Windows 10: Blue screen with error code bad system config

Discus and support Blue screen with error code bad system config in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started my computer and the blue screen happened with the error code being bad system config. I did try the windows support option to get to recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamaalCarrera, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Blue screen with error code bad system config

I started my computer and the blue screen happened with the error code being bad system config. I did try the windows support option to get to recovery mode. However even after I get to recovery mode and select restart in safe mode with networking my computer still brings up the error. Any tips ?

:)

JamaalCarrera, Mar 2, 2020

2. blue screen error - Bad system config

How do I fix the blue screen error - bad system config

KirstenDrennon, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Bad system config info

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error Bad System Config means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. It would be great, if you can help us with the details requested below:

• When do you get the error message?
    • Does the computer boot to the Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 2, 2020
  4. sass407 Win User

Blue screen with error code bad system config

Windows update to blue screen - Stop code: bad system Config info

Dell desktop and the problem is when i turn on the pc. As soon as the Dell logo comes up, the system begins a system check. I then receive the blue screen “system error”. Stop Code: bad system config info.

I dont know much more about the PC, we dont use it often, but according to the info provided during the attempted System Restore that the error occurred after a Windows System Update.

sass407, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Blue screen with error code bad system config

1. Blue screen with error code bad system config - Similar Threads - Blue screen error

2. How to fix bad system config blue screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix bad system config blue screen?: Please tell me how to fix this i just run chkdsk then in process my laptop is off i restart the laptop the pop this blue screen how to fix this???I cant go to safe mod or run the laptop...
  3. Blue screen error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: I am having a problem with my pc. On startup I get the blue screen that says BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I know before this happened the pc was regularly complaining that the c drive was running low on storage. The pc also has a d drive with plenty of storage. I have tried to do...
  4. Blue screen error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

Blue screen error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: I am having a problem with my pc. On startup I get the blue screen that says BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I know before this happened the pc was regularly complaining that the c drive was running low on storage. The pc also has a d drive with plenty of storage. I have tried to do...
  5. "Blue screen of death" with error code bad system config info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Blue screen of death" with error code bad system config info: Good day, i have an issue with Windows server 2016, the error i am getting "Blue screen of death" with error code bad system config info. how can i resolve this. i have tried restoring but cant find restore data. and i cant format as the files are critical....
  6. "Blue screen of death" with error code bad system config info

"Blue screen of death" with error code bad system config info: Good day, i have an issue with Windows server 2016, the error i am getting "Blue screen of death" with error code bad system config info. how can i resolve this. i have tried restoring but cant find restore data. and i cant format as the files are critical....
  7. Blue screen of death with error code "BAD CONFIG INFO"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen of death with error code "BAD CONFIG INFO": I have using windows 10 in a dual boot set up with Ubuntu on my laptop, it was working just fine but suddenly it gave a BSoD with an error code "BAD CONFIG INFO". I don't know how to fix this, it would be a amazing if anyone could help me with this problem, because I...
  8. Blue screen BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

Blue screen BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: bagaimana cara atasi bluescreen ,cara yang diberikan di info sebelumnya telah dilakukan tetap tidak bisa, terimakasih https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-bad-system-config-info/de2e8a66-e53b-478d-9dd0-f11d17ef6716
  9. Bad system config info Blue Screen of Death

Bad system config info Blue Screen of Death: I keep getting a “bad system config info” error on my screen. It’s a blue screen error. I tried doing a bcdedit delete value and the path is an error. How do I fix this? Please help me asap...
  10. No Audio after bad system config error (Blue Screen)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio after bad system config error (Blue Screen): Hi! Good day to all, as any other guy would do I already search and tried all the possible fix on the internet. Like Install/Uninstall in Device manager/changing the driver sound to system built in default and realtek, dolby and intel audio driver, Tweaking the reddit,...