Windows 10: Blue Screens when YouTube Switches to Ads

Discus and support Blue Screens when YouTube Switches to Ads in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Occasionally, Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 will blue screen when YouTube videos are played exactly when YouTube switches to play an ad. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steven Stanley Bayes, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Blue Screens when YouTube Switches to Ads

Occasionally, Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 will blue screen when YouTube videos are played exactly when YouTube switches to play an ad. The problem is somewhat preventable, because, Edge first restarts the page twice and then the blue screen appears. The way to prevent the blue screen is to shut Edge down before or at the second restart. The blue screen mostly gives IRQL LESS OR EQUAL.

All drivers and BIOS are updated and the hardware has been working perfectly with many versions of Windows.

:)

Steven Stanley Bayes, Feb 10, 2019
  2. sberti Win User

After Creators Update - Blue Screen - After Switching User Accounts

I'm having an issue since the Creators update.
    I have 3 user accounts on my Surface Book. Since the Creators update, after I switch user accounts I will get a blue screen restart. But it seems like this happens after I open Edge and play a YouTube video.
    That is the only scenario and it happens every time.

The blue screen has the code:
    APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
    win32kfull.sys

Any suggestions on what to do about this?

sberti, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Blue Screens when YouTube Switches to Ads

Youtube black screens.

Well something interesting has happened, yesterday watching youtube videos was no problems, yet today when I try to watch a video, any video it shows as a black screen and the audio works.

After a little google search, I found that watching a video on the issue allowed me to see it, weird I thought as previously no video worked. I then click a random video on the suggested list and that too works.

I then type a search in youtube and bam! black screen again.

After a little more help from google, I found that disabling adblock plus allowed me to watch videos with no problems again + if I disable then re-enable all videos would work, although for a limited time, as after a few minutes when I switched to a new video it started again.

Edit: If I logged out of my youtube account, there would be no more black screens on videos, although there would also be ads...

My fix was this: I uninstalled adblock plus and instaled ublock origin, seems to have done the trick.

My question is what was the cause for this?

Also previously adblock would not block all ads on some sites, like techpowerup for example, ublock origin also fails to do this, although adblock managed to do this when I first installed. I know the fix for my add problems is a uninstall with iobit uninstaller and then reinstall, a simple reinstall does not work and I won't bother installing iobit just for this site. (ublock origin allows me to select bothering things and block them manually)

Edit: Also when I noticed adblock was not blocking all ads, google suggested to disable allow non-intrusive ads, I did that and it worked, I didn't give it further thought and the next day when I connect, ads were still shown on the site. Enabling-disabling the option after this had no further effects on the problem, as neither did a normal uninstall-reinstall of firefox.

My addons for firefox were: Adblock plus, adblock popup addon and disconnect.
    They now are: Ublock origin, adblock popup addon and disconnect.

I also use bitdefender free edition for antivirus and malwarebytes anti malware for on-demand scanning.
    Scanning with both revealed no suspicious or infected files.

This thread is more like what are your thoughts on this?

Silas Woodruff, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Blue Screens when YouTube Switches to Ads

1. Blue Screens when YouTube Switches to Ads - Similar Threads - Blue Screens YouTube

2. Windows 10 Blue Screen when watching Youtube on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blue Screen when watching Youtube on Google Chrome: Hi,I am experiencing Blue screen when I watch Youtube on Google Chrome. I have tried reinstalling Chrome . Need helpI have uploaded the 3 recent minidump fileshttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17s6MTzpchb-w0m1zuTAfOF1Sx_R-UJCh?usp=sharingThank you,John...
  3. Windows 10 Blue Screen when watching Youtube on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Blue Screen when watching Youtube on Google Chrome: Hi,I am experiencing Blue screen when I watch Youtube on Google Chrome. I have tried reinstalling Chrome . Need helpI have uploaded the 3 recent minidump fileshttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17s6MTzpchb-w0m1zuTAfOF1Sx_R-UJCh?usp=sharingThank you,John...
  4. Blue Screen when watching Youtube on Chrome

Blue Screen when watching Youtube on Chrome: Hi,I am encountering Blue Screen when only watching Youtube on Chrome,Here are the actions I have done before the errors occured1. Updated windows2. Installed additional 8gb RAM on my laptop3. Updated Nvidia driver but an error occured during downloading stuck at 100% on GE...
  5. Blue Screen when watching Youtube on Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when watching Youtube on Chrome: Hi,I am encountering Blue Screen when only watching Youtube on Chrome,Here are the actions I have done before the errors occured1. Updated windows2. Installed additional 8gb RAM on my laptop3. Updated Nvidia driver but an error occured during downloading stuck at 100% on GE...
  6. Blue Screen when watching Youtube on Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Blue Screen when trying to visit YouTube and other video sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when trying to visit YouTube and other video sites: Hello. This started happening after the Cumulative updates for Windows 10 February 2022 was installed. I noticed that many other programs were updated too after the restart. The most prominent updates I saw were Firefox, Opera, and Avast. This error happens only when trying...
  8. i get blue screen when watching youtube

i get blue screen when watching youtube: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.685 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\060221-13406-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available WARNING: Whitespace at start of...
  9. getting blue screens when watching youtube

getting blue screens when watching youtube: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.685 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\060221-13406-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available WARNING: Whitespace at start of...
  10. Blue Screens When Using Youtube/Playing Games

Blue Screens When Using Youtube/Playing Games: Hello, I have had a number of blue screens over the last few months, typically occurring a few times a week, and mostly displaying a different error each time. I have noticed it typically happens while on YouTube, gaming, or video editing. I ran Memtest for 3 passes with no...