Windows 10: Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Discus and support Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! One of our employees ran into a blue screen with stop code: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.I asked them to send me their mini-dump files in order to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Luis Orozco1, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Hello! One of our employees ran into a blue screen with stop code: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.I asked them to send me their mini-dump files in order to diagnose the issue. Thank you for your help. Dell / XPS 15 9560 MFG YR 2017Minidump.zipRegards, Luis Orozco.

:)

Luis Orozco1, Jun 27, 2022
  2. Geethu B Win User

Scan for hardware changes causes blue screen error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you to fix the Blue Screen error.

The bug check VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR indicates that the Microsoft DirectX graphics kernel subsystem has detected a violation.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer?

Method 1:

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest graphics driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the following article which will help to fix common Blue Screen errors. Check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Blue Screen When Plugging in HDMI - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error

Attachment 93322

Hey guys,

I have a Gigabyte laptop P25 upgraded to Windows 10. (GTX 770M)
    I have a problem only after upgraded to Windows 10. When I go to plug in a display through the HDMI port, the screen flashes for a bit, then the blue screen: "video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error" . When it restarts, it can't load in system when the HDMI still in. So I need to remove the HDMI then restart it again. What does this error mean and does anyone know of a solution to the problem / had similar experience?

Thanks!

andy791017, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

1. Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR - Similar Threads - Blue screen VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

2. Constant VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR blue screen events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR blue screen events: After a BIOS update not certain it caused the problems, but that's when it started to my dell laptop running windows 11, my PC has been suffering constant BSOD's while gaming, and despite all my efforts reinstalling drivers, uninstalling programs, tweaking programs, running...
  3. Constant VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR blue screen events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR blue screen events: After a BIOS update not certain it caused the problems, but that's when it started to my dell laptop running windows 11, my PC has been suffering constant BSOD's while gaming, and despite all my efforts reinstalling drivers, uninstalling programs, tweaking programs, running...
  4. Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Hello! One of our employees ran into a blue screen with stop code: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.I asked them to send me their mini-dump files in order to diagnose the issue. Thank you for your help. Dell / XPS 15 9560 MFG YR 2017Minidump.zipRegards, Luis Orozco....
  5. Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen - VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Hello! One of our employees ran into a blue screen with stop code: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.I asked them to send me their mini-dump files in order to diagnose the issue. Thank you for your help. Dell / XPS 15 9560 MFG YR 2017Minidump.zipRegards, Luis Orozco....
  6. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR Blue screen while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR Blue screen while playing games: Hello, so I have this problems like a year now. When I was playing games like forza horizon 4, cs go, R6,etc my game crashed and my laptop did not detect my NVIDIA driver and I have to restart my laptop, so when I restart my laptop it got blue screen and it says...
  7. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR Blue screen while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR Blue screen while playing games: Hello, so I have this problems like a year now. When I was playing games like forza horizon 4, cs go, R6,etc my game crashed and my laptop did not detect my NVIDIA driver and I have to restart my laptop, so when I restart my laptop it got blue screen and it says...
  8. Blue Screen of Death - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error - What is going on?

Blue Screen of Death - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error - What is going on?: Hi, I recently built a new computer with Windows 10 Home, Ryzen 3600, and a Radeon 5700XT. The computer has been operating smoothly for the past month and a half but very recently I've been experiencing some BSOD with the error code 0x00000113 0x0000000000000010,...
  9. Asus UX461UN Blue Screen of Death: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Asus UX461UN Blue Screen of Death: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Hi Everyone, Firstly, I appreciate any support or feedback as I have been struggling with this issue for months now. Background: I have a 2018 Asus Zenbook, it is approximately a year old and no longer under warranty. Before the warranty expired I decided to take...
  10. Blue Screen When Plugging in HDMI - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error

Blue Screen When Plugging in HDMI - video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error: Attachment 93322 Hey guys, I have a Gigabyte laptop P25 upgraded to Windows 10. (GTX 770M) I have a problem only after upgraded to Windows 10. When I go to plug in a display through the HDMI port, the screen flashes for a bit, then the blue screen:...