Windows 10: Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop

Discus and support Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; That would seem to be the case. I have read that on several other posts in the Forum. We will know better once I do the new clean install. I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TV2, Aug 29, 2015.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop

That would seem to be the case. I have read that on several other posts in the Forum.
    We will know better once I do the new clean install. I will keep you informed of the results.

There is a thread here that deals with this problem on a Dell laptop, where several member solved the problem by installing the graphics driver offered by Dell in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode.
    I never got around to learning how to read dump files. Do you see anything in them that would indicate the graphics driver in my case?

If I do that method I will need to find a way to stop Windows from installing the driver update automatically in the clean install. It happened very quickly after getting to the desktop after installing. I don't know if I will have time to change the Automatic Device Installation settings before the downloads start.
    Maybe I will just turn off my router.

2. axe0 New Member

I couldn't find anything related to the graphics driver.
    I'll analyse the dumps again when I get home from school to be sure.

3. TV2
    TV2 Win User
  4. axe0 New Member

I have analysed some dumps again, but nothing related to the graphic drivers

5. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    An Update:

Being stubborn, I did go ahead and uninstall the graphics driver to test that hypothesis.

Upon restarting, I was on the generic Windows driver. I was unable to test that driver because there is no Sleep Mode with it, and closing the lid shuts down.

I then installed an older version of the Intel driver in Windows 8 compatibility Mode. No joy, same symptom.
    I reinstalled the most recent Intel driver in standard mode, still the same symptom.

Still waiting for MS to find a fix I guess.

Interesting geeky note: The older Intel driver (10.18.15.4235) defaulted to Windows 8 in the (Test Compatibility) compatibility window. But the newer driver (10.18.15.4256) defaulted to Windows XP SP3 when tested!*Huh

6. axe0 New Member
    Give Microsoft feedback, as long as there are enough complains, they'll push it harder *Wink

7. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    What is the best way to do that?

8. axe0 New Member

Search for feedback and open the Windows Feedback app.
    On the left side are some categories, click on power and battery and then on either sleep or hibernate.

9. Cliff S New Member
    I'm not a BSOD'er, but I do know on some PC's if Fast startup in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings is turned on, it can also cause problems resuming from sleep and hibernate. Try turning it off if it's on. Also turn of hibernate to delete what's saved there in case it's corrupted, and if you don't need it, just leave it on.

Admin command prompt:

powercfg /hibernate on

powercfg /hibernate off

Cliff S, Nov 27, 2015
  10. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Hi CliffS.

No hibernation set on this machine.

Not sure what you mean by System Settings in Power Options. I do not see that option here. I did check under Advanced Power Options, but did not see anything pertaining to Fast Startup in any of the settings.

I always create a power plan named "Diagnostic" on my PCs in which all settings are high performance and always on. The problem also persists in the Diagnostic power plan.

11. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    It looks like you have functionality in W10 Pro that I do not have in W10 Home.

Attachment 50951

12. Cliff S New Member
    Click "Choose what the power buttons do"

Cliff S, Nov 27, 2015
  13. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Ah! There it is.

How foolish of me to no know that "Choose what Power Buttons Do" = "System Settings"!

Giving that a try now.

14. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Yikes!
    Changing that setting changed the behavior alright! The machine Froze and Blue Screened (Critical Process Died) immediately upon waking this time.
    Before, it would reach the desktop before freezing and Bluescreening. Sometimes (but not often) not Bluescreening at all.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no joy unfortunately.

15. Cliff S New Member
    I have mine set up this way.
    Attachment 50958

Have you tried running SFC and DISM in an admin command prompt.

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

let it run through then
    reboot and run it again to check if it cleaned everything. It
    may take awhile depending on your hardware(HDD or SSD), and it may
    appear to freeze at 20% on the third part, just be patient and
    let in run out.

Cliff S, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop - Similar Threads - Blue Screen returning

2. blue screen INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blue screen INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR in sleep mode: When I send the computer to sleep mode, then once a week or less often it does not go into sleep mode, but immediately turns off and looking through the minidumps gives the error INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR all the time. How to solve this problem?here's the last one:Microsoft R...
  3. blue screen INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue screen INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR in sleep mode: When I send the computer to sleep mode, then once a week or less often it does not go into sleep mode, but immediately turns off and looking through the minidumps gives the error INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR all the time. How to solve this problem?here's the last one:Microsoft R...
  4. Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode: Hi GuysI'm having issues with a new build specs as below.Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usable Device ID FB446C71-05C1-402A-B911-10B514086F2A Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA642 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  5. Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode: Hi GuysI'm having issues with a new build specs as below.Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usable Device ID FB446C71-05C1-402A-B911-10B514086F2A Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA642 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  6. Blue screen of death BSOD after laptop resumed from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen of death BSOD after laptop resumed from sleep mode: Hello, My Dell G3579 laptop crashed after waking up from sleep mode with the code SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M 1000007e Steps that lead to the crash: - I recently experienced a lot of random blue screen of death crashes. It happened quite randomly so I updated...
  7. windows slowdown at return from sleep mode and hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    windows slowdown at return from sleep mode and hibernate: Windows 10 Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363.535) MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE since about the December cumulative update for windows 10, when I wake the system, the login screen is acting like I am running windows on a 20 year old machine, not one less than a year old. the cursor...
  8. Toshiba Laptop E55-A5114/Sleep Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Toshiba Laptop E55-A5114/Sleep Mode Problem: I have been using a Toshiba Satellite E55 since 2015 and I've got some problems recently with Sleep Mode (when set by Power Management). The Start/Sleep Mode when deliberately set by the user still works (it wakes up by touching keyboard, power button or mouse). After...
  9. Return From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Return From Sleep: My pc goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes, when I then press the spacebar to return to normal operation I get a random picture on screen, plus so odd overlayed messages. Then press enter and it asks for a password, press enter again and it logs in and goes back to normal -...
  10. Returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning from sleep: I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that I've clicked on. Taskbar won't open. Windows is up to date and my bios has been patched. Tried uninstalling KB4056892 - no...