Windows 10: Blue screen when installing Windows 10 update

Discus and support Blue screen when installing Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to update my computer from version 1909 Build 18363.1556 for almost a month now. I have tried using the normal update tool that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Issac Moreno, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Blue screen when installing Windows 10 update

I have been trying to update my computer from version 1909 Build 18363.1556 for almost a month now. I have tried using the normal update tool that comes with Windows 10 and I tried troubleshooting it but it finds no errors. It shows "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.", but when I click "check for updates" it shows a progress bar 3 moving dots but never starts to download any updates. I have not been able to update using the Windows 10 update tool since after the May 2021 update. I have also tried to use the Media Creation Tool and Windows Update Assistant, but en

:)

Issac Moreno, Sep 15, 2021

2. When Windows Installs Updates, it Blue-Screens beforehand

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why your computer goes to a blue screen before an update gets installed. This could be caused by missing update components or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer
    the questions below:

• Were there any error codes or messages that showed up when you saw the blue screen on your computer?
    • We would to clarify what steps you to attempted to disable the automatic updates?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed in your computer?

Windows 10 Pro and Home users also do not have the option to disable automatic updates. If you are using Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise or Education edition, then you will be able to defer the download and installation of Windows Updates on your computer
    system. Windows 10 Home users, will not see this option.

If you are using the version of Windows 10 that supports the option to defer updates, kindly take note of the following information below:

• Download and installation of security updates will happen immediately. Only features will be deferred
    • The deferment will occur for a couple of months only, after which these upgrades too will be downloaded and installed. Quality updates may get deferred by up to 30 days, whereas feature updates will not get installed for up to 180 days.

As a initial recommendation, you can follow the steps to troubleshoot blue screen errors that is available through this

link
    . This article will guide you in a step by steps process to correct errors that may lead to a blue screen showing on your computer.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Blue screen when installing Windows 10 update

Blue Screen Error Memory Management on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

Thank you for responding.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the blue screen error on Windows 10.

What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

This issue might have happened due to the hardware replacement on your device.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 2: Also, contact your device manufacturer's website and update the BIOS drivers to check if the issue persists.

For further reference: Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Blue screen when installing Windows 10 update

1. Blue screen when installing Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Blue screen installing

2. Blue screen when installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when installing Windows 10: I made a bootable stick and when I plug it into the pc and boot the pc from this stick its first shows the windows logo and then it's just an empty blue screen.I have already tried a lot of different things but nothing has worked....
  3. Blue screen when installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when installing Windows 10: I made a bootable stick and when I plug it into the pc and boot the pc from this stick its first shows the windows logo and then it's just an empty blue screen.I have already tried a lot of different things but nothing has worked....
  4. Blue screen when installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blank blue screen when installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank blue screen when installing Windows 10: I built my PC ahead of buying a GPU and wanted to run it until I get one later this month since I need it for work and my 9600K has integrated graphics. I created my Windows 10 USB and it has been working previously on my laptop. I reinstalled the system on the laptop twice...
  6. Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death when installing Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death when installing Windows: Hello there, recently when I try to install Windows on my computer and I have tried getting into WinRE I couldn’t get in because it kept restarting and wouldn’t let me in. Please help me....
  7. Blue screen when installing Windows 10 feature update 2004

Blue screen when installing Windows 10 feature update 2004: Hello, I recently tried to install the Windows 10 feature update 2004 on my desktop PC. At about 70 % of the installation I got a blue screen, with the error code "DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG". As suggested by other posts I looked in "C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Rollback" for a memory...
  8. Blue screen when updating windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen when updating windows: If I start a windows update and wait. It goes up to 100% and then it goes to a blue screen of death. Any fixes or possible solutions? Thanks submitted by /u/jkburner01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fy33ph/blue_screen_when_updating_windows/
  9. Blue Screen after installation of Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after installation of Windows 10 update.: I Installed the most recent update of Windows 10 about a week ago. Since then I periodically get a blue screen which states. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. What failed: Netwtw06.sys. I tried uninsatalling the update and it seemed to work for about 2 days and then my computer...
  10. Blue screens when installing windows 10

Blue screens when installing windows 10: Hello. I am trying to install windows 10 on my new custom built PC. Every time I try, i either get a blue screen usually with one of these errors: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BAD POOL HEADER CRITICAL PROCESS DIED MEMORY MANAGEMENT Or i get a...