Windows 10: Blue Screen when attempting to install printer driver

Discus and support Blue Screen when attempting to install printer driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having to re-construct my Windows 10 Pro installation after a hard disk failure and I am having trouble when attempting to install a Canon TR8560... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlanHumphries2, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Blue Screen when attempting to install printer driver

I am having to re-construct my Windows 10 Pro installation after a hard disk failure and I am having trouble when attempting to install a Canon TR8560 printer. During the printer installation, when asked to authorise the disabling of blocking, I get a blue screen and the message REGISTRY FILTER DRIVER EXCEPTION and a reference of IFS64.sys This problem did not accur when I installed the driver previously.

I have contacted Canon, who have told me it's an OS problem and advised contacting Microsoft.

Errors at this level are well beyond my expertise.

Can anyone help please?

My Windows 10 Pro installation has all the patches up until 2019-08-24

Regards

Alan Humphries

:)

AlanHumphries2, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    printer driver

Hi Catherine,

We need to clarify a few things first for us to better understand your printer concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you having an issue using your printer or downloading the driver for your printer?
    • If you're having an issue downloading the driver for your printer, can you please tell us how do you download the its driver? Kindly provide us the step-by-step process on how you do it.
    • Are you encountering an error message when you attempt to download the driver for your printer? We strongly recommend that you post a screenshot of the issue here for us to further investigate your concern.
    • If the issue is with the printer itself, are you having a problem in printing or scanning? What is happening when you attempt to print or scan?

Argel Obm, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Blue Screen when attempting to install printer driver

"No printers have been installed" after the HP Printers were installed with windows 10 approved drivers

Hi,

Thank

you for your reply. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. I suggest you to try running Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Blue Screen when attempting to install printer driver

1. Blue Screen when attempting to install printer driver - Similar Threads - Blue Screen attempting

2. Blank blue screen on attempting to install windows from usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank blue screen on attempting to install windows from usb: I am trying to reinstall windows 11 but the problem is that if i have the hdd connected, the setup menu loads into this blue screen And when I disconnect the hdd then it loads perfectly fine with all the options and textEarlier on my windows 11 the whole taskbar just...
  3. Blue screen when installing amd driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when installing amd driver: Hello! I am a amd GPU and processor user. I use msi bravo 15 b5dd with mx 5500 gpu. My Windows 11 keeps replacing my gpu driver is my first problem. I tried fix it from device manager etc and it didn't work. And now, when I re installing my gpu driver, it crashed and blue...
  4. Blue screen when installing amd driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when installing amd driver: Hello! I am a amd GPU and processor user. I use msi bravo 15 b5dd with mx 5500 gpu. My Windows 11 keeps replacing my gpu driver is my first problem. I tried fix it from device manager etc and it didn't work. And now, when I re installing my gpu driver, it crashed and blue...
  5. Blue screen after installing drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after installing drivers: Hey, recently i broke my gpu geforce by dropping my drink accidently and it splashed inside my pc, idk if it broke anything else but it works now, my friend gave me his gpu and its a poseidon geforce 670 and i installed it and tried to run a game but it has fps lag on pixel...
  6. Blue screen of death when attempting to print

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen of death when attempting to print: It’s widely known that with the recent update there have been printer issues with the most recent updates. I’ve read that hotfixes have been released, but my problems are still persisting. I am using a Polono PL60 Thermal Label Printer. Worked like a dream up until I...
  7. Blue Screen when attempting to reboot or power on PC in 20H2!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen when attempting to reboot or power on PC in 20H2!!: Hello, I've written this post in the Microsoft Community because I've discovered acritical error for people that are using WiFi Dongles. I just updated my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 to the Windows 10 October 2020 Update 20H2 This PC had lost it's built-in WiFi a month ago and am...
  8. Error when trying to install printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error when trying to install printer driver: Hi, really need some help please. Bought a printer Canon Pixma MG2160 and tried to connect to my laptop. Plugged in the USB cable and downloaded the latest driver from the official Canon website. The MP and XPS drivers have both downloaded, but when i try to follow the...
  9. Non-Paged blue screen when attempting to install Office 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Non-Paged blue screen when attempting to install Office 365: I have reformatted my note book just last night. Upon re-installng the Office 365, i get the BSOD when about 34% installation. I have chatted with online Microsoft Support - they suggest it might be the display drivers issue. (i'm like 'huh?'). Anyway, I proceeded to...
  10. Blue screen when attempting to install .NET Framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen when attempting to install .NET Framework 3.5: Hello, I've had an ongoing issue with installing .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10 since the 1809 patch. Due to this and other issues, I've remained on patch 1803 until now. I've began upgrading a few machines in my environment and ran into an issue where I'm unable to...