Windows 10: Blue Yeti microphone driver causing BSoD

Discus and support Blue Yeti microphone driver causing BSoD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've been getting seemingly random BSoDs for the past week or so, 4-5 times a day. Blue Screen Viewer says it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CiprianIvanoiu, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Blue Yeti microphone driver causing BSoD

So I've been getting seemingly random BSoDs for the past week or so, 4-5 times a day.

Blue Screen Viewer says it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe and the most common error is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but there are also others like DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

The reason I think it's my Blue Yeti microphone is because in the Event Viewer utility, every time a critical error occurs, there is a warning just a few seconds before 5-6 seconds and it includes this:

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_B58E&PID_9E84&MI_03&Col02\8&1fe54f63&0&0001.

I googled it and arrived here http://www.devicekb.com/usb-vendor/B58E.php That's how I identified the problem device.

I don't really know what to do considering that the Blue Yeti uses the default microsoft drivers.

What I've tried:

• Uninstalling/reinstalling in device manager
    • Updating motherboard bios
    • Changing RAM sticks
    • Switching between USB slots I tried 2 directly on the motherboard and one on the PC case
    • Completely formatting my SSD and reinstalling a fresh copy of Windows 10
    • Updating all my drivers audio, lan, wireless, bluetooth, amd chipset, video, etc

My specs:

• Ryzen 3700x CPU
    • Nvidia RTX 2080S
    • 16GB 3200Mhz RAM
    • Corsair 750W Gold PSU
    • ASUS TUF B450M Plus Motherboard
    • Samsung SSD EVO M.2 500GB

Right now I'm running my PC without the microphone plugged in and it seems stable.

:)

CiprianIvanoiu, Aug 24, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Blue Yeti Microphone not working

Hi JawadFromFrance,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you to work on this issue. I understand that you are unable to connect Blue yeti Microphone to the computer.

As per the Error Code 43 "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems, we will need to reinstall the driver for the device again. For more information see,

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

However, as you have already tried uninstalling the device from Device Manager, I would suggest you to check if the device works in any other Window computer.

You may want to check the Blue Yeti website for drivers and see if there are drivers available for the particular model.

As you have mentioned that the Microphone is not working in Mac as well, I suspect it could be an issue with the Microphone. The best point of contact would be the

Blue Yeti support

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 24, 2020
  3. JayTee3 Win User
    Blue Yeti Pro drivers resulting in multiple blue screens? (+ other random BSODS?)

I've gotten blue screens such as:

• special_pool_detected_memory_corruption
    • system_thread_exception_not_handled (dxgmms2.sys failed) x2
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • Memory_management
    • Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap (BEDAISY.sys)
    • kernel_security_check_failure
    • video_memory-management_internal
    • win32k_security_failure
    • faulty_hardware_corrupted_page
    • memory_management
    • PFN_list_corrupt
    • system_service_exception
    I really don't know what to do, I narrowed down some of the errors to the blue yeti pro drivers. Some I'm not sure about, my computer used to blue screen about once every day, 80% of the time in-game while
    20% just watching youtube or whatever.

Why I think its the yeti pro for at least some of the errors: https://i.imgur.com/ig0wEQB.png ~ driver verifier says they are unsigned https://i.imgur.com/xZkeaU3.png ~
    errors in the event manager for the blue yeti pro

About 2 weeks ago I also uninstalled the yeti pro drivers once again and it stopped blue screening for about 1 week and a half (YAY), but now its back to blue screening since yesterday, one yesterday and one
    today.

Things I have done:

• Updated windows
    • SFC scan
    • chkdsk scan
    • windows memory test
    • memtest86
    • Full system scan + malware bytes scan
    • Reinstalled yeti pro drivers twice
    • Done the verifier thing
    • Updated all my PC drivers
    • Updated BIOS
    Without the drivers the mic doesn't work at all (I was hoping it would work without the drivers)

I even contacted Blue Microphones and all they asked for proof (which I sent 3 images, the kernel_security_check_failure bluescreen and the two images I supplied above), they just sent me a "return authorization
    slip" to return back

which reads:

But if the drivers are the problem, will a new microphone fix it? I literally downloaded the drivers from their website....

Thanks anyway Blue Yeti microphone driver causing BSoD :)

TL;DR: I think my blue yeti pro mic drivers are resulting in multiple blue screens, it used to happen everyday, stopped for near 2 weeks and now is happening again.

Edit: Running I've gotten blue screens such as:

• special_pool_detected_memory_corruption
    • system_thread_exception_not_handled (dxgmms2.sys failed) x2
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • Memory_management
    • Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap (BEDAISY.sys)
    • kernel_security_check_failure
    • video_memory-management_internal
    • win32k_security_failure
    • faulty_hardware_corrupted_page
    • memory_management
    • PFN_list_corrupt
    • system_service_exception
    I really don't know what to do, I narrowed down some of the errors to the blue yeti pro drivers. Some I'm not sure about, my computer used to blue screen about once every day, 80% of the time in-game while
    20% just watching youtube or whatever.

Why I think its the yeti pro for at least some of the errors: https://i.imgur.com/ig0wEQB.png ~ driver verifier says they are unsigned https://i.imgur.com/xZkeaU3.png ~
    errors in the event manager for the blue yeti pro

About 2 weeks ago I also uninstalled the yeti pro drivers once again and it stopped blue screening for about 1 week and a half (YAY), but now its back to blue screening since yesterday, one yesterday and one
    today.

Things I have done:

• Updated windows
    • SFC scan
    • chkdsk scan
    • windows memory test
    • memtest86
    • Full system scan + malware bytes scan
    • Reinstalled yeti pro drivers twice
    • Done the verifier thing
    • Updated all my PC drivers
    • Updated BIOS
    Without the drivers the mic doesn't work at all (I was hoping it would work without the drivers)

I even contacted Blue Microphones and all they asked for proof (which I sent 3 images, the kernel_security_check_failure bluescreen and the two images I supplied above), they just sent me a "return authorization
    slip" to return back

which reads:

But if the drivers are the problem, will a new microphone fix it? I literally downloaded the drivers from their website....

Thanks anyway Blue Yeti microphone driver causing BSoD :)

TL;DR: I think my blue yeti pro mic drivers are resulting in multiple blue screens, it used to happen everyday, stopped for near 2 weeks and now is happening again.

Edit: Running Windows 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (Windows 10 Pro)

JayTee3, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Blue Yeti microphone driver causing BSoD

Blue Yeti USB microphone suddenly disappears

My blue yeti microphone was working then today just disappeared. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and changing the cables and tested the ports and the cable and ports are fine. I also used the microphone on another computer and it worked
    fine. I updated my audio drivers and also made sure my USB drivers are up to date. Now the yeti is plugged in but it still says "No input devices found" in my sound settings. I tried plugging the mic into USB 3.0 and USB3.1 ports. All my software is up to
    date and when I click to run the troubleshooter the microphone does not show up. The mic still lights up even though it does not show up on the computer.

connorgasgarth, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Blue Yeti microphone driver causing BSoD

1. Blue Yeti microphone driver causing BSoD - Similar Threads - Blue Yeti microphone

2. Blue Yeti X Microphone Volume Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Yeti X Microphone Volume Issue: Greetings, I have a Blue Yeti X microphone, and I'm no longer using it because when it's working, the volume suddenly drops until it disappears, then it comes back intermittently like that....
  3. Blue Yeti X Microphone Volume Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Yeti X Microphone Volume Issue: Greetings, I have a Blue Yeti X microphone, and I'm no longer using it because when it's working, the volume suddenly drops until it disappears, then it comes back intermittently like that....
  4. Blue Yeti Nano microphone not connecting to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Yeti Nano microphone not connecting to Windows 11.: When I plug my microphone into the computer, it says "USB Device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in several times and looked through sound...
  5. Blue Yeti Nano microphone not connecting to Windows 11.

Blue Yeti Nano microphone not connecting to Windows 11.: When I plug my microphone into the computer, it says "USB Device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in several times and looked through sound...
  6. Blue Yeti Microphone Has No Driver & Is Undiscoverable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Yeti Microphone Has No Driver & Is Undiscoverable: Blue Yeti Microphone Has No Driver & Is Undiscoverable Hello all. I have had this microphone for two and a half years, and it has never worked. Both Microsoft nor Blue Yeti were willing to make it right on their end, so I am stuck with an expensive microphone which, as of...
  7. Blue Yeti Microphone Has No Driver & Is Undiscoverable

Blue Yeti Microphone Has No Driver & Is Undiscoverable: Blue Yeti Microphone Has No Driver & Is Undiscoverable Hello all. I have had this microphone for two and a half years, and it has never worked. Both Microsoft nor Blue Yeti were willing to make it right on their end, so I am stuck with an expensive microphone which, as of...
  8. Blue Yeti USB microphone suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Yeti USB microphone suddenly disappears: My blue yeti microphone was working then today just disappeared. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and changing the cables and tested the ports and the cable and ports are fine. I also used the microphone on another computer and it worked fine. I updated my...
  9. Blue Yeti microphone randomly stops working

Blue Yeti microphone randomly stops working: I have been having this problem with my Blue Yeti microphone where my mic randomly stops working. After I re-select it on Discord or OBS for example the audio picks up again. I have tried removing the device, re-plugging in, and running the troubleshooter. Drivers are up to...
  10. Blue Yeti Microphone Won't Be Detected

Blue Yeti Microphone Won't Be Detected: I've recently been using a blue yeti microphone for streaming and it has been working perfectly fine. Until today, I updated my laptop, and now it will not show up anywhere. I promise I have checked in device manager, sound and devices, and devices and printers. I've also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue yeti blue screen windows 10