Windows 10: blue screen with the code "reference by pointer"

Discus and support blue screen with the code "reference by pointer" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I got this blue screen every 20 minutes after I open my laptop. This happened after I updated my Nvidia driver yesterday so not quite sure if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windows Category - All, Aug 5, 2021.

1. blue screen with the code "reference by pointer"

Hello,I got this blue screen every 20 minutes after I open my laptop. This happened after I updated my Nvidia driver yesterday so not quite sure if it's the issue. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!here's my minidump's filehttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/7d4ykucxa8eiqca/AABzIJtEEopuqH4w8-tz0Hgwa?dl=0

:)

Windows Category - All, Aug 5, 2021

2. Stop Code Reference By Pointer

Stop Code Reference By Pointer
    I have just had a Bluescreen of Death shutdown with stop code Reference By Pointer.

What is it and how can I fix it?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

my Minidump file link

Desktop.rar

coolcom_321, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 5, 2021
  4. NemoChen1 Win User

blue screen with the code "reference by pointer"

Reference By Pointer Error

Hi, my name is Nemo.

I got a new surface pro 7 on Nov.28th, and I got the blue screen error every time I turn on my device since I bought it.

The blue screen will not appear if I try to reboot the surface pro 7. For every time after I power off my device for a few hours, this error will occur when the device is power on.

Also, the stop codes of the blue screen were all the same one: reference by pointer

Here is the dumps file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhgdX23Nu4CpjFy2yHXwWv5zO3f2?e=5Y6m5G

Is there anyone can help me with that?

Thanks!

NemoChen1, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

blue screen with the code "reference by pointer"

1. blue screen with the code "reference by pointer" - Similar Threads - blue screen code

2. Blue Screen Reference by Pointer Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Reference by Pointer Error: Hi all!Recently my laptop has been blue screening several times a day and it's totally unpredictable. I've tried all the home solutions I could find, and nothing really worked but I've read similar posts and have gone through the steps of finding my mini dump files and system...
  3. Blue Screen Reference by Pointer Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Reference by Pointer Error: Hi all!Recently my laptop has been blue screening several times a day and it's totally unpredictable. I've tried all the home solutions I could find, and nothing really worked but I've read similar posts and have gone through the steps of finding my mini dump files and system...
  4. Blue Screen of Death Reference by Pointer Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death Reference by Pointer Error: Hi all!Recently my laptop has been blue screening several times a day and it's totally unpredictable. I've tried all the home solutions I could find, and nothing really worked but I've read similar posts and have gone through the steps of finding my mini dump files and system...
  5. Stop Code Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Code Reference by Pointer: My computer has just crashed several times to the blue screen with stop code reference by pointer. I've managed to locate my dump files - do I need to upload them here to see why it keeps crashing?...
  6. Reference by Pointer Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reference by Pointer Blue Screen of Death: I keep getting a BSOD, with the stop code Reference by Pointer, I have made sure that all my drivers are up to date, and have followed all the other ideas that have come up online, can someone help me out?...
  7. blue screen stop code reference by pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blue screen stop code reference by pointer: I keep seeing blue screen in every 15 to 30 mins. It's brand new laptop and I havent even installed many applications. Tried to reach out Dell customer care and they suggested it must be something to do with windows as there hardware diagnosis looks perfect. Removed the...
  8. Blue Screen of Death Reference By Pointer

Blue Screen of Death Reference By Pointer: Hello,Please help! My laptop crashes and I get this screen approx every 33 minutes. This has been happening since July now and I have made sure my applications are up-to-date, that the system is also updated.What's happening? What can I do to rectify this?Thanks!...
  9. Blue screen of death. Stopcode: reference by pointer

Blue screen of death. Stopcode: reference by pointer: My Dell Laptop keeps getting blue screen error. I don't know what cause this problem. This is link driver dmp file of error : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B5V1rcinT1797OaEUU7OPBBnoRStJ1f2/view?usp=sharing I really need some helping.Thank everybody....
  10. REFERENCE BY POINTER BLUE SCREEN ERROR!!

REFERENCE BY POINTER BLUE SCREEN ERROR!!: Hi everbody,As it can be familiar to some of you, I have a really challenging problem with REFERENCE BY POINTER on my PC. No matter what I did, I couldn't solve the problem.I have followed almost every instructions from different sources on my own but still struggling with...