Windows 10: Blue Screen of Death Whenever I start my Computer

Discus and support Blue Screen of Death Whenever I start my Computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A little background here. I bought the computer from a friend who had built it and already installed Windows 10 on it. I haven't used the computer in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobK7, Jan 2, 2021.

1. RobK7 Win User

Blue Screen of Death Whenever I start my Computer

A little background here. I bought the computer from a friend who had built it and already installed Windows 10 on it. I haven't used the computer in about 6 months because of work or school but I never had any issues in the two years I have owned it. When I tried to play a game the other day, it suddenly gave me a BSOD error that I didn't even get to read because I wasn't paying attention. When my computer restarted, it didn't give me an error and I continued without any worry. Then all of the sudden it happened again but this time I saw the stop code was "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER". It started back up, I searched a lot of threads and found it was commonly associated with out of date drivers even though I had updated my drivers earlier in the day. I went back and made sure all of my drivers were up to date and a day went by with no issue. Now today when I try to turn on my computer, it won't even boot Windows and it just keeps giving me the BSOD with different error codes each time. I can't even get to a point where I can log in to try some solutions I found on the internet. I tried to reset my PC, enter safe mode, restore to an earlier time and repair Windows but nothing has worked and I'm really concerned about my computer being no good because of Windows error. Is there any fix for this?

Note: The other error codes I received were "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" Ntfs.sys failed and the second one brought up a recovery screen with the error code "0xc0000221". I tried to search a fix for all of these error codes and they all seem to require me to be able to actually get Windows to boot up.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Rob

:)

RobK7, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Jan 2, 2021
  3. ntoskrnl.exe Blue Screen of Death

Hi Stevie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly.

The PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bug check has a value of 0x00000050. This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

Let us try the following steps as a workaround and check if it makes any difference.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to start your computer in safe mode with Networking and check if the issue appears there as well. If it does not appear in safe mode with Networking place the computer in clean
    boot state to identify the culprit program running in the background creating this error.

Safe Mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Refer:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Let us follow the steps suggested in the following article and check if ti helps in resolving the issue.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 2, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

Blue Screen of Death

We appreciate the information.

To get better assistance in resolving Blue Screen of Death, we suggest that you get in touch with our
    Answer Desk as it has the experts and advanced troubleshooting steps regarding this issue.

Regards.

John Sarc, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Blue Screen of Death Whenever I start my Computer - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. Computer blue screens whenever i open a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer blue screens whenever i open a game.: The other night i was trying to play team fortress 2 with some friends when my computer blue screened for no apparent reason. Without fail, each time my computer would restart, id log back in, and at some point as im playing id get another blue screen. I tried updating my...
  3. Computer blue screens whenever i open a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer blue screens whenever i open a game.: The other night i was trying to play team fortress 2 with some friends when my computer blue screened for no apparent reason. Without fail, each time my computer would restart, id log back in, and at some point as im playing id get another blue screen. I tried updating my...
  4. Computer blue screens whenever i open a game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Whenever I turn my computer on it blue screens.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whenever I turn my computer on it blue screens.: Whenever I turn my computer on it loads for a bit and blue screens, saying the message "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. we're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you" it then shows the progress of collecting said error info, except...
  6. computer freezes and blue screens of death

computer freezes and blue screens of death: Hello, My Lenovo computer freezes and a few seconds later, crashes with a blue screen of death. I attempt to read the error code, but it restarts too quickly. This happens often. I narrowed the issues down to three possible causes: 1. GPU failed not very possible 2....
  7. Computer freezes and Blue Screen of Death

Computer freezes and Blue Screen of Death: Hello, My computer freezes and bsod shortly after. it restarts too quickly, so I couldn't catch the error codes. I have ran a hardware test for my computer, but everything comes back with no failures. The issue seems fixed when I reinstall windows, but after some time, it...
  8. blue screen of death whenever I play minecraft

blue screen of death whenever I play minecraft: I have been getting blue screens of death whenever I play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition and I do not know how to resolve this issue. I have tried asking questions before and have tried the solutions and I have still been getting blue screens. I do not know what I am doing...
  9. My computer crashes with a Blue Screen Of Death BSOD

My computer crashes with a Blue Screen Of Death BSOD: My laptop constantly chrashes when playing games.I used memtest86 to test the rams, no errors found. I used "sfc/ scannow" to scan my computer, again ne errors found. I reinstalled windows a week ago but BSOD continued. I tried many solutions which I found on youtube but non...
  10. Blue Screen of Death on my new computer.

Blue Screen of Death on my new computer.: Dear, past week i bought myself a new gaming pc: Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz 31 °C Kaby Lake 14nm Technology RAM 16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (15-15-15-36) Motherboard MSI B250 KRAIT GAMING (MS-7A68) (U3E1)...