Windows 10: Blue Screen When Plugging in Second Display

Discus and support Blue Screen When Plugging in Second Display in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 33615 Hey guys, So I have a Dell inspiron 7537 upgraded to Windows 10. When I go to plug in a second display through the HDMI port,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrCov, Aug 23, 2015.

1. MrCov Win User

Blue Screen When Plugging in Second Display

Attachment 33615

Hey guys,

So I have a Dell inspiron 7537 upgraded to Windows 10. When I go to plug in a second display through the HDMI port, the screen flashes for a bit, then the blue "Something Went Wrong" screen appears with an error
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR . When it restarts, it loads the dual monitors perfectly. It's only when I try to plug one in after it is already on. What does this error mean and does anyone know of a solution to the problem / had similar experience??

Thanks!

:)

MrCov, Aug 23, 2015

2. Plugging in second screen makes built-in display + second screen go blank

I'm plugging in a hp f1703 screen to a windows 10 samsung ultrabook. It has been working fine as a second screen, but now the laptop display goes blank when I plug in the f1703, which also remains blank and powers off. This appeared to start when I booted
    up with the f1703 disconnected and then reconnected.

Any tips gratefully received - in middle of assignment..

philliprogers21, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Plugging in second screen makes built-in display + second screen go blank

Thanks Rajeshwari,

When I unplug the f1703, the built-in screen returns. I can't troubleshoot the f1703 when it is plugged in, because all screens then go off.

Phil

philliprogers21, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

What video card do you have, and what drivers are installed?

Hydranix, Aug 23, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    @MrCov, please read BSOD Posting Instructions

Edit: Please fill in your system specsclick on user cp in the right side of the top of the page > my settings list on the left side on the page> 2nd from above, there can you fill in your system specs.

6. MrCov Win User
    Nvidia 750m with 355.60 driver.

MrCov, Aug 23, 2015
  7. MrCov Win User
    Hows that?

MrCov, Aug 23, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

The BSOD Posting Instructions link helps you to provide needed information for us to help you better.
    Your system specs are also needed information so we don't have to ask every time for it when we need it to help you.

9. MrCov Win User
    No I mean I just updated my system specs and posted the zip file on the main post and was wondering if it was all good! haha!

MrCov, Aug 23, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Didn't see it *Redface, I'll take a look at it.

11. axe0 New Member
    The cause of the crashes is a driver from your GPU, the driver nvlddmkm which is Nvidia Video driver.
    Seeing here that the driver is very recent, so this means that or there is a bug or there is a service from Nvidia causing troubles.
    Please do the following:
    Search msconfig and open it,
    Go to tab services,
    Search for Nvidia Streaming Kernel Service and disable it.
    Reboot if asked.

Code: 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkmstart end module name fffff800`e02e0000 fffff800`e0dcf000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Fri Aug 07 05:19:41 2015 (55C423CD) CheckSum: 00AAF86B ImageSize: 00AEF000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

12. MrCov Win User
    [/quote] Done.

MrCov, Aug 23, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Keep us posted and if any new bluescreen comes up then please use the tool again *Smile

14. MrCov Win User
    Well it happened again, both when I unplugged and re plugged the monitor. Here is the new zipped file:

Attachment 33628

MrCov, Aug 24, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Please check Dell for driver updates, the cause is the same.
    This is most likely a driver problem.
    The error that you get simply says that there is a violation found in the DirectX Graphics system.

Thema:

1. Blue Screen When Plugging in Second Display - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Plugging

2. My laptop blue screens when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop blue screens when plugged in: It’s a nitro an515-53. It happens randomly too, it would work just fine for like 5 minutes and then a blue screen appears.Here are the minidumps https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LkLWBgeKCDjhTUrQyiNE4mI6CMKwuvje/view?usp=sharing...
  3. My laptop blue screens when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop blue screens when plugged in: It’s a nitro an515-53. It happens randomly too, it would work just fine for like 5 minutes and then a blue screen appears.Here are the minidumps https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LkLWBgeKCDjhTUrQyiNE4mI6CMKwuvje/view?usp=sharing...
  4. My laptop blue screens when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop blue screens when plugged in: This keeps happening and I haven't found a proper solution for this. Please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-blue-screens-when-plugged-in/e0938852-ceb1-46c9-92a1-61ce07b7d4b0
  5. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  6. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  7. Blue screen when plugged in

Blue screen when plugged in: Hello my windows 10 laptop blue screens BSOD when I charge my computer, but when i turn it on the battery everything is ok. But when i plug in the charger and turn on, or plug in while using it blue screens and each time it shows different error message .I’ve tried many...
  8. ASUS FX505 distorted display when second monitor is plugged in

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ASUS FX505 distorted display when second monitor is plugged in: Hi, I have an ASUS FX505 laptop. When an external monitor is attached, everything's fine... until I use "Extended display" mode. Laptop display (the main one) gets distorted and shifted while secondary display looks ok. Please, I would appreciate it if you can help me....
  9. ASUS FX505 distorted display when second monitor is plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS FX505 distorted display when second monitor is plugged in: Hi, I have an ASUS FX505 laptop. When an external monitor is attached, everything's fine... until I use "Extended display" mode. Laptop display (the main one) gets distorted and shifted while secondary display looks ok. Please, I would appreciate it if you can help me....
  10. Blue Screen when plugging in headphones

Blue Screen when plugging in headphones: I'm having this issue with the blue screen and headphone jack. Every time I plug in my headphones my computer asks what I plug in and I select "HiFi headphones" and right as soon I hit okay, I get the blue screen. Every time. I get the code and it says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue screen when plugging in second display