Windows 10: blue screen "thread stuck in device driver"

Discus and support blue screen "thread stuck in device driver" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! As the title says I'm getting BSOD more and more frequently. It all started around a month ago but it was one BSOD per a week. Then a day I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MGergely, Sep 12, 2018.

1. MGergely Win User

blue screen "thread stuck in device driver"

Hello!

As the title says I'm getting BSOD more and more frequently. It all started around a month ago but it was one BSOD per a week. Then a day I got 2-3 BSOD a day, I decided to reinstall Windows and it was good for a week until now.

I think the issue is with the graphic card or with it's driver but I'm not 100% sure. Here are the things I noticed when my pc was crashing:

-the crash happens when I'm using media application, watching video/stream in web browser or launching application ( like twitch app, discord, steelseries mouse engine app) but it never happens when I'm playing a game.

-after the crash, my pc restarts and my monitor is not getting a signal, in the past I turned off the pc and the power supply, waited a couple of minutes then it was fine but not even that works anymore

-when I was getting 2-3 crash a day I reinstalled Windows and it worked perfectly for a week

-today before the second BSOD the display amd driver crashed four times between 15 seconds(there was a couple of second when the screen not only got frozen but pixelated too) but I didn't get BSOD right away, since the mouse cursor stuck in place ( I was able to use the mouse but the pointer stuck) I tried to restart my pc but I was getting the BSOD meanwhile my pc tried to restart

Since my last crash I've taken the graphic card out and using integrated graphic, no BSOD since then (3hour not much time to really test this)

Could anyone help me identifying the problem as I'm still hoping the issue isn't with my GPU but with conflicting driver?

I saved some logs from the crashes, I have multiple kernel, radeon and dwm appcrash folder in my \ProgramData\...\WER\ReportArchive that was generated when I got BSOD and after the restart.

I can provide these logs and MEMORY.DMP (which is 554 Mbyte is it normal?) but please specify which files are needed.

Sorry for my english, I have hungarian windows, the reason why I'm asking for help here first is because I'm hoping more people visits these forums.

:)

MGergely, Sep 12, 2018

2. blue screen and "device stuck in thread driver error

Hi William,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about getting blue screen error on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue specific while performing any particular action of your computer?

I would like to inform that this usually indicates problem with the hardware itself, or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to scan for the hardware changes
    in the Device Manager and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manage, click on Scan for hardware changes icon
    in the Tools bar.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, refer to the article: Updating a driver. and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Thread stuck in device driver

Running Win 10 on a HP All-In-One. No problems at all for past four years but today got my first "blue screen" (didn't even know that "the blue screen of death" was still a thing!) indicating that "thread stuck in device driver". Before I go through any
    troubleshootng efforts, does anyone have personal experience with this problem?

DavidMills3, Sep 12, 2018
  4. blue screen "thread stuck in device driver"

THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER IN WINDOWS 10

I have uninstalled and re- installed fresh driver from site but it is still showing the blue screen error with 'thread stuck in device driver " message.

:-(

Abhijeet Krishna Chandra, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

blue screen "thread stuck in device driver"

1. blue screen "thread stuck in device driver" - Similar Threads - blue screen thread

2. Blue Screen Of Death Problem: Thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Of Death Problem: Thread stuck in device driver: Greetings! I've been having this problem for a while now and I've tried reaching out to the forums. Unfortunately the person helping me stopped responding and I am in real need of help. Here is all the info I have on the supposed error. Source Windows Summary Shut...
  3. Thread Stuck in Device Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thread Stuck in Device Driver: Hello, I'm dealing with this error since a long time ago, at least twice a week. I own an Acer Aspire 5 - A515-41G-16BQ, but I assume msinfo will contain all other necessary info. In short, I have updated everything: - BIOS - W10 - AMD drivers - sound drivers Every single...
  4. Thread Stuck in device driver

Thread Stuck in device driver: [IMG]Quisiera saber por que me está dando este problema, el cual es muy frecuente a la hora en la que estoy en alguna aplicación o un juego, y abro google chrome, despues de 1 minuto de abierto, me da el pantallazo azul...
  5. Blue Screen of Death Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver

Blue Screen of Death Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver: Hi Microsoft. I just had this Blue Screen of Death just a few minutes ago. I'm using windows 10 on a laptop. The drivers are up to date except windows 10 itself windows 10 version 1703 coz I am using a metered connection Internet. I have no problems with it before not until...
  6. Thread Stuck in a Device Driver

Thread Stuck in a Device Driver: I think so there is huge problem in windows 10. i installed windows 10 , 2 times from a bootable pendrive. my laptop eventually crashes i have tested with fhree Amd drivers 20.4.1 20.5.1 & Now 20.7.1 it always crahses i am not sure if there is a problem with AMD. i...
  7. Blue Screen of Death with stop code: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

Blue Screen of Death with stop code: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER: Good evening. It's me Mizuna Tsubasa again, praying those reading this are in a safe place indoors preferably and healthy. I had couple of issues with BSOD since late November 2019 and those were resolved by helpful Microsoft Community Mods via Microsoft Community....
  8. Thread Stuck In Driver Blue Screen

Thread Stuck In Driver Blue Screen: Please let me know that how to fix this. All my drivers are up to date too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thread-stuck-in-driver-blue-screen/b48571d0-aeac-40f5-bdba-1e82b3502441
  9. Blue screen Stop code: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

Blue screen Stop code: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER: Laptop occasionally randomly restarts starting with blue screen collecting error info. And call a support person and give them this info: Stop code: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER Please help....
  10. THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER 0x000000EA Blue Screen Error

in Windows 10 News
    THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER 0x000000EA Blue Screen Error: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With a failed attempt to use the Graphics rendering capabilities of a computer, is made by a program, Windows 10 might throw a Blue Screen error saying THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER. The Stop Code for this Blue Screen error [...] This post THREAD STUCK IN...