Windows 10: Blue screen when trying to enable Hyper-V on Windows 11

Discus and support Blue screen when trying to enable Hyper-V on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI am trying to add the Hyper-V Feature to my windows 11 computer so I can install a VM and when I do, the system bluescreens thank god for restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gahenry, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Gahenry Win User

Blue screen when trying to enable Hyper-V on Windows 11

HelloI am trying to add the Hyper-V Feature to my windows 11 computer so I can install a VM and when I do, the system bluescreens thank god for restore points :. I have tried it twice and the same thing happens...The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8003172277d, 0xffff91022ca074c8, 0xffff91022ca06ce0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 05e08605-45f7-4e36-a63d-64674d5cab8eAnyone have any

:)

Gahenry, Apr 3, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't Enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Professional

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. As per my research the error code 0x800f0831 is generated when .Net Framework 3.5 is not enabled on the computer. I suggest you to try enabling .Net Framework 3.5 on the computer. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now, select the check box for .Net Framework 3.5 and click on
      OK.
    5. Restart the computer.

You can also check if Virtualization feature is enabled in BIOS or not, if it is not enabled, I suggest you to enable it.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps performed by Jins Peter replied on August 13, 2019 in the thread

Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 10

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 3, 2022
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Apr 3, 2022
  4. Blue screen when trying to enable Hyper-V on Windows 11

Trying to Disable Hyper-V, Getting BSOD

I have been trying to disable Hyper-V so that I can use VirtualBox. Each time I attempt to remove Hyper-V through Windows Features, the OS shuts down, and then hits a BSODs during boot. I am then able to return to a restore point.

I have tried:

• Removing the Hyper-V features after a clean boot.
    • Manually disabling the Hyper-V service, manually removing Hyper-V network adapters, and then disabling Hyper-V in Windows Featuers.

I believe the issue might be similar to this (but not the exact same): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...een-when/edbc92fd-845e-4f55-948a-b06c7925c24d

Brandon0000, Apr 3, 2022
Thema:

Blue screen when trying to enable Hyper-V on Windows 11

1. Blue screen when trying to enable Hyper-V on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Blue screen trying

2. Constant Blue Screens after enabling WSL2/Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Blue Screens after enabling WSL2/Hyper-V: Hello,I have been trying to setup WSL2/Hyper-V on my windows 11 build 25236 for quite some time now. There is no crash with WSL1 but whenever I enable virtual machine platform I get constant Blue Screens with Stop Code: SYNTHETIC WATCHDOG TIMEOUTHere is my minidump in...
  3. Constant Blue Screens after enabling WSL2/Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant Blue Screens after enabling WSL2/Hyper-V: Hello,I have been trying to setup WSL2/Hyper-V on my windows 11 build 25236 for quite some time now. There is no crash with WSL1 but whenever I enable virtual machine platform I get constant Blue Screens with Stop Code: SYNTHETIC WATCHDOG TIMEOUTHere is my minidump in...
  4. Inaccessible Boot Device blue screen error when Hyper-V is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible Boot Device blue screen error when Hyper-V is enabled: Hi, I'm trying to setup a debian virtual machine on window server 2016. When I enabled the Hyper-V and restart, windows goes to the bluescreen having the error code: Inaccessible_Boot_Device. After that I logged in with safe mode and disabled Hyper-V on startup by using the...
  5. Inaccessible Boot Device blue screen error when Hyper-V is enabled

Inaccessible Boot Device blue screen error when Hyper-V is enabled: Hi, I'm trying to setup a debian virtual machine on window server 2016. When I enabled the Hyper-V and restart, windows goes to the bluescreen having the error code: Inaccessible_Boot_Device. After that I logged in with safe mode and disabled Hyper-V on startup by using the...
  6. Blue screen when trying to enable Hyper-V on Windows 11

Blue screen when trying to enable Hyper-V on Windows 11: HelloI am trying to add the Hyper-V Feature to my windows 11 computer so I can install a VM and when I do, the system bluescreens thank god for restore points :. I have tried it twice and the same thing happens...The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:...
  7. Is there a way to enable Hyper-V for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to enable Hyper-V for Windows 11?: I have enable Hyper-V for Windows 11 and I am trying to get them enabled and is there a way to get every version of Hyper-V to work with my new gaming PC that has Windows 11 pre-installed?...
  8. Is there a way to enable Hyper-V for Windows 11?

Is there a way to enable Hyper-V for Windows 11?: I have enable Hyper-V for Windows 11 and I am trying to get them enabled and is there a way to get every version of Hyper-V to work with my new gaming PC that has Windows 11 pre-installed?...
  9. Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled: Dear All, I have been facing issues with the laptop with constant crashes. Earlier I thought the issue was with a faulty driver for Intel Management Engine 15.0 Software for Windows 10 Version 1709 or Later - ThinkPad T490s, X390 and tried many ways to update it but it...
  10. Trying disable Hyper-V cause blue screen when windows restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying disable Hyper-V cause blue screen when windows restart: I'm trying to disable Hiper-v in order to uninstall VMware, which cannot be uninstalled if I have Hyper-V enabled. After I've unchecked Hiper-V (all) and Windows Hypervisor Platform from Windows features, restart is required, I click restart and windows crashes with the blue...