Windows 10: Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop

Discus and support Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all. I have a new Toshiba C55-C5241 Laptop, which came pre-loaded with Windows 10. (See Specs) I clean installed Windows 10 last weekend. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TV2, Aug 29, 2015.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop

Hi all.

I have a new Toshiba C55-C5241 Laptop, which came pre-loaded with Windows 10. (See Specs)
    I clean installed Windows 10 last weekend. All went very well. I just started loading programs this weekend.

I started noticing the blue screen stops yesterday. These happen coming out of Sleep. I probably never would have noticed these before because I was not leaving the machine alone long enough for it to go into Sleep. So unfortunately I do not have a good idea when the behavior started - from the beginning or after some software installation.

Here are my reports:
    Attachment 34718

It would be great if anyone could point out an offending program or driver.

Blue screens are mostly "Kernal Data Inpage Error" and the more serious "Critical Process Died", both I understand to be processor related.

I did not have the presence of mind to test or check any of this early on. But I do have images of the original factory installation and of the fresh, clean install (before any customization or software installs). I do not believe that I ever tried Sleep Mode on the original factory installation.

The stops happen very consistently when on battery power, less so when plugged in. For a while I thought they did not occur when plugged in - this was not the case. They seem to be more consistent when manually going into sleep, not so much when it goes into sleep from Power Settings.

All of the drivers in the clean install were the same as the drivers in the factory installation (at the time I finished). I did not turn off automatic driver update for a few days. I will check the driver list for changes later.

Software installed (in order) : Avast!, Firefox, Office 2010 (H&S), Nitro Reader, VLC (64 bit), Handy Address Book (a prog I've been using for years), Malwarebytes, CCleaner (never run), and Winamp.

I am thinking of restoring the clean install image today (start over). Just to see if the behavior started then.

Let me know if you need more info.
    And thanks.

:)

2. Al Kozl Win User

Windows 10 black screen w/cursor

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, Windows 10 recently updated. It is in the sleep mode, black screen w/ cursor. Cannot get it out of sleep mode to attempt fixes . Help !

Al Kozl, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 power saving

Every time my PC and or laptop goes into power save mode. It fully shuts down and not turn from blue light to yellow light showing it is in sleep mode. When I take it out of Sleep mode the screen does not appear for 5 mins. on my HP Pavillion laptop
    and desktop

CarolePrikasky Reith, Aug 29, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi TV2,

Welcome to the 10forums.

There are multiple causes of the crashes,
    Please start with following

• Please remove Avast the standard way and follow the uninstall instructions to remove traces.
    • Please uninstall Malwarebytes and install it again. If you have a license for malwarebytes please note it before removing Malwarebytes, after using the uninstall utility there is no trace from Malwarebytes left.

If you get any new bluescreen, please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

5. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Hi Axe0

Are you saying that the faulting modules are Avast and Malwarebytes related in the Dumps?

If so I would be partial to just restoring my clean install image and starting over, testing after each new software installation. That, to me, is faster and easier (at this early point in the process) than randomly uninstalling programs.

If the dumps are clearly showing that the faults are with those 2 programs that would be important. But if that is just a general recommendation to start tracking down the culprit then I would rather just start over. I can do that now - it is early.

6. axe0 New Member
    Hi TV2,

I found a driver that caused a crash related to Avast.
    I didn't find anything about Malwarebytes, but due to the latest information regarding some problems with Malwarebytes after upgrading I advice to reinstall malwarebytes. Reinstalling malwarebytes will solve the problems after upgrading.

This will most likely not solve all the crashes, but I need to know if Avast has something to do with the other crashes.

7. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Will do.
    Must go out for the day now. I will uninstall both to experiment and let you know when it is done.
    Thanks!

8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

OK (Wife is taking a while to get ready!)
    Uninstalled Malwarebytes. Still faulting.
    More tests later (or now if I don't get the evil eye!)

Should I delete old dump files?

9. axe0 New Member
    From what date are those dumps you want to delete?

10. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    All the ones I posted already. There will probably be a lot more starting (later) today as I test it. It crashes pretty regularly.

11. axe0 New Member
    Please don't remove them, they are used for analyse purpose to better find the causes.

12. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    I uninstalled Avast.
    No joy

Here are the newest dump files and reports:
    Attachment 34853

I probably will not have time to do the image restore this weekend. Probably next.
    I plan on uninstalling all the progs, testing between each one, as time permits.
    I may just do a new clean install next weekend.

I've been working on PCs for a very long time. I seem to recall that sleep and hibernate problems are usually due to graphics driver conflicts, at least in Win 7 and XP that was the case. I am going to explore that possibility also.

13. axe0 New Member

Please boot in safe mode and see if the problem persist.
    If the problem does not persist, please do the followingBlue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop :eek:pen taskmanager and disable everything in the startup tab
    open msconfig > search msconfig and open it
    go to the tab services
    check 'hide microsoft services'
    uncheck every other services
    click appy and click ok
    reboot if asked.
    If the problem does not persist, enable at taskmanager 1 startup item and msconfig 1 service, reboot and see if the problem is there.
    If the problem is still not there, enable another startup item and service and see if the problem is there.
    Keep going until you have found the problem or there is nothing left to enable.

14. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Safe mode test is inconclusive. There is no SLEEP option in safe mode.
    Closing the lid and reopening - press POWER button - it says it is restarting.

Disabling all startup items and unchecking all non microsoft services and the problem persists.

15. axe0 New Member
    The problem is a bug in windows 10.
    Until Microsoft pushes a fix for this, the solution is to not use the sleep option.

Thema:

1. Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop - Similar Threads - Blue Screen returning

2. blue screen INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blue screen INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR in sleep mode: When I send the computer to sleep mode, then once a week or less often it does not go into sleep mode, but immediately turns off and looking through the minidumps gives the error INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR all the time. How to solve this problem?here's the last one:Microsoft R...
  3. blue screen INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue screen INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR in sleep mode: When I send the computer to sleep mode, then once a week or less often it does not go into sleep mode, but immediately turns off and looking through the minidumps gives the error INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR all the time. How to solve this problem?here's the last one:Microsoft R...
  4. Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode: Hi GuysI'm having issues with a new build specs as below.Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usable Device ID FB446C71-05C1-402A-B911-10B514086F2A Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA642 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  5. Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Returning From Sleep Mode: Hi GuysI'm having issues with a new build specs as below.Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.8 GB usable Device ID FB446C71-05C1-402A-B911-10B514086F2A Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA642 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  6. Blue screen of death BSOD after laptop resumed from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen of death BSOD after laptop resumed from sleep mode: Hello, My Dell G3579 laptop crashed after waking up from sleep mode with the code SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M 1000007e Steps that lead to the crash: - I recently experienced a lot of random blue screen of death crashes. It happened quite randomly so I updated...
  7. windows slowdown at return from sleep mode and hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    windows slowdown at return from sleep mode and hibernate: Windows 10 Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363.535) MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE since about the December cumulative update for windows 10, when I wake the system, the login screen is acting like I am running windows on a 20 year old machine, not one less than a year old. the cursor...
  8. Toshiba Laptop E55-A5114/Sleep Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Toshiba Laptop E55-A5114/Sleep Mode Problem: I have been using a Toshiba Satellite E55 since 2015 and I've got some problems recently with Sleep Mode (when set by Power Management). The Start/Sleep Mode when deliberately set by the user still works (it wakes up by touching keyboard, power button or mouse). After...
  9. Return From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Return From Sleep: My pc goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes, when I then press the spacebar to return to normal operation I get a random picture on screen, plus so odd overlayed messages. Then press enter and it asks for a password, press enter again and it logs in and goes back to normal -...
  10. Returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning from sleep: I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that I've clicked on. Taskbar won't open. Windows is up to date and my bios has been patched. Tried uninstalling KB4056892 - no...