Windows 10: BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f when launching a game from the Xbox app

Discus and support BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f when launching a game from the Xbox app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I downloaded the game Wreckfest from the xbox app with gamepass. Every time I try to launch it No matter from where or how windows lags, frezees and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Trivagoski, Feb 20, 2021.

1. BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f when launching a game from the Xbox app

I downloaded the game Wreckfest from the xbox app with gamepass.

Every time I try to launch it No matter from where or how windows lags, frezees and crash with BSOD and UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f.

Crash Dump with msinfo:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqZnbKV5XfCSko5XaWzOhwAbWAdB1w?e=0txSMR

WinDbg bugchek analysis:

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7fThis means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kindthat the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch bound trap or thatis always instant death double fault. The first number in thebugcheck params is the number of the trap 8 = double fault, etcConsult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what thesetraps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:If kv shows a taskGate use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.Else if kv shows a trapframe use .trap on that valueElse .trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrapEndifkb will then show the corrected stack.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULTArg2: ffffd50012f0b090Arg3: ffff9f84c22a1fd0Arg4: fffff80147c4e6b8

dps gives 3 drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys

gameflt.sys

WdFilter.sys

Also, BlueScreenView gives ntoskrnl.exe as the cause of the BSOD

Help

:)

Trivagoski, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Cheri F Win User

Xbox app closes on launch

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately...

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently? No.
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue? No.
    • Is there any error message? None.
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this thread?
      Quite a few people found it helpful. - I did try this (for the Xbox and Photos app) and it made absolutely no difference.
    I'd appreciate any additional suggestions. I'm still unable to use either the Xbox or Photos app. I'd really like to use them.

Cheri F, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 20, 2021
  4. BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f when launching a game from the Xbox app

Xbox App, powers on Xbox One X but app doesn't know it.

Hi,

Most times, when you try to start the game and/or app, the splash screen displays for a few seconds before sending your back to the Home screen. If this is the case, let us walk you through the steps on how to resolve this concern. Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Start the app again

• If the app is available on the Home screen in either the big center tile or one of the four
      most recently used tiles highlight that tile with your controller (but don't select it).
    • Press the Menu button on the controller.
    • If the option to Quit is present, select it. (If it's not present, the app is not currently running.)
    • Once you're sure the app is closed, re-launch the app by selecting it from the recently used tiles or from
      My games & apps.

If the app doesn't start, please restart your Xbox One X console.

Step 2: Restart your Xbox One console.

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Note: Pressing the Xbox button opens the guide from any screen on the console.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select Restart console.
    • Select Yes to confirm.
    • Try to launch the app again.

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the app

If the issue still isn't resolved, try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. Here's how:

• On Home, move right and select My games & apps.
    • Highlight the content you want to uninstall.
    • Press the Menu button on your controller.
    • Select Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f when launching a game from the Xbox app

1. BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f when launching a game from the Xbox app - Similar Threads - BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

2. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help: Hi,I have this error daily. Thanks for help.Dump File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LRJVvi3j5NGm8rlpSCQgwzPh-LSEqWxn/view?usp=sharingChris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-unexpectedkernelmodetrap-7f-need-help/406763e6-6458-48d3-aa3e-7a8d6a4239b7
  3. BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f: Can you please help me debugging this, i really needs to know what's giving me this BSOD.I've update a bunch of drivers lately, and now im unable to detect which one is giving me this BSOD.Kind regardsDEBUG PLS.rar...
  4. BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f: Can you please help me debugging this, i really needs to know what's giving me this BSOD.I've update a bunch of drivers lately, and now im unable to detect which one is giving me this BSOD.Kind regardsDEBUG PLS.rar...
  5. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f - Seems to be ocurring during gaming only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f - Seems to be ocurring during gaming only: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7fThis means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kindthat the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch bound trap or thatis always instant death double fault. The first number in theBugCheck params is the number of the trap 8 = double...
  6. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f - Seems to be ocurring during gaming only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f - Seems to be ocurring during gaming only: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7fThis means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kindthat the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch bound trap or thatis always instant death double fault. The first number in theBugCheck params is the number of the trap 8 = double...
  7. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f win32kbase.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f win32kbase.sys BSOD: Hi, I had a bluescreen while streaming and looked into the log and googled followed https://www.****/knowledge/win32kbase-sys-blue-screen-error-fixed/ steps. Now I fixed corrupted windows10 system files but Im still not 100% sure what caused it. I was thinking because of...
  8. BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f when launching a game from the Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f when launching a game from the Xbox app: Downloaded the game Wreckfest from the xbox app with gamepass. Every time I try to launch it No matter from where or how windows lags, frezees and crash with BSOD and UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f. Minidump with msinfo and DxDiag:...
  9. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BLUE SCREENS

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BLUE SCREENS: Good evening, Since 2,3 months I was starting to have blue screens randomly which was appearing everytime at least 3x in a day or sometimes not at all or sometimes one day and it variates, it was basically random. Good to know: I always do my drivers updates, scan my PC...
  10. Blue screen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Blue screen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: Hi , i was using my computer as usual watching Hulu on google chrome latest version , when my computer suddenly freezes in the middle of playback and i got this error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP , caused by driver nvlddmkm.sys , caused by address nvlddmkm.sys+eef06 , crash...