Windows 10: Blue screen when trying to install windows from USB

Discus and support Blue screen when trying to install windows from USB in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I replaced the HDD on my old Dell laptop with a new SSD. I used the windows 10 tool to make a 15GB USB I had into an installation media. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MohammadHammad2001, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Blue screen when trying to install windows from USB

Hello,

I replaced the HDD on my old Dell laptop with a new SSD. I used the windows 10 tool to make a 15GB USB I had into an installation media. I plugged in the USB and booted from it. I get the windows logo, dots start spinning, but right before I get start the installation process (before I select the language and all), I get a blue screen, saying my pc ran into a problem and it will restart.

It is failing to boot from the USB, or at least it starts to boot but then crashes.

Please help.

submitted by /u/MohammadHammad2001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MohammadHammad2001, Feb 19, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Blue screen when trying to install windows from USB

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Blue screen when trying to install windows from USB

1. Blue screen when trying to install windows from USB - Similar Threads - Blue screen trying

2. Computer Keeps Blue Screening when Installing Windows from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Keeps Blue Screening when Installing Windows from USB: I finished building my PC 4 hours ago and have been troubleshooting a blue screen issue ever since.When I try to install Windows from a USB, It keeps blue screening my PC at around 10% to 15% completion. The error message reads "CLOCK_WATHCHDOG_TIMEOUT".I have taken apart my...
  3. Computer Keeps Blue Screening when Installing Windows from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Keeps Blue Screening when Installing Windows from USB: I finished building my PC 4 hours ago and have been troubleshooting a blue screen issue ever since.When I try to install Windows from a USB, It keeps blue screening my PC at around 10% to 15% completion. The error message reads "CLOCK_WATHCHDOG_TIMEOUT".I have taken apart my...
  4. Computer Keeps Blue Screening when Installing Windows from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a...: When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a blinking cursor and then the installation fails. I have a new SSD drive and 8GB of RAM. The installation doesn’t even proceed to the point where it informs me the system is not...
  6. When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a...

When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a...: When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a blinking cursor and then the installation fails. I have a new SSD drive and 8GB of RAM. The installation doesn’t even proceed to the point where it informs me the system is not...
  7. When I try to install Windows 10 or Windows 11 from a USB stick, I get a blue screen and a...

8. Blank blue screen on attempting to install windows from usb

Blank blue screen on attempting to install windows from usb: I am trying to reinstall windows 11 but the problem is that if i have the hdd connected, the setup menu loads into this blue screen And when I disconnect the hdd then it loads perfectly fine with all the options and textEarlier on my windows 11 the whole taskbar just...
  9. Blue screen when booting windows from USB

Blue screen when booting windows from USB: A month ago an efi file on my computer became corrupted . I decided to take the easy way out and install ubuntu instead of fixing the problem but recently I have come to regret my decision . I wiped everything off my computer ,including the OS .I have tried many ways to...
  10. Blue screen when installing Windows 10 from usb

Blue screen when installing Windows 10 from usb: Hey My computer recently crashed, and it won’t load up windows anymore. It’s stuck on the motherboard logo, and keeps running the «circle» animation. therefore I downloaded windows 10 on a usb using microsoft media creation tool, following the tutorial provided on this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows xp with usb still blue screen