Windows 10: Blue screen when starting - graphics card

Discus and support Blue screen when starting - graphics card in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I've been having some issues with my desktop computer freezing, crashing etc and today it wouldn't start at all. I used the troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Isis_pt, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Isis_pt Win User

Blue screen when starting - graphics card

Hi

I've been having some issues with my desktop computer freezing, crashing etc and today it wouldn't start at all.

I used the troubleshooting options to reset the computer, but it stopped halfway. It just kept restarting and stopping at error message.

So i used the USB to restart and reinstall Windows 10.

Now i still get a blue screen -.- Error: VIDEO TDR FAILURE / atikmpag.sys

I googled a little and apparently i should update/reinstall my graphics card drivers, but how can i do that if i can't even get into windows?!

:)

Isis_pt, Jan 19, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 19, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

lost my graphic card

Hi Barath,

For us to better assist you with your blue screen issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any messages on the blue screen?
    • "I cannot see my graphic card" - Is your graphics card not listed in Device Manager?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Blue screen when starting - graphics card - Similar Threads - Blue screen starting

2. Black screen when using an AMD graphics card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when using an AMD graphics card.: I recently got a new computer with a GTX 6800 XT. After a few days, my computer started black screening for no apparent reason. It occurs when doing general purpose browsing, or playing spotify, nothing particularly demanding. When I first it, I was able to complete stress...
  3. Graphics Card dies while under load but no blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card dies while under load but no blue screen: Hey Guys,Getting a weird problem that I'm having trouble understanding. Every once in a while my graphics card will suddenly just stop working without triggering a blue screen. I know everything else is fine because the PC doesn't restart and I can still hear people in...
  4. Graphics Card dies while under load but no blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Card dies while under load but no blue screen: Hey Guys,Getting a weird problem that I'm having trouble understanding. Every once in a while my graphics card will suddenly just stop working without triggering a blue screen. I know everything else is fine because the PC doesn't restart and I can still hear people in...
  5. Graphics Card dies while under load but no blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Graphics Card Errors, Blue Screens After Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Graphics Card Errors, Blue Screens After Sleep: After weeks of testing, swapping parts, and general frustration, I am turning to the community for help. My PC has an issue where roughly half the time that it wakes from sleep, the display will not come on. The keyboard, mouse, and power button do nothing, unless I hold down...
  7. Graphics card and screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card and screen: Hi, Its my first time using a pc and i was having some issues so i asked my friends for advice. They told me to disable the graphics card and my screen went black and cant get it back. Ive tried almost everything on the internet to get it up again but it just comes up with...
  8. Blue screening, thinking it may be my graphics card?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screening, thinking it may be my graphics card?: I pulled this up on reliability history. I've updated the driver maybe two times. It could be the driver, could not be but it's what I'm suspecting. Could anyone help with this? Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎3/‎28/‎2020 11:29 Status Not reported...
  9. Blue Screens, seems related to the graphics card.

Blue Screens, seems related to the graphics card.: My computer has had a history of crashes before but it has started back again. I seemed to fix the issue a couple months ago when clean installing the graphics driver but it seems to have returned. Can you please help me? I have the minidumps from this crash and the crashes...
  10. Blue Screen caused by graphics card/dual screen

Blue Screen caused by graphics card/dual screen: I keep getting blue screens when I am in dual screen. Crash happens when I try to use the computer after some time of inactivity with just a video playing. 86098