Windows 10: Blue screens of death and crashing games

Discus and support Blue screens of death and crashing games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I recently built a computer for gaming. And when trying to play games and even just browsing the web or other miscellaneous stuff, I get blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/redheadn04, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Blue screens of death and crashing games

Hi, I recently built a computer for gaming. And when trying to play games and even just browsing the web or other miscellaneous stuff, I get blue screens. And one of the more frequent ones is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I’ve looked it up and every webpage keeps saying that it should’ve given a driver that failed, but mine don’t. I’ve checked all my drivers and all of them were up to date, I even replaced my hard drive just in case that was the problem. I’ve done ram tests and they all came back as good. Does anybody here know what could potentially be going wrong, or at least point me to somewhere where I could find the answer.

submitted by /u/redheadn04
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/redheadn04, Dec 10, 2020
  2. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Blue screens of death and crashing games [​IMG]

iuppiter, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Law-II Win User
    Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screens of death and crashing games

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Blue screens of death and crashing games

1. Blue screens of death and crashing games - Similar Threads - Blue screens death

2. Blue screen of Death and crashes from games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of Death and crashes from games: Good afternoon, I ran into a problem, the computer sometimes crashes with a blue screen of death, I attach files from the Minidump folder, but more often there is no blue screen, but some games crash after some time after the start of the game, my temperatures are low because...
  3. Blue screen of Death and crashes from games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of Death and crashes from games: Good afternoon, I ran into a problem, the computer sometimes crashes with a blue screen of death, I attach files from the Minidump folder, but more often there is no blue screen, but some games crash after some time after the start of the game, my temperatures are low because...
  4. Laptop crashed blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed blue screen of death: Hello, today i was using my bluetooth earbuds on my laptop and they were not working well despiste being connected it was not giving any sound i was using it before and it was working, then the youtube video stopped playing and it crashed. This is the link to the minidump...
  5. Blue Screen of Death Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death Crash: Hi,Recently I have been receiving a BSOD crash every 30-45 mins with the stop code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER.Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.Here is the link to the dump files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApsdcqCBOyIoauivFxFh8IcpPFo?e=iuSN5VThank you!...
  6. Blue Screen of Death Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death Crash: Hi,Recently I have been receiving a BSOD crash every 30-45 mins with the stop code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER.Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.Here is the link to the dump files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApsdcqCBOyIoauivFxFh8IcpPFo?e=iuSN5VThank you!...
  7. Blue Screen of Death Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My pc crashes with a blue screen of death while gaming.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc crashes with a blue screen of death while gaming.: So, I recently started experiencing blue screens out of nowhere caused by ntoskrnl.exe+1c3b20. I found a solution that said that I should install my chipset drivers which worked for some time but now I had another crash. I've also tried to run a memory diagnostic which didn't...
  9. Constant, Random Blue Screens of Death, Games Crashing Randomly

Constant, Random Blue Screens of Death, Games Crashing Randomly: Hi Guys, I just built my PC this summer (August 2019) and have been constantly experiencing BSODs and have looked all over the internet for a solution and could not find any. Thus, here I am! Ever since I build my PC I have had this issue. To be honest, I am not much of a...
  10. Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games: This is an issue I have been having for some time now. It only occurs when playing games and can happen at any time. I have gotten a few different stop codes, but it is usually Page Fault In Nonpaged Area. I have gone through countless forums and tried many fixes, but to no...