Windows 10: BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WHEN DOWNLOADING WINDOWS UPDATE

Discus and support BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WHEN DOWNLOADING WINDOWS UPDATE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have been trying to update my my Windows version from 1809 to 2004 I had previously tried to update to 1903 and 1909 unsuccessfully . I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BhuvaneshChoudhary, Jun 14, 2020.

1. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WHEN DOWNLOADING WINDOWS UPDATE

So I have been trying to update my my Windows version from 1809 to 2004

I had previously tried to update to 1903 and 1909 unsuccessfully .

I have tried to update from Setting > Update and Windows Update Assistant . But every time it reaches between 70% to 90% and

BLUE SCREEN occurs.

ERROR CODE - SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

Here is the dump file created

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuYLK3lTschAglrScWpnNunClU8U?e=aMqwkd

System Info file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuYLK3lTschAglvfNzDHy-MOK3lp?e=v5kZnF

IN the BlueScreenView Application it shows the ntoskrnl.exe error which I assumed is related to hardware

Things that I tried -

1 Update all drivers

2 Lenovo Diagnostic Hardware Scan

3 DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

4 sfc /scannow

5 chkdsk /r

6 Unistall Antivirus

7 Delete previous C:\windows\software distribution\downloads files and redownload

It resulted in no errors . The BLUE SCREEN only occurs when trying to download windows update

Any help is appreciated

Thank you for reading

:)

BhuvaneshChoudhary, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

1803 update causing PC crash with Blue Screen of Death

Hello annebinding,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the exact error code/message you receive regarding the Blue Screen of death?

I understand that you are facing an issue regarding Blue Screen of Death. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate BSOD.
    We will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article step-by-step and see if it works:

The Operating System is designed to automatically receive new updates by default. We recommend not to stop the updates, since the updates consists various security patches and latest driver updates which helps to keep the computer safe and secure. Windows
    Updates will eventually need to be installed and downloaded, regardless of your update settings. However, you may temporarily pause updates from being downloaded and installed.

To know more on how to pause updates, you may refer to an article on:
    Manage updates in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WHEN DOWNLOADING WINDOWS UPDATE

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WHEN DOWNLOADING WINDOWS UPDATE

1. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WHEN DOWNLOADING WINDOWS UPDATE - Similar Threads - BLUE SCREEN DEATH

2. Keep Getting blue screen of death when afk or downloading something.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep Getting blue screen of death when afk or downloading something.: I have a pc i had for 7 months and i downloaded windows and i used it for a while and all of a sudden i got 1 bsod i thought it was temporary and it would not happen again but then i got multiple more the same day and all if the errors were all different so i obviously...
  3. Blue Screen of Death after downloading an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen of Death after downloading an update: I’ve been trying to do a system restore but the C: option is grayed out and says “You must enable system protection on this drive”. Recently I’ve opened the cmd and it takes me to X:\windows\system32> In which I’ve entered “Rstrui.exe/offline:C:\windows=active” From there...
  4. Blue screens of death when gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screens of death when gaming: Blue Screen of Death issues Hi all, As of yesterday I started having some issues with destiny and it hard crashing my PC which leads to the infamous blue screen of death. I received the screen twice yesterday and once today and the code I got with today’s screen was...
  5. Windows Update Caused Blue Screen Of Death

Windows Update Caused Blue Screen Of Death: After updating my Acer laptop for the most resent update it took me to the "blue screen of death". I looked around but there is no optional reset. I went through all 6 options in advanced settings I had. (these were my only options) •Startup rest couldn't find an...
  6. Update on the blue screen of death

Update on the blue screen of death: So the blue screen of death is back I tried restore but I can reinstall windows 10. (It gave the option to keep my data.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-on-the-blue-screen-of-death/eceef657-7e8e-4432-bcfa-5943ee47c6d5
  7. Blue Screen of Death after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death after Windows Update: Recently, I got forced to update Windows 10 to version 1903 OS build 18362.267. A day after the update I got a BSOD while playing CS:GO and this happened regularly at about one BSOD a day while in game. I saw on another thread that it may be because of graphics drivers, so...
  8. Blue Screen of Death after updates

Blue Screen of Death after updates: Hi everyone! My girlfriends laptop (MSI GV62 8RD) started to crash with bsod after a driver update. It bareley stays on, witout restarting, more than 5 minutes. I reinstalled windows first because I didn't know what causes the problem, but after a while, it started to crash...
  9. Blue screen of death after a WINDOWS update ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death after a WINDOWS update ?: WINDOWS uploaded a update. Computer basically has crashed ! Blue screen of death as come up. Ive tried all suggestions , Nothing works. I am able to pull up the comand part of computer. Is there a comand i can type in to bypass windows? Or delete it ? . There is no desktop...
  10. Blue Screen of Death when gaming

Blue Screen of Death when gaming: Hello all. My younger brother likes to play ROBLOX on my PC. It runs pretty smoothly, however it abruptly crashes out of nowhere, with stopcodes like 'CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED', 'KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR' and 'UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION'. I have suspected it is my hard...