Windows 10: Blue Screen when attempting to reboot or power on PC in 20H2!!

Discus and support Blue Screen when attempting to reboot or power on PC in 20H2!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've written this post in the Microsoft Community because I've discovered acritical error for people that are using WiFi Dongles. I just updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alex505GA, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Alex505GA Win User

Blue Screen when attempting to reboot or power on PC in 20H2!!

Hello, I've written this post in the Microsoft Community because I've discovered acritical error for people that are using WiFi Dongles. I just updated my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 to the Windows 10 October 2020 Update 20H2 This PC had lost it's built-in WiFi a month ago and am forced to use Ethernet or to purchase a WiFi Dongle, I chose to use a WiFi Dongle, as I don't like leaving wires everywhere.After updating to 20H2, I noticed when I tries to reboot the computer, or power it up it resulted in a Blue Screen showing an error about DRIVER FAILURE. This is a very critical error for people who use WiFi Dongles to get online. Please do not update to the latest version of Windows 10 as you will have trouble getting back up and running again.

Thank You.

:)

Alex505GA, Nov 15, 2020

2. blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Nov 15, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Blue Screen when attempting to reboot or power on PC in 20H2!! - Similar Threads - Blue Screen attempting

2. Blue screen of death when attempting to print

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen of death when attempting to print: It’s widely known that with the recent update there have been printer issues with the most recent updates. I’ve read that hotfixes have been released, but my problems are still persisting. I am using a Polono PL60 Thermal Label Printer. Worked like a dream up until I...
  3. PC crashing and rebooting with blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing and rebooting with blue screen: Whenever I use my pc for long, my pc reboots with the blue screen system failure. I tried the upgrade fix and some other things but it didn't fixed my issue. Here are the links of my mini dump files please check and help....
  4. 20H2 - My PC ran into a "blue screen" when trying to update to Windows 10 Version 20H2 -...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 - My PC ran into a "blue screen" when trying to update to Windows 10 Version 20H2 -...: Hello everyone, As the title states, I cannot update my PC to the newest Windows 10 20H2. Each time I needed to restart to proceed with the update, My PC ran into a blue screen. As you can see below, I tried several times "Echec" means "Failure" : [ATTACH] In the end...
  5. PC reboot when attempting to connect to zoom meeting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboot when attempting to connect to zoom meeting: I have a laptop which just received Windows 10 version 2004 update on Friday 10/23/2020 Now when attempting to join a meeting in Zoom the PC will crash and create a dump then reboot. Running zoom works...crashing occurs when an attempt is made to connect to a meeting. Not...
  6. Blue Screen reboot

Blue Screen reboot: I am also getting a Microsoft blue screen error also called a stop error and the system gathers data and then restarts. I saw in another post of reading minidump dmp files. Is there some way I can open this and read it? Turns out each time the blue screen error happens it...
  7. PC keep blue screen and rebooting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC keep blue screen and rebooting: keep habing blue screen when i check the event viewer like this The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000014, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x00000000000000e5, 0xfffff8022cacbc17. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  8. My PC is constantly rebooting with blue screen. Stop Code: Attempted switch from DPC

My PC is constantly rebooting with blue screen. Stop Code: Attempted switch from DPC: My PC is constantly rebooting with blue screen. Stop Code: Attempted switch from DPC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod/839350e6-fa51-4ee4-a86d-cfc6091a0268
  9. PC gives blue screen and reboots when started

PC gives blue screen and reboots when started: hi, i'm using a Samsung SSD 970 evo 250GB as my boot drive. once in a while, more times than not, when i turn on my pc, after it posts, it will give the blue screen of death, collect data or something and then reboot or shut down. after that, it turns on and boots normally. i...
  10. Blue Screen when attempting to install printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen when attempting to install printer driver: I am having to re-construct my Windows 10 Pro installation after a hard disk failure and I am having trouble when attempting to install a Canon TR8560 printer. During the printer installation, when asked to authorise the disabling of blocking, I get a blue screen and the...