Windows 10: Blue Screen, then Windows Automatic Repair - C: drive renamed to G:

Discus and support Blue Screen, then Windows Automatic Repair - C: drive renamed to G: in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! My computer (running Windows 10) crashed to a blue screen of death yesterday. The stop code was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, for the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MartinSpindler1, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Blue Screen, then Windows Automatic Repair - C: drive renamed to G:

Hello!

My computer (running Windows 10) crashed to a blue screen of death yesterday. The stop code was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, for the file nvlddmkm.sys (which appears to be related to the nVidia graphics card).

Upon reboot, my PC displays the Windows Automatic Repair tool. I have tried running chkdsk (it returned no errors), as well as restoring the restoring the master boot record over the command prompt. The boot behavior didn't change. Booting into Safe Mode does not work.

I noticed later that the C: partition (which is the Windows partition) is now basically empty, with the Windows folder being moved to "G:" (which until yesterday didn't exist). Following this guide

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/223188/how-to-restore-the-system-boot-drive-letter-in-windows

I attempted to restore the system boot drive letter. However, this also hasn't changed anything - the computer still shows the Automatic Repair Tool instead of booting.

I'll gladly supply any further information. I appreciate any help in advance!

:)

MartinSpindler1, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Dann Win User

Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death!

This is the first time i have ever got the blue screen, but it keeps on occurring, and so i cannot get onto that hard drive, it shuts down within a second of the blue screen showing itself, which doesnt give me any time to read it lol. So i am completely confused as there is no Path of: "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump" as well

Thanks for the help, do you have any further suggestions ?

Dann, Jan 7, 2019
  3. How to get past blue Automatic Repair screen and into my PC?

Hi Ed,

Let us try resolving your concern with the blue Automatic Repair screen issue. We suggest that you check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Blue Screen, then Windows Automatic Repair - C: drive renamed to G:

Unable to prompt in c: after an automatic repair. Any ideas ?

Hi all,

After a failed automatic repair, i tried to prompt in c: but i got a I/O message error.

I can prompt in D: or E: (or others) but not in C:

I try to restore a Windows 10 family ed. or at least to access the users documents folder to back up on an usb drive.

I'm lost (in paradise of windows automatic repair). So if someone have an idea or any "step by step" suggestion to solve my problem, i will be always grateful.

BR,

Fabrice MAICEL, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Blue Screen, then Windows Automatic Repair - C: drive renamed to G:

1. Blue Screen, then Windows Automatic Repair - C: drive renamed to G: - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Automatic

2. Blue screen: Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen: Automatic Repair: Hi so I’ve been having an issue and have been stuck on the Automatic Repair screen. I’ve been watching some videos on how to fix it but always get stuck. The 1 thing that I always get stuck on and it’s that I don’t remember the account password I used for the pc I’m currently...
  3. Blue screen: Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen: Automatic Repair: Hi so I’ve been having an issue and have been stuck on the Automatic Repair screen. I’ve been watching some videos on how to fix it but always get stuck. The 1 thing that I always get stuck on and it’s that I don’t remember the account password I used for the pc I’m currently...
  4. Blue screen: Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Automatic Repair - Blue Screen Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair - Blue Screen Loop: Hi,I turned on my laptop this morning and screen says Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly. I restarted, on/off many times but always getting the same screen. I read other posts about this problem and advices and tried to do the same Command Prompt, Uninstall...
  6. Blue screen in automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen in automatic repair: I installed an update for Windows 10, and started my laptop. It bluescreened, and since has been in a loop of turning on, loading screen, blue screen, blue screen completeing, turing on, loading screen, blue screen, turn off, on again, ad nauseam. I have forced it to enter...
  7. Automatic repair blue screen

Automatic repair blue screen: [IMG]hi, this screen keeps coming up everytime I turn on my PC and I've tried everything to try and get past it but nothing is working! I've even tried restoring my PC back to factory setting and it said it was unable to change anything. Can someone please help I'm getting...
  8. Windows Broken C Drive Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Broken C Drive Automatic Repair: So basically, I loaded a virus onto my hardrive and it loaded a bunch of files onto the drive. The computer went into automatic repair, and it will not let me reset the pc, system restore or startup repair. I am very confused. I know i should get a new hard drive but i am...
  9. Automatic Repair Blue Screen

Automatic Repair Blue Screen: So, recently the blue screen error (Automatics Repair) has shown up. I've looked at many YouTube videos and searched up for similar problems on this website, but nothing currently works. - Shutting down just loads me back to the blue automatic repair screen when the power...
  10. Blue Screen, Automatic Repair

Blue Screen, Automatic Repair: I restarted my Laptop after resetting it then it went to a blue screen “error 0x000021a” and then restarting over and over again. When restarting it displays the Dell logo and underneath is “Preparing Automatic Repair,” “Diagnosing Your PC,” “Repairing disk errors...” and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 drive renmaed blue screen

2. automatic repair blue screen

3. c drive blue screen