Windows 10: Blue screen on startup after resizeing windows 10 partition size.

Discus and support Blue screen on startup after resizeing windows 10 partition size. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am dual booting windows 10 with Linux. I wanted to shrink my 400GB windows partition by 100GB to have some space for another operating system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AleksanderŻukowski, May 27, 2022.

1. Blue screen on startup after resizeing windows 10 partition size.

Hello, I am dual booting windows 10 with Linux. I wanted to shrink my 400GB windows partition by 100GB to have some space for another operating system. I used AOMEI partition manager. Now when I try to boot windows, there is a blue screen of death, then it reboots my computer and it shows this menu.What should I do now, to keep my data from both operating system and have a working windows OS?Thanks in advance

:)

AleksanderŻukowski, May 27, 2022
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, May 27, 2022
  3. Resize Windows 10 System Partition

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".
    • In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu
    • Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up space.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 27, 2022
  4. fredde Win User

Blue screen on startup after resizeing windows 10 partition size.

Partition Sizes?

My new system has 2 150 g Raptors in Raid0. I normally keep the O/S on one partition, installed applications on another, and my paging file on another partition. With a volume size of 300 gigs, what would you suggest as far as partition sizes are concerned?

Thank-You. *Smile Blue screen on startup after resizeing windows 10 partition size. :)*Smile Blue screen on startup after resizeing windows 10 partition size. :)

fredde, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Blue screen on startup after resizeing windows 10 partition size.

1. Blue screen on startup after resizeing windows 10 partition size. - Similar Threads - Blue screen startup

2. Blue screen on startup after resizeing windows 10 partition size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen on startup after resizeing windows 10 partition size.: Hello, I am dual booting windows 10 with Linux. I wanted to shrink my 400GB windows partition by 100GB to have some space for another operating system. I used AOMEI partition manager. Now when I try to boot windows, there is a blue screen of death, then it reboots my computer...
  3. Blue screen on startup after resizeing windows 10 partition size.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen on startup after resizeing windows 10 partition size.: Hello, I am dual booting windows 10 with Linux. I wanted to shrink my 400GB windows partition by 100GB to have some space for another operating system. I used AOMEI partition manager. Now when I try to boot windows, there is a blue screen of death, then it reboots my computer...
  4. Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition: Hello,I have a dual boot linux + windows and i wanted to reduce the size of my linux partition to increase the size of my windows partition. I used gparted on a live usb because when I try to resize partition on windows or linux it doesnt work. The linux partition have been...
  5. Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition: Hello,I have a dual boot linux + windows and i wanted to reduce the size of my linux partition to increase the size of my windows partition. I used gparted on a live usb because when I try to resize partition on windows or linux it doesnt work. The linux partition have been...
  6. Windows doesnt recognize full partition size after resizing a partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows does not recognize full partition size after resizing a partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows does not recognize full partition size after resizing a partition?: I got a Micron_2200_MTFDHBA1T0TCK 1024.2 GB in my laptop, and I had 2 main partitions, one for linux and one for Windows. After deleting the 150GB Linux partition I resized the main partition again. It shows as 953 GB partition in Disk Management but only as 802 GB in...
  8. Windows 10, crash after blue screen on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, crash after blue screen on startup: Hi I got this problem where my laptop has a blank blue screen after I turn it on and shuts down right after. Is there a way to fix this? Edit: now I get a stop code 0xc000021a I have looked for online fixes regarding the stop code however it doesn't work as my laptop...
  9. Windows 10 partition size after format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 partition size after format: Hi all, I would like to create a round 700GB size partition. I know that after formatting there will be some unavailable space (system files, etc.) on it. What size do I have to set in Disk Management, if I want that partition to be exactly 700,0GB in the explorer after...
  10. Windows 10 partition size after format

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 partition size after format: Hi all, I would like to create a round 700GB size partition. I know that after formatting there will be some unavailable space (system files, etc.) on it. What size do I have to set in Disk Management, if I want that partition to be exactly 700,0GB in the explorer after...