Windows 10: Blue screen on restart - kmode_stop_exception

Discus and support Blue screen on restart - kmode_stop_exception in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Only when restarting. While running, it runs like a champ (beyond Cortana giving me the cold shoulder, verbally). When restarting however, I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Artimid, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Artimid Win User

Blue screen on restart - kmode_stop_exception

Only when restarting. While running, it runs like a champ (beyond Cortana giving me the cold shoulder, verbally).
    When restarting however, I get the error without any (file.dll).

Checking the log, it appears to be the ntkrnl, which has never spelled anything good for a system. So just looking for a few hints. Just upgraded from 7 Pro.
    I did reboot to get my video drivers working after the upgrade, but at that time I did not notice if it was already crashing or not.
    I suspected it might have come from trying to reinstall my drivers for sound, trying to get Cortana to speak with me - so I completely uninstalled the sound drivers and let Windows put it back, still no go. Again, it has not crashed while being used and it has not slowed/had errors. Only when I try to shut it down or restart.

Attachment 27037

:)

Artimid, Jul 30, 2015
  2. JimMutton Win User

restart screen locked on Blue screen with word ....restarting

Original title: restart screen locked on

The screen came up telling me the computer would be restarting. IT then began to restart. Blue screen with word ....restarting and balls circulating, but this has continued for an hour. I do a hard shutdown but when I turn it back on same screen. Can,t get
    out of this screen. Running Win. 10

Jim

JimMutton, Jul 30, 2015
  3. JimMutton Win User
    restart screen locked on Blue screen with word ....restarting

Thanks for the info. I will make a bootable media in case it happens again. The problem was, I couldn't get out of the screen to perform a boot. I found an article on Google that advised me to unplug my laptop and remove the battery for a few seconds and
    insert the battery again. This rebooted my laptop. I was then able to download a
    HUGE update that took approx 3 1/2 hours to download and install.

Thanks

Jim

JimMutton, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

All of your dumps are blaming the same thing, Gigabyte On/Off Charge.
    Code: BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff800aa10a892, 0, 4e} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AppleCharger.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AppleCharger.sys Probably caused by : AppleCharger.sys ( AppleCharger+270c ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote]
    It's not uncommon for Gigabyte utilities to cause BSODs, the only advice I can offer here is to uninstall that particular component.

Boozad, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Artimid Win User
    Boozad, thank you very much. My windows 10 is now almost completely perfect. Once I get Cortana working, it will be rock solid.

Thanks again. I actually uninstalled all the Gigtabyte stuff, since they don't have anything for Windows 10 with this board. After an initial few crashes while removing it - the rest has been solid. So far, so good.

Artimid, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    You're welcome, good to hear all's running smooth. If you have any more issues just give us a shout, we'll be here. Enjoy W10! *Thumbs

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Blue screen on restart - kmode_stop_exception - Similar Threads - Blue screen restart

2. Blue Screen Infinite Restart Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Infinite Restart Screen: My laptop is unable to get me into the sign in screen as it shows up with a blue screen restart message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". I tried looking for many solutions on YouTube, but I was unable to find a solution. I tried to use a System Restart Point, no use. I also tried...
  3. Blue Screen Infinite Restart Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Infinite Restart Screen: My laptop is unable to get me into the sign in screen as it shows up with a blue screen restart message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". I tried looking for many solutions on YouTube, but I was unable to find a solution. I tried to use a System Restart Point, no use. I also tried...
  4. Blue Screen Infinite Restart Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue Screen and Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen and Restart: Hi everyone. For the past month or so I've been experiencing issues with my laptop blue screening and restarting when trying to do simple things. So far I have seen two different errors: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I'm not very technically minded but...
  6. Blue Screen and Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen and Restart: Hi everyone. For the past month or so I've been experiencing issues with my laptop blue screening and restarting when trying to do simple things. So far I have seen two different errors: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I'm not very technically minded but...
  7. Blue screen restart

Blue screen restart: SO I have been having issues with blue screen. My initial problem was having a full system lock one screen would be black the other purple or blue. I bought a new power supply waiting for it in the mail as maybe that could be an issue. I took my 1080ti out reapplied the...
  8. Blue Screen after restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen after restarting: Hi Reddit, i need help. Everytime when I start my Laptop I get a Blue Screen after Windows Boots with the Stop Code "Critical Process Died" after that it restarts. Then I'm on a screen which says "Automatic Repair" and under that "Your PC didn't start correctly" and I can...
  9. Blue Screen and Restart

Blue Screen and Restart: Dear Support, Please check this case. The P is crashing with Blue Screen. Happens when I am using Remote Desktop RD and after around 10- 15 minutes login in to RD. Memery Minidump and MSinfo32 output details are in the attached link. Kindly advise a solution....
  10. Blue screen error restart

Blue screen error restart: Does anyone know where I can get the code on my blue screen warning read? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/blue-screen-error-restart/dcf5dec5-f0cf-4dee-89f8-427d6798035b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 installation stop KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED