Windows 10: Blue screen on start, normal on restart-any solutions?

Discus and support Blue screen on start, normal on restart-any solutions? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently installed Win10 on a new computer. Everything runs fine except for when I start the computer. When I start it "cold" it automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OnTrie, Nov 28, 2016.

1. OnTrie Win User

Blue screen on start, normal on restart-any solutions?

Hi,

I recently installed Win10 on a new computer. Everything runs fine except for when I start the computer. When I start it "cold" it automatically goes to the blue screen/repair screen. However if I immediately restart the computer from the computers reset button Win10 will launch normally.
    So basically if the computer is off for more than about 7 seconds it will start to the blue screen but after that if reset it starts normally. Anyone got any ideas or solutions?

Br.

:)

OnTrie, Nov 28, 2016

2. horizontal pink and blue lines

I have horizontal pink and blue lines starting at the top of my touch screen at start up. The only way to "fix" the problem is to use the touchscreen and restart the computer. I can see a small portion of the desktop at the top of the screen and it appears
    normal. Any suggestions?

LINDADIESS, Nov 28, 2016
  3. ovra Win User
    Blue screen after restart but not after normal shutdown and start.

My computer hangs with bluescreen after restart but not after normal shutdown and power on.

Also I get bluescreen after installing update KB3176493.

Win 10 Home with motherboard ASUS P5QPL-AM.

4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Nov 28, 2016
  5. OnTrie Win User
    Thanks for the advice but it did not fix the problem. When doing a fresh boot it still goes to the blue/repair screen.

OnTrie, Nov 28, 2016
  6. lifetec Win User
    Your DM Log collector Tool does not have dumpfile(s) inside.

Please check if your system is configured for collecting dumpfiles. (6. To have Windows Create a Small memory dump (Minidump) File on BSOD
    If you are using CCcleaner or similar Apps please uncheck deleting dumpfiles option.
    BSOD Minidump - Configure to Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

lifetec, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Blue screen on start, normal on restart-any solutions? - Similar Threads - Blue screen start

2. windows blue screens, restarts, and starts updating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows blue screens, restarts, and starts updating: I was just watching videos online when windows decided to blue screen on me, i was shocked as this was the first time my system blue screened.after my pc restarted it started to update?This confuses me as ive never seen this in windows before, even on someone elses system.Can...
  3. windows blue screens, restarts, and starts updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows blue screens, restarts, and starts updating: I was just watching videos online when windows decided to blue screen on me, i was shocked as this was the first time my system blue screened.after my pc restarted it started to update?This confuses me as ive never seen this in windows before, even on someone elses system.Can...
  4. windows blue screens, restarts, and starts updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 to 11 update blue screen persisting - any solutions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to 11 update blue screen persisting - any solutions?: I have had this issue for a while now ~ 5 months with no solutions working at all. I have tried the workaround involving going to the command prompt in recovery mode and attempting to enter this command:xcopy C:\windows\system32\drivers\hidparse.sys...
  6. Windows 10 to 11 update blue screen persisting - any solutions?

Windows 10 to 11 update blue screen persisting - any solutions?: I have had this issue for a while now ~ 5 months with no solutions working at all. I have tried the workaround involving going to the command prompt in recovery mode and attempting to enter this command:xcopy C:\windows\system32\drivers\hidparse.sys...
  7. Any solution for the blue screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any solution for the blue screen?: when i restart my laptop it shows up to me a blue screen i literally did EVERY solution i found on the internet and all of them didn’t work what i have to do : ??????...
  8. Any solution for the blue screen?

Any solution for the blue screen?: when i restart my laptop it shows up to me a blue screen i literally did EVERY solution i found on the internet and all of them didn’t work what i have to do : ??????...
  9. Constant blue screen with no solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant blue screen with no solution: I have been having blue screens for 2 weeks now, each caused by a different thing every time. I've run memory diagnostics, updates, tried updated drivers, gone over event viewer, and reliability history, I've run Driver Verifier, CheckHealths, ScanHealth, recovery image, SFC,...
  10. BLUE SCREEN - NO SOLUTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLUE SCREEN - NO SOLUTION: I have BLUE SCREEN AND TRIED BASICALLY EVERY OPTION TO RECOVER INCLUDING WIPING OUT ALL HARD DRIVES AND RE-INSTALLING WINDOWS AND i STILL GOT AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING AN ERROR WAS ENCOUNTERED AND NOTHING WAS CHANGED....