Windows 10: Blue Screen - System Thread Exception not Handled - iaStorA.sys and iaStorAC.sys

Discus and support Blue Screen - System Thread Exception not Handled - iaStorA.sys and iaStorAC.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My Dell XPS will only work when plugged in and charging. If unplugged, or when booting while unplugged, I receive a Blue Screen error stating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RP2749, Jul 10, 2020.

1. RP2749 Win User

Blue Screen - System Thread Exception not Handled - iaStorA.sys and iaStorAC.sys

Hello,

My Dell XPS will only work when plugged in and charging. If unplugged, or when booting while unplugged, I receive a Blue Screen error stating "System Thread Exception not Handled" with either iaStorA.sys or iaStorAC.sys as the failed file.

After some research, I updated almost all the drivers I thought could be relevant. I am now trying to install Windows Updates as it appears they were on pause for a few weeks. However, the windows updates are failing to install. I receive the error 0x8000ffff.

When looking up 0x8000ffff, I come across a support page asking me to run the DISM RestoreHealth Command below as an administrator. I have done so and the command has been running for over 4 hours. The progress bar is at 100% but I have not received any text telling me the command was completed or successful.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

A couple of questions: Should I let the DISM command keep running and for how long?

Is there a solution to the Blue Screen error and failing file that I am not aware of?

I believe these files relate to Intel RST application, does Intel RST only work for Intel SSD's? I do not have an Intel SSD, so I am curious if I need these files at all and if I can simply delete them to resolve the problem?

Thank you in advance and I appreciate the help!

RP2749

:)

RP2749, Jul 10, 2020

2. Blue Screen System Thread Exception Not Handled

What causes my blue screen? I was just searching the Internet when I had gotten a blue screen and it told me System Thread Exception Not Handled (Qcamain10x64.sys).

alexabecerra, Jul 10, 2020
  3. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Blue Screen - System Thread Exception not Handled - iaStorA.sys and iaStorAC.sys

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Hi Cyrielle,

It's possible that your system is getting the "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" blue screen error due to outdated drivers. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?
    • Are you using a third-party antivirus program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Blue Screen - System Thread Exception not Handled - iaStorA.sys and iaStorAC.sys - Similar Threads - Blue Screen System

2. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys: Bilgisayarımı kullanırken wi-fi bağlantısı kesildi ama telefonum hala wi-fi ağına bağlıydı yani wi-fi ağında bir problem yoktu. Bende Ağ ve internet ayarları için sorunları gider seçeneğini seçtim tam o sırada bilgisayarım mavi ekran verip bu uyarıyı verdi.Durdurma Kodu:...
  3. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys: Bilgisayarımı kullanırken wi-fi bağlantısı kesildi ama telefonum hala wi-fi ağına bağlıydı yani wi-fi ağında bir problem yoktu. Bende Ağ ve internet ayarları için sorunları gider seçeneğini seçtim tam o sırada bilgisayarım mavi ekran verip bu uyarıyı verdi.Durdurma Kodu:...
  4. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys): (Note: I have been updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10). I have installed Windows 10 on a laptop and two PC’s All went well but today (3 days later) my main PC when switch this morning on gave me the following. (Fig1) System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys) I...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled,What failed: Qcamain10x64.sys

System Thread Exception Not Handled,What failed: Qcamain10x64.sys: While using Facebook, My pc suddenly stopped and shows that my device ran into a problem and needs to restart.Stop code: System Thread Exception Not Handled; What failed: Qcamain10x64. sys.Now what should I do?My pc runs windows 10.system configuration-intel i3 10 gen, 4GB...
  7. BSOD system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys: TL,DR: system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys error screen and resetting to factory does not work. Hi, I've recently had an issue with my Hp Envy and it will randomly crash and show the screen shown on the link and it will be stuck in this screen. I have no idea...
  8. Getting Blue Screen with Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED RTKVHD64.sys

Getting Blue Screen with Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED RTKVHD64.sys: Hi Everyone, I am getting the blue screen with error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED RTKVHD64.sys" and system then goes to restart. Appreciate if someone can please support....
  9. Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the...: have 2 monitors, using main 3440x1440 + 3840x2160 as second monitor. have had no problems until recently. the problem is when i play games on the main monitor and have video content on the second monitor ……….………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. The BSOD occurs...
  10. system thread exception not handled wdf01000.sys

system thread exception not handled wdf01000.sys: [ATTACH] I dont know how to fix that, I only have command prompt in advanced options, I must fix with that. I cant go in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-thread-exception-not-handled-wdf01000sys/8c25a0ce-3b0d-4212-9c3a-8632662a4a71

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system thread exception not handled iaStor.sys