Windows 10: Blue screens and crashes - Driver Verifier results

Discus and support Blue screens and crashes - Driver Verifier results in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer crashes out of games and occasionally has been blue screening with various driver related errors. I followed the instructions here. Here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SeanLesch, Dec 6, 2019.

1. SeanLesch Win User

Blue screens and crashes - Driver Verifier results

My computer crashes out of games and occasionally has been blue screening with various driver related errors. I followed the instructions here.

Here is a OneDrive link to a zip file with two dumps and my system information.

The system is not overclocked.

I only saw one driver listed for the verifier violation, and it looked like it was i8042prt.sys

Other blue screens have mentioned page file errors, and specifically IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is one that I recall.

Any help in identifying the issue is appreciated!

:)

SeanLesch, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Law-II Win User

Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Driver Verifier debugging help needed for blue screen

Zig,

Thanks to your excellent link/post I was able to go though those the many steps on the troubleshooting.

I have worries with the blue screens and wondered how to break the cycle when F8 didn't. Fortunately it opened to a screen where there were choices.

What are the steps to remove the driver?

What source to use for another driver? How would one know whether they are downloading the same driver or a different driver after the bad one was uninstalled?

In the link below is a snipping tool picture of administrative command prompt for the verifier /querysettings displaying all of the drivers.

Dropbox - microsoftanswers part 33 - Simplify your life

In case there are problems getting another driver would msconfig then unchecking the application work? This is HP protect smart per the google search. I have not yet looked to see what is listed for selective start up under msconfig to see whether the
    HP protect smart is listed.

Also I was wondering whether the driver verifier checks all drivers simultaneously like a parallel circuit or whether it checks the drivers in series and the first one that produces a blue screen is the only one found. How would you check to see whether
    there is more than one malfunctioning driver?

Thanks again for your excellent Wiki link.

questions_, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Blue screens and crashes - Driver Verifier results - Similar Threads - Blue screens crashes

2. Driver Verifier results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier results: I have had a lot of BSODs while gaming and only gaming. Here the minidump from driver verifier, please let me know the solutions:******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. Driver Verifier results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Verifier results: I have had a lot of BSODs while gaming and only gaming. Here the minidump from driver verifier, please let me know the solutions:******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. Driver Verifier BsoD results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier BsoD results: I recently have experienced a lot of BsoDs, I had my PC repaired and they replaced the CPU but the problem persisted. They had another look but couldn't find any issues that would cause this and didn't experience any BsoDs when they were looking. Whenever I would get BsoDs it...
  5. Driver Verifier BsoD results

Driver Verifier BsoD results: I recently have experienced a lot of BsoDs, I had my PC repaired and they replaced the CPU but the problem persisted. They had another look but couldn't find any issues that would cause this and didn't experience any BsoDs when they were looking. Whenever I would get BsoDs it...
  6. Driver Verifier BsoD results

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Driver Verifier Results

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier Results: I have recently had numerous BSOD while gaming, So i decided to run the Driver Verifier, but i cannot understand the results. Here is the minidump:******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  8. Driver Verifier Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier Results: I have recently had numerous BSOD while gaming, So i decided to run the Driver Verifier, but i cannot understand the results. Here is the minidump:******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  9. Driver Verifier Results

10. driver verifier results bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    driver verifier results bsod: i keep gettings bsod with the error code whe_uncorrectable error i am preety sure its a driver issue because i ran alot of tests and everything seems fine i will link a one drive link with my specs and a minidump file of a driver verifier bsod....