Windows 10: Blue screens after SSD upgrade and disk clone, apparently driver-related

Discus and support Blue screens after SSD upgrade and disk clone, apparently driver-related in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5570 which I recently upgraded to a Western Digital Blue SN550 WDS500G2B0C 500 Gb M.2 NVMe SSD. I then used Macrium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hziebicki, Feb 28, 2022.

1. hziebicki Win User

Blue screens after SSD upgrade and disk clone, apparently driver-related

Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5570 which I recently upgraded to a Western Digital Blue SN550 WDS500G2B0C 500 Gb M.2 NVMe SSD. I then used Macrium Reflect 8 to clone my hard disk to the new SSD, and repartitioned the original hard disk to use as extra storage for rarely-used files. My SATA operation mode is set to RAID, if it matters, but I have no actual raid volumes set up. Changing to another mode only seemed to mess up the bootloader/BCD.This worked well for the first few weeks, but afterwards I started getting REFERENCE_BY_POINTER and

:)

hziebicki, Feb 28, 2022
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Feb 28, 2022
  3. Repeated blue screens, apparent driver error

Hi Sam,

There are several factors that may trigger blue screen problems on your computer. Pending updates, outdated drivers, and software conflicts are some of these factors. To help narrow down this problem, we suggest that you go through this guided walk-through
    troubleshooting steps:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Please let us know the results so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 28, 2022
  4. Blue screens after SSD upgrade and disk clone, apparently driver-related

Andre Da Costa, Feb 28, 2022
Thema:

Blue screens after SSD upgrade and disk clone, apparently driver-related

1. Blue screens after SSD upgrade and disk clone, apparently driver-related - Similar Threads - Blue screens SSD

2. Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd: I have cloned my Windows 10 from hhd drive to an ssd one and now I have two partitions:C: 446.11gb NTFS Healthy system, boot, page file, active, crsah dump, primary partitionNew Volume D: 1.02 GB NTFS Healty Primary partition.I don't know if it's good or not. Also I can't...
  3. Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd: I have cloned my Windows 10 from hhd drive to an ssd one and now I have two partitions:C: 446.11gb NTFS Healthy system, boot, page file, active, crsah dump, primary partitionNew Volume D: 1.02 GB NTFS Healty Primary partition.I don't know if it's good or not. Also I can't...
  4. Blue screens after SSD upgrade and disk clone, apparently driver-related

Blue screens after SSD upgrade and disk clone, apparently driver-related: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5570 which I recently upgraded to a Western Digital Blue SN550 WDS500G2B0C 500 Gb M.2 NVMe SSD. I then used Macrium Reflect 8 to clone my hard disk to the new SSD, and repartitioned the original hard disk to use as extra storage for...
  5. Blue screens after SSD upgrade and disk clone, apparently driver-related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screens after SSD upgrade and disk clone, apparently driver-related: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5570 which I recently upgraded to a Western Digital Blue SN550 WDS500G2B0C 500 Gb M.2 NVMe SSD. I then used Macrium Reflect 8 to clone my hard disk to the new SSD, and repartitioned the original hard disk to use as extra storage for...
  6. Blue Screen apparently by Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen apparently by Edge: Hello. I had a blue screen, one three days ago, one today. I have a full stack trace and from my brief understanding, the blue screen was caused by Edge when attempt to acquire SharedLock or something like that. The analyze commands are here:Crash dump 2021-11-26 -...
  7. Blue Screen apparently by Edge

Blue Screen apparently by Edge: Hello. I had a blue screen, one three days ago, one today. I have a full stack trace and from my brief understanding, the blue screen was caused by Edge when attempt to acquire SharedLock or something like that. The analyze commands are here:Crash dump 2021-11-26 -...
  8. Trouble with disk clone/HDD to SSD upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with disk clone/HDD to SSD upgrade: So, I've got an HP laptop that is only less than two years old and it was never fast. Before replacing the thing outright I thought I would try to swap out the spinning rust for an SSD and see if that helped. Here are some basic specs and details of what I've done. It's a...
  9. Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD: Hello community members, I have a toshiba satelite L850 1DV and I though to upgrade it with an SSD and additional RAM. The RAM so far was OK working perfectly with the old toshiba HDD, to be expected as it was suggested by the retailer from whom I bought the laptop. But...
  10. CPU and Audio related driver issues on cloned Windows 10 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU and Audio related driver issues on cloned Windows 10 SSD: Gooday ladies and gents, so the story is that we had quite a lot cloned clean Win10 SSDs from an external partner who basically ****ed it up. The thing is all the cloned ones have driver issues, in device manager it marks the CPU (something I haven't seen before) and the...