Windows 10: Blue screen with boot device error

Discus and support Blue screen with boot device error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have a Lenovo 110 ideapad with windows 10. I have a blue screen with an error that states my boot drive is missing or failed. I cannot get into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatHardie, Jan 23, 2020.

1. PatHardie Win User

Blue screen with boot device error

Hi. I have a Lenovo 110 ideapad with windows 10. I have a blue screen with an error that states my boot drive is missing or failed. I cannot get into bios because it asks for a password and I forgot it. I have reset the one key recovery but when i turn it on, the Lenovo logo comes on but then it has a checking media fail. I am at a loss. What can I do?

:)

PatHardie, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Blue screen error - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Hi,

Blue screen errors usually occur due to system file corruption and outdated drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before you encountered these errors?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps available in this link. It serves as a guide on how
    to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Blue screen error

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting a Blue Screen error on your computer. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the complete Blue Screen error message you receive?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to boot the computer to desktop?

I would suggest you to unplug all the external devices from the computer except mouse and keyboard and try to boot the computer.

If you are unable to boot the computer to the Desktop, I would suggest you toBoot your PC in Safe Mode: Try booting the PC to safe mode and check if it is still crashing. Refer the article
    Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

In case, the PC is working fine in Safe Mode then you may try performing Clean Boot and see if the PC boots normally. Refer the article
    How
    to perform a clean boot in Windows

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer.
    However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

Note: Please refer the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

If the PC crashes after performing clean boot, I suggest you to perform hardware clean boot while in Safe Mode and check if that helps.

Hardware clean boot:

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and disable the devices is Device Manager:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Now, expand Display adapters,
      Printers
      , Sound, video and game controllers one by one.
    4. Right click on the devices inside the section and click on
      Disable device.
    5. If asked for restart click on restart later and disable all the devices.
    6. Close the device manager window and restart the computer.

You may also refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

However, as Thagstrom has suggested, please share the dump files with us to get to the root cause of the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Blue screen with boot device error - Similar Threads - Blue screen boot

2. Blue screen death incessable boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen death incessable boot device: Hello I need help my pc isnt working, showing only incessable boot device. My computer is new everything is new it first worked little bit but sooo slow then next day this showed. I cant reset computer nothing will work only command task. So far tried anything and basic...
  3. Blue screen death incessable boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen death incessable boot device: Hello I need help my pc isnt working, showing only incessable boot device. My computer is new everything is new it first worked little bit but sooo slow then next day this showed. I cant reset computer nothing will work only command task. So far tried anything and basic...
  4. Blue screen inaccesible boot device

Blue screen inaccesible boot device: Hello I need quick help pls I couldn’t sleep tonight because of the problem I have on my pc I watched tons of videos and none of them worked my pc can’t go in safe mod for some reason and my pc can’t find a boot file I use a hp pc I need help ty in advance...
  5. Blue screen inaccesible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen inaccesible boot device: Hello I need quick help pls I couldn’t sleep tonight because of the problem I have on my pc I watched tons of videos and none of them worked my pc can’t go in safe mod for some reason and my pc can’t find a boot file I use a hp pc I need help ty in advance...
  6. Blue screen inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen inaccessible boot device: My windows 11 has been showing blue screen error with inaccessible boot device , it works fine for some times than it suddenly showls blue screen and restarts automatically I tried resetting it still nothing was helpful I also updated it to the latest version then also...
  7. Blue screen inaccessible boot device

Blue screen inaccessible boot device: My windows 11 has been showing blue screen error with inaccessible boot device , it works fine for some times than it suddenly showls blue screen and restarts automatically I tried resetting it still nothing was helpful I also updated it to the latest version then also...
  8. blue screen: inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue screen: inaccessible boot device: Ripristinando uno stato precedente Windows si avvia ma alla successiva riaccensione il problema si ripresenta identico. Leggo in internet che il problema è causato da un aggiornamento Microsoft; se è così vorrei sapere quando sarà rilasciato l'aggiornamento emendato. Grazie...
  9. Blue Screen Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blue Screen Inaccessible boot device: Hi,I would really appreciate some help. I have a new laptop (2 weeks) and it has crashed. I have followed instructions for troubleshooting but have had no success so far. I have no access to anything on the desktop. No luck with safe mode. I have a college assignment deadline...
  10. Blue screen error/boot looping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen error/boot looping: Need help restoring my laptop, cant select a restore image now, tried to restore to an erlier date but it failed then locked me out of the image selection. Cant reset windows either, wont enter safe modes, also in command prompt, says my C: drive is reserved for some...