Windows 10: blue screen whenever I lock screen

Discus and support blue screen whenever I lock screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've always used the windows key + L shortcut to lock my screen, but since today whenever I use that shortcut I get a blue screen and my pc restarts. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yobeix, Aug 15, 2021.

1. yobeix Win User

blue screen whenever I lock screen

I've always used the windows key + L shortcut to lock my screen, but since today whenever I use that shortcut I get a blue screen and my pc restarts. I did download some sketchy software before these events happend but when I checked in task manager, there wasn't anything suspicious running.

:)

yobeix, Aug 15, 2021
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Aug 15, 2021
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 15, 2021
  4. blue screen whenever I lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

blue screen whenever I lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

blue screen whenever I lock screen

1. blue screen whenever I lock screen - Similar Threads - blue screen whenever

2. Blue screen whenever I play minecraft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen whenever I play minecraft.: After a few minutes of playing Minecraft the whole screen freezes causing my computer to freeze disallowing me to switch to google or chrome then after a few seconds it blue screens giving me a windows Stop code error. However when I plug in an external monitor this issue is...
  3. Blue screen whenever I play minecraft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen whenever I play minecraft.: After a few minutes of playing Minecraft the whole screen freezes causing my computer to freeze disallowing me to switch to google or chrome then after a few seconds it blue screens giving me a windows Stop code error. However when I plug in an external monitor this issue is...
  4. Computer blue screens whenever i open a game.

Computer blue screens whenever i open a game.: The other night i was trying to play team fortress 2 with some friends when my computer blue screened for no apparent reason. Without fail, each time my computer would restart, id log back in, and at some point as im playing id get another blue screen. I tried updating my...
  5. Computer blue screens whenever i open a game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer blue screens whenever i open a game.: The other night i was trying to play team fortress 2 with some friends when my computer blue screened for no apparent reason. Without fail, each time my computer would restart, id log back in, and at some point as im playing id get another blue screen. I tried updating my...
  6. Blue Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Lock Screen: Today, I have been getting a blue screen instead of the Windows Spotlight image. I have restarted my PC several times and the problem persists. Nothing else is wrong and the computer is functioning just fine. I just want to know if this is just a minor glitch or is it...
  7. Blue Lock Screen

Blue Lock Screen: Today, I have been getting a blue screen instead of the Windows Spotlight image. I have restarted my PC several times and the problem persists. Nothing else is wrong and the computer is functioning just fine. I just want to know if this is just a minor glitch or is it...
  8. Blue Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Blue Screen whenever the GPU is used

Blue Screen whenever the GPU is used: I'm running a Surface Book 3 with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design. The driver version is 27.21.15.5257.When I run a game any game that uses the GPU on my computer, I get a bluescreen. It used to be once a day, but now it's occurring multiple times a day. I...
  10. blue screen of death whenever I play minecraft

blue screen of death whenever I play minecraft: I have been getting blue screens of death whenever I play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition and I do not know how to resolve this issue. I have tried asking questions before and have tried the solutions and I have still been getting blue screens. I do not know what I am doing...