Windows 10: Blue Screen when renaming file in an offline folder with redirection

Discus and support Blue Screen when renaming file in an offline folder with redirection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a persistent issue of BSOD on Windows 10 when renaming a file in an offline folder. This appears to only occur on folders where I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ReadSam, Nov 26, 2019.

1. ReadSam Win User

Blue Screen when renaming file in an offline folder with redirection

Hi, I have a persistent issue of BSOD on Windows 10 when renaming a file in an offline folder. This appears to only occur on folders where I have folder redirection set up.

Windows 1903 (OS Build 18362.175) and fully up to date.

The blue screen reports an issue with RDBSS.sys.

No hardware or driver changes.

Any suggestions please?

:)

ReadSam, Nov 26, 2019

2. Rename of files and folders in Offline Folders

Hi,

I have a client who uses offline files on a laptop and has Windows 10, version 1803.

He is not able to rename any of the files or folders under his redirected Users folder, which is set to use offline files. I have checked permissions and there are no issues there. He can copy files, move files in, save files to it, create new folders
    (except he cannot rename that new folder, it will stay as "New Folder"), and the only thing is he cannot rename them. I can rename the files with no issue when logged onto the server. Interestingly, I can create a new folder, copy a file into it and rename
    it in there.

There used to be an old problem with renaming files under Offline Folders, but that was only for case changes (upper to lower case or vice versa) but this new problem goes further, it does not allow renaming of the file or folder at all.

I suspect that this might be a new bug in version 1803, as the client says it has only started happening recently. Has anyone come across this and does anyone know of a fix for it?

Next step I am going to try is turning off Offline Files and see what happens.

Appreciate the responses.

Thanks.

DiamondGroup1, Nov 26, 2019
  3. BSOD on Windows 10 PC when renaming a file in a redirected folder

When you rename a file in a folder on a Redirected desktop, the Windows 10 PC performing this Blue Screens on RDBSS.SYS

Windows 1803 (17134.556) had the initial problem, PC fully updated on1803 still had issue.

Noticed that another PC with 1809 had RDBSS.SYS with File version of 10.0.17763.348 - so updated the problem PC to 1809 (17763.379), still BSOD. Can create on multiple PCs with 1803/1809 installed.

Any one any ideas, be nice if Microsoft fixed it!

RichardEmsell, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Blue Screen when renaming file in an offline folder with redirection

files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Blue Screen when renaming file in an offline folder with redirection

1. Blue Screen when renaming file in an offline folder with redirection - Similar Threads - Blue Screen renaming

2. Cursor flickering when renaming file/folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor flickering when renaming file/folder: This has been happening for at least a month and a half now, in which renaming files or folders while the cursor is on file explorer or the desktop causes it to flicker and sometimes straight-up vanish until I move the mouse. While it's not too annoying, I can only find one...
  3. Cursor flickering when renaming file/folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor flickering when renaming file/folder: This has been happening for at least a month and a half now, in which renaming files or folders while the cursor is on file explorer or the desktop causes it to flicker and sometimes straight-up vanish until I move the mouse. While it's not too annoying, I can only find one...
  4. Renaming folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming folders and files: File folders and documents won't rename without refreshing. New folder won't appear without refreshing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-folders-and-files/d173a7c3-230a-4a92-b71b-bb8308c3730d
  5. Folder redirection, offline files sync conflicts and remoteapps

Folder redirection, offline files sync conflicts and remoteapps: As more users have been using windows remote apps while out of the office we've discovered a rather unique combination of issues. While working over the VPN users of the remote app attempting to save to their desktop which is redirected have reported that they receive file...
  6. redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location: so i changed my 3D objects quick access shortcut location to a new folder name Program setups. the quick access shortcut does bring me to the program setups folder, but its still named 3D objects. i can't rename the shortcut either. does anyone have an idea how i can fix...
  7. Saving files to redirected folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving files to redirected folders: Good Morning; This relates to Windows 10. I've changed the location field in the properties dialog box from C:\Users\UserName\Documents (on ssd) to a new folder D:\Documents (on hdd). I feel a little silly to ask this but, which pathname do I use for saving documents? The one...
  8. BSOD on Windows 10 PC when renaming a file in a redirected folder

BSOD on Windows 10 PC when renaming a file in a redirected folder: When you rename a file in a folder on a Redirected desktop, the Windows 10 PC performing this Blue Screens on RDBSS.SYS Windows 1803 (17134.556) had the initial problem, PC fully updated on1803 still had issue. Noticed that another PC with 1809 had RDBSS.SYS with File...
  9. Rename of files and folders in Offline Folders

Rename of files and folders in Offline Folders: Hi, I have a client who uses offline files on a laptop and has Windows 10, version 1803. He is not able to rename any of the files or folders under his redirected Users folder, which is set to use offline files. I have checked permissions and there are no issues there....
  10. Rename file folder

Rename file folder: When I am trying to rename a number of files. I can do one and then for the next ones the program says the file is in use and cannot be changed. It is not in use anywhere. In order to rename, I have to close right out of File Explorer and then go back in and rename one file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue screen offline sync windows 10