Windows 10: Blue Screen - Windows 10 - Surface Pro 7 - When using the surface keyboard

Discus and support Blue Screen - Windows 10 - Surface Pro 7 - When using the surface keyboard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, just got my new surface 7. Upgraded from surface 4. The old surface 4 gave me blue screen every time I tried to use the track pad or any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndrewCoe1, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Blue Screen - Windows 10 - Surface Pro 7 - When using the surface keyboard

Hi guys, just got my new surface 7. Upgraded from surface 4.

The old surface 4 gave me blue screen every time I tried to use the track pad or any keys on the surface keyboard. This happened after a microsoft update a couple of years ago. I followed every discussion board comment I could find, uninstalled and rolled back all updates. Problem persisted.

Go the new surface pro 7, the old keyboard worked with it fine straight away. As soon as it did its microsoft updates, same bloody problem with the keyboard causing blue screen!!!! VERY VERY DISSAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have tried to roll back the updates. Keyboard still cause blue screen. I have run the surface diagnostic tool. No errors. Come on guys, it is less than one month old. I want to use the bloody keyboard! Why does this dumb stuff always happen with Microsoft updates?!!! Can't tell you how frustrating this is! To spend $3000 AUD on a new computer and the keyboard causes a catastrophic fault.

I get: Stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Please please please. I need a solution. And no, uninstalling and factory resetting is not a feasible solution.

Thanks, Andrew

:)

AndrewCoe1, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Roger Win User

Blue Screen - Windows 10 - Surface Pro 7 - When using the surface keyboard

MS Surface Keyboard Cover not recognized by MS Surface Pro 3

My Surface Pro 3 cover mysteriously stopped working (other USB keyboards work).

I’ve exhausted all of the steps from the Internet and am hoping for some advice here on what to try next.

A breakdown of the steps I've done to sometimes get it working

Can anyone recommend any other troubleshooting steps? One of these steps seemed to work ok for others having this same problem.

Roger, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Blue Screen - Windows 10 - Surface Pro 7 - When using the surface keyboard

1. Blue Screen - Windows 10 - Surface Pro 7 - When using the surface keyboard - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Surface

2. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  3. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  4. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  6. Surface pro 7

Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  7. Blue screen on my Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen on my Surface Pro 7: Hi, I just had a blue screen on my Microsoft surface pro 7. I've experienced blue screen twice after upgrading to windows 11. And my laptop gets laggy sometimes.I was wondering if there's any way to check what's wrong with my laptop?Please help me with this issue.Thank you....
  8. Blue screen on my Surface Pro 7

Blue screen on my Surface Pro 7: Hi, I just had a blue screen on my Microsoft surface pro 7. I've experienced blue screen twice after upgrading to windows 11. And my laptop gets laggy sometimes.I was wondering if there's any way to check what's wrong with my laptop?Please help me with this issue.Thank you....
  9. Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7: I have a problem with my surface it connot connect to the speaker and Mikrofon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/7a504d5c-8dfb-4cae-8b0a-987e5dabb8fc
  10. Surface Pro 7 freezes when using Netflix

Surface Pro 7 freezes when using Netflix: As soon as I select something to watch in Netflix, my Surface Pro 7 freezes. I have run the troubleshooter, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing works. This seems to be an ongoing problem when using video. When using Teams with my students, I had the same problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kernel security check failure surface pro 7