Windows 10: Blue screen when loading apps

Discus and support Blue screen when loading apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I realized this morning that in-game overlay from Nvidia wasn't working even tho I had newest drivers so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Reeggan, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Blue screen when loading apps

So I realized this morning that in-game overlay from Nvidia wasn't working even tho I had newest drivers so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it worked. Now when I start random programs my PC always blue screens with the error "system thread expecting not handled" . What can I do?

submitted by /u/Reeggan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Reeggan, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Laptop loads to Windows 10 logo then blue screen and shuts off

shadowthefire,

What brand/model laptop is this?

Try the following:

Step 1: Make sure the computer is shut down, and press the Power Button to turn the computer on.

Step 2: As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off again.

Step 3: Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.

Step 4: The next screen (blue) goes to: Choose Account to continue
    Select your account, enter your Password, and press: Continue

Step 5: A Diagnosing your PC screen appears, and it takes you to the screen for: Automatic Repair

Step 6: Here you can click Restart, or, Advanced Options
    Step 6.1: Select: Restart

Allow the computer to go through the routine, and see if it solves the issue.

If the problem still exists, go back to Step 1 through Step 6.

Step 6.2: This time, click: Advanced Options

Step 7: In the Choose an Option screen, select: Troubleshoot

Step 8: At the next screen, select: Advanced Options

Step 9: Last, select: Startup Repair (Used for problems that keep Windows 10 from loading)

Please provide an update.

cottonball, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Blue screen when loading apps

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Blue screen when loading apps

1. Blue screen when loading apps - Similar Threads - Blue screen loading

2. Blue Screening when opening certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screening when opening certain apps: i currently having a problem with bluescreen opening appsheres the minidumpBios Version: LENOVO BGCN31WWwindows 11 Version 23h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screening-when-opening-certain-apps/b4328dd1-b9b5-408e-9360-729723a7acd4
  3. Blue Screening when opening certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screening when opening certain apps: i currently having a problem with bluescreen opening appsheres the minidumpBios Version: LENOVO BGCN31WWwindows 11 Version 23h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screening-when-opening-certain-apps/b4328dd1-b9b5-408e-9360-729723a7acd4
  4. Blue Screen of Death loading Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death loading Steam: Hi there -Anytime I try to load Steam, I get the blue screen on windows 11 on my relatively new Lenovo Legion Slim 5 16IRH8, RTX 4060. This just started yesterday. At first, it occurred twice when I closed out Cyberpunk. Since this morning, I have have the BSOD every time I...
  5. Black screen with blue loading circle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with blue loading circle.: Hello. Today I had a crash. I went into Settings because I decided to disable windows widgets. I turned them off, and all of a sudden the screen went completely black and there was a big blue loading wheel on it that I could move the mouse around. My laptop kept working, but...
  6. Index is not running, blue screen when under minimal load.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Index is not running, blue screen when under minimal load.: I've been trying to reset windows and it would not remove my files or reinstall windows. Also, I don't know if it's windows or part problems but when I open any game it goes straight to blue screen of death. While troubleshooting the index it said the windows search had not...
  7. Blue Screening when opening certain apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screening when opening certain apps: I am constantly blue screening when I open an application and I don't know why. I was able to use that application perfectly fine before then it just randomly stopped working by giving me blue screens. I have a memory dump but I don't understand what it is saying. Microsoft...
  8. Help with blue loading screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with blue loading screen: Hi, yesterday I was attempting to update my graphics drivers on my pc, and, while I was at it, figured I would download an auto-updater for convenience sake. My computer promptly restarted to finish the download, and went to the blue loading screen. When it started taking...
  9. Blue login screen, windows will not load.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blue login screen, windows will not load.: Ok so when windows loads the login screens they are all blue. First screen shows date and time. When i click it will take a moment to load then show my name followed by the password box. Bottom of the screen has ease of access, power, and internet connection buttons. When i...
  10. PC Blue loading screen stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Blue loading screen stuck: This is how it happened: So the PIN option was gone since last week so I tried to find a solution. I found a tutorial that says I have to delete files from NGC folder. After I deleted it, I tried to change my PIN but now the sign-in options thing is not loading. So I decided...