Windows 10: Blue Screen when plugging in headphones

Discus and support Blue Screen when plugging in headphones in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having this issue with the blue screen and headphone jack. Every time I plug in my headphones my computer asks what I plug in and I select "HiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TrixxyPixxie, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Blue Screen when plugging in headphones

I'm having this issue with the blue screen and headphone jack. Every time I plug in my headphones my computer asks what I plug in and I select "HiFi headphones" and right as soon I hit okay, I get the blue screen. Every time. I get the code and it says PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and it says what failed "RTVHD64.sys" I'm constantly going through a loop with the blue screen. Can anyone please help??

I'm using Windows 10 and MSI gaming laptop GE73 Raider RGB 8RF

:)

TrixxyPixxie, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Aug 7, 2019
  3. txstoby Win User
    Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen when plugging in headphones

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Blue Screen when plugging in headphones

1. Blue Screen when plugging in headphones - Similar Threads - Blue Screen plugging

2. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  3. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  4. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphones not connecting when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not connecting when plugged in: So im having a weird issue on my Dell Inspiron laptop. Its running Windows 11. Every time I try to plug my headphones into my laptop they wont connect. The only way I can get it to work is if I plug them in and restart or plug them in and then turn my computer on. I've...
  6. Headphones not connecting when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not connecting when plugged in: So im having a weird issue on my Dell Inspiron laptop. Its running Windows 11. Every time I try to plug my headphones into my laptop they wont connect. The only way I can get it to work is if I plug them in and restart or plug them in and then turn my computer on. I've...
  7. Blue screen when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen when plugged in: Hello my windows 10 laptop blue screens BSOD when I charge my computer, but when i turn it on the battery everything is ok. But when i plug in the charger and turn on, or plug in while using it blue screens and each time it shows different error message .I’ve tried many...
  8. once Plug in headphones happen blue screen

once Plug in headphones happen blue screen: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U4atfMTsDVzROQGqwAeCGGEXgO6uGzuy/view?usp=sharingthanks a lot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/once-plug-in-headphones-happen-blue-screen/1e80b586-e859-4821-baaa-8bf231b1094e
  9. Headphones not recognized when plugged in

Headphones not recognized when plugged in: Recently bought, my laptop is Dell Inspiron 15-3582 and Windows 10 PRO as OS, big problem is that when i plug in any pair of headphones in one jack port i have, it's not recognized in the SOUND Playback option only available is Speakers/Headphones device The only way that the...
  10. Plugging in headphones blue screens the computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plugging in headphones blue screens the computer.: My computer blue screens when I plug in my headphones. This usually happens when there is a video or audio file playing. It is a Windows 10 HP 15. Is there a fix for this? Do I need a new computer? Why is it that a computer from 2015 is so behind it's time that it just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i plug in my headphones my screen goes blue error

2. blue screen when plugging in headphones

3. system sounds bluetooth earbuds tp link

4. bdod win 10 plug headphone,
  5. windows 10 blue screen headset,
  6. computer bluescreens when changing headsets,
  7. laptop bluescreen when plugging in headphones