen Of Death and Ethernet . When I connected my android to pc for Ethernet,Pc will give a 'Blue Screen Error of Death' . But not with the other android phone.

Please help me.

RONAK RAJ, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Blue Screen Of Death when connecting to WiFi, plugging/unplugging ethernet, or modifying...

Blue Screen of Death When Laptop Is Unplugged

Hello, I am in a bit of a bind.

About 8 months ago I purchased a Lenovo Z50 laptop from Amazon. This has a quad-core AMD A10 processor, and 8 GB of RAM. When I got it, it ran Windows 8. It has worked flawlessly for me, despite all of the my coding projects and virtual machines that I frequently run on it.

However, recently I have upgraded to Windows 10 via the Get Windows 10 applet from Microsoft. The problem is that it consistently crashes with the Blue Screen of Death, with the error code THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER.
    Upon further investigation, I found that it crashes whenever it's unplugged. I can boot it fine when it's plugged in, and it will work perfectly without any problems. However, the second it's unplugged (about 3 seconds, to be more precise), it will crash with the Blue Screen of Death. When I try to boot it without it plugged in, it will get to the login screen. From there I can log in, but about 20 seconds later, it will crash.

Further research with the specific error code says that it is generally caused by a faulty graphics card. However, it does not seem like this is the case, because it works fine when it's not on battery power (it seems more likely that there is a problem with the battery, not the graphics card).
    I updated all of the drives (including the graphics driver and the drivers for the AC adapter and battery), but it did not solve the problem.
    I have not updated the BIOS (even though other articles recommended it), because the laptop is only 8 months old (BIOS probably won't have any critical updates, because it's pretty recent), and I am worried that messing with it might void my warranty or ruin the computer.

I do not have spare cash, so I cannot afford to take it to a professional to look at it. This is why I am posting to this forum.

I attached the requested ZIP file from the Log Collector:
    Attachment 30605

shrimpster00, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Blue Screen Of Death when connecting to WiFi, plugging/unplugging ethernet, or modifying...

1. Blue Screen Of Death when connecting to WiFi, plugging/unplugging ethernet, or modifying... - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. Blue screen of death drama when connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death drama when connecting to wifi: Hey, my desktop is causing a real headache. Whenever I use my WiFi adapters to connect, it throws a fit with the Blue Screen of Death BSOD showing "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION." I've got two adapters, tried them both, still a mess. I've searched the web for fixes, but no luck. Can...
  3. Blue screen of death drama when connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death drama when connecting to wifi: Hey, my desktop is causing a real headache. Whenever I use my WiFi adapters to connect, it throws a fit with the Blue Screen of Death BSOD showing "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION." I've got two adapters, tried them both, still a mess. I've searched the web for fixes, but no luck. Can...
  4. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  5. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  6. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. unplug and plug back in looses ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unplug and plug back in looses ethernet connection: I updated my second computer from Win 8.1 to 10 20H2 now, when I unplug my ethernet cable from modem for about 3-5 seconds, the internet won't come back in? Also, the mouse freezes up a lot. I updated the Lan drivers for windows 10 if I restart the computer, everything is...
  8. Ethernet and Blue Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet and Blue Screen Of Death: Hello to all , I have a problem regarding Blue Screen Of Death and Ethernet . When I connected my android to pc for Ethernet,Pc will give a 'Blue Screen Error of Death' . But not with the other android phone. Please help me....
  9. Laptop Screen Blue Tint when plug/unplug USB's

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Screen Blue Tint when plug/unplug USB's: Hi, this is my first post in TenForums! My laptop is acting weird since a couple months ago. The first time was when I unplugged my external hdd. I noticed that the screen colors turned a bit colder, some sort of blueish tint appeared. On all this time I've noticed that this...
  10. Blue Screen of Death When Laptop Is Unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death When Laptop Is Unplugged: Hello, I am in a bit of a bind. About 8 months ago I purchased a Lenovo Z50 laptop from Amazon. This has a quad-core AMD A10 processor, and 8 GB of RAM. When I got it, it ran Windows 8. It has worked flawlessly for me, despite all of the my coding projects and virtual...