Windows 10: Blue screen while booting from usb with win10

Discus and support Blue screen while booting from usb with win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC. It was installed before, but I decided to dual boot with Ubuntu and broke Windows on the process.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Juan ManuelLosada, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Blue screen while booting from usb with win10

Hello,

I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC. It was installed before, but I decided to dual boot with Ubuntu and broke Windows on the process. I can use Ubuntu fine. I have a usb with win10 iso, I tried it on a different PC and the installer starts well, but on my PC it just leads me to a blank blue screen with no text or anything else.

I tried using legacy and UEFI booting, both with the same result. I have a Gigabyte motherboard, if that's relevant.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance!

JM.

:)

Juan ManuelLosada, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Jan 3, 2020
  3. USB ports fail, then blue screen of death on three Windows 10 computers -- Can this be fixed or is this caused by a virus?

Hi Grace,

It's possible that certain drivers, such as USB and other device drivers are causing blue screen errors on your PC. Another factor is due to a conflicting third-party software. Now, before we get into the solution, were you able to boot your computer normally
    or can it boot to the desktop screen? If yes, then we suggest that you run the
    Hardware diagnostic tool
    on your PC. Just type troubleshooter on the
    Search box, press Enter, then look for
    Hardware and Devices
    , and click Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter didn't resolve the port issue, then might as well you update the USB driver, and the BIOS firmware of your computer.

In addition to that, if you're still getting a blue/black screen error after performing the recommended steps, then we suggest that refer to the troubleshooting steps from these articles:

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Blue screen while booting from usb with win10

Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Blue screen while booting from usb with win10

1. Blue screen while booting from usb with win10 - Similar Threads - Blue screen while

2. Blue Screen while booting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen while booting computer: Here is the dumpfile:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amm_l-iX6D84g0RJgbf4JA47WRAm?e=3RdHe2Just over two and a half weeks ago I already received a blue screen and I'm not sure if this issue is connected to my last blue screen. The last time I blue screened the person that helped me...
  3. Blue Screen while booting computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen while booting computer: Here is the dumpfile:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amm_l-iX6D84g0RJgbf4JA47WRAm?e=3RdHe2Just over two and a half weeks ago I already received a blue screen and I'm not sure if this issue is connected to my last blue screen. The last time I blue screened the person that helped me...
  4. Blue Screen while booting computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue screen when booting windows from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen when booting windows from USB: A month ago an efi file on my computer became corrupted . I decided to take the easy way out and install ubuntu instead of fixing the problem but recently I have come to regret my decision . I wiped everything off my computer ,including the OS .I have tried many ways to...
  6. Stuck on a blank blue screen while installing from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on a blank blue screen while installing from USB: I'm installing Windows 10 on a new SSD from an USB. After deleting old partitions on my HDD (now in a caddy) the installation process has started and then I went afk. The pc is now, 3 hours later, on a blank blue screen. What do i do? Can i restart it from the power button?...
  7. Weird blue/black lined screen while booting from usb

Weird blue/black lined screen while booting from usb: So I just built a new pc, booted it up, got through to bios, and everything worked through there, everything was there and running at the right frequency/size. However, when I tried to boot win10 from a usb, I got this weird screen which lingers for 2 minutes and then...
  8. Blue Screen Loop - Cannot boot from USB

Blue Screen Loop - Cannot boot from USB: My PC, which is a custom built PC I've used for almost 2 years, has been stuck in a bluescreen loop. The only option I get at startup us going into bios or choosing boot drive. Windows bootable usb gives me a blue screen as well. Basically, I cannot do anything at startup...
  9. Load Win10 on a USB and boot from it?

Load Win10 on a USB and boot from it?: Folks, I'm trying to do some troubleshooting with my current install of Win10. I've been told that booting from a USB would narrow down my issue. I see tutorials about how to download the Win10 iso onto a USB to install it from that usb. That is NOT what I want to do. I...
  10. Blue screen loop while booting

Blue screen loop while booting: Hey guys, I'm getting the blue screen of death loop, I've tried resetting windows but that didn't work, automatic repair can't seem to help, nor does System Restore, Startup repair or booting it into safe mode work. I've tried the cmd too a bit, but that didn't help either....