Windows 10: Blue Screen whenever the GPU is used

Discus and support Blue Screen whenever the GPU is used in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running a Surface Book 3 with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design. The driver version is 27.21.15.5257.When I run a game any game that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NicholasGoble, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Blue Screen whenever the GPU is used

I'm running a Surface Book 3 with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design. The driver version is 27.21.15.5257.When I run a game any game that uses the GPU on my computer, I get a bluescreen. It used to be once a day, but now it's occurring multiple times a day. I can't roll back my driver since it's greyed out, and when I select "update driver" I'm told that I have the best drivers installed. I opened the .dmp file created from a typical crash in WinDbg, and here is the output. I'm pretty stumped at this point.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21349.1004 AMD64Copyrig

:)

NicholasGoble, Apr 29, 2021
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Blue Screen Appearances when using browser

Hello Judy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you for the issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Does this issue occurs only while accessing a specific browser or with all browsers?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you get Blue screen error?
    • Which are the troubleshooting steps you have already tried to resolve this issue earlier?

I suggest you to follow the steps from the below link and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Kindly reply to us with the answers to the questions asked and the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Blue Screen whenever the GPU is used

Blue Screen problem

Hi,

The issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error messages?
    • Can you please provide us the screenshot of the blue screen error?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Blue Screen whenever the GPU is used

1. Blue Screen whenever the GPU is used - Similar Threads - Blue Screen whenever

2. Blue screen whenever I play minecraft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen whenever I play minecraft.: After a few minutes of playing Minecraft the whole screen freezes causing my computer to freeze disallowing me to switch to google or chrome then after a few seconds it blue screens giving me a windows Stop code error. However when I plug in an external monitor this issue is...
  3. Blue screen whenever I play minecraft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen whenever I play minecraft.: After a few minutes of playing Minecraft the whole screen freezes causing my computer to freeze disallowing me to switch to google or chrome then after a few seconds it blue screens giving me a windows Stop code error. However when I plug in an external monitor this issue is...
  4. Blue Screens after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens after upgrading GPU: I had a GTX 1060 and I have updated to an RTX 3070, in some games I get blue screens, it makes me a little angry because I used the Driver Verifier before taking the original minidump from when it originally happened to me, since they are no longer saved out of 5 because I no...
  5. Blue Screens after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screens after upgrading GPU: I had a GTX 1060 and I have updated to an RTX 3070, in some games I get blue screens, it makes me a little angry because I used the Driver Verifier before taking the original minidump from when it originally happened to me, since they are no longer saved out of 5 because I no...
  6. Blue Screens after upgrading GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Facing Blue Screen With Error Code: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error When using Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Facing Blue Screen With Error Code: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error When using Dedicated GPU: Hi,I've Dell Precision M6600 i7 2720QM with a genuine Windows 10 installed. I'm forced to use it on Integrated graphics. Whenever I try to use Nvidia Graphic Card, I'm getting a blue screen with the error code "video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error"...My windows version is 20H2.I...
  8. blue screen whenever I lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue screen whenever I lock screen: I've always used the windows key + L shortcut to lock my screen, but since today whenever I use that shortcut I get a blue screen and my pc restarts. I did download some sketchy software before these events happend but when I checked in task manager, there wasn't anything...
  9. Screen dims whenever not charged (not using intel)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen dims whenever not charged (not using intel): Whenever my computer is unplugged, the screen dims. I may be wrong but I don't think that this happened around a month ago. Also, I am using Ryzen 7 and Radeon graphics, and not intel. submitted by /u/The_Fantaz [link] [comments]...
  10. Blue screen when I use pytorch with GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen when I use pytorch with GPU: OS version: Windows10 2004 Nvidia driver version: 451.67 As I run some pytorch scriptsusing python3.7, pytorch1.51 and cuda10.2 in powershell, the program goes stuck and cannot be closed. After 1-2 minutes, the screen will turn blue, show stopcode:...