Windows 10: Blue Yeti microphone randomly stops working

Discus and support Blue Yeti microphone randomly stops working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having this problem with my Blue Yeti microphone where my mic randomly stops working. After I re-select it on Discord or OBS for example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tobydussault, May 18, 2020.

1. Blue Yeti microphone randomly stops working

I have been having this problem with my Blue Yeti microphone where my mic randomly stops working. After I re-select it on Discord or OBS for example the audio picks up again. I have tried removing the device, re-plugging in, and running the troubleshooter. Drivers are up to date on the mic and the troubleshooter says the device is working properly. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

tobydussault, May 18, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Blue Yeti Microphone not working

Hi JawadFromFrance,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you to work on this issue. I understand that you are unable to connect Blue yeti Microphone to the computer.

As per the Error Code 43 "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems, we will need to reinstall the driver for the device again. For more information see,

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

However, as you have already tried uninstalling the device from Device Manager, I would suggest you to check if the device works in any other Window computer.

You may want to check the Blue Yeti website for drivers and see if there are drivers available for the particular model.

As you have mentioned that the Microphone is not working in Mac as well, I suspect it could be an issue with the Microphone. The best point of contact would be the

Blue Yeti support

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 18, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Blue Yeti stopped working

Hi Kevin,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the Methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Connect Blue Yeti to your computer and Run
    the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Right click on the start menu and select control panel.
    • In the category select small icons.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Follow the steps suggested in the link below. Try the troubleshooting steps one by one from the drop down.

Fix sound problems

Do let us know if you are able to use Blue Yeti in your PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 18, 2020
  4. Blue Yeti microphone randomly stops working

Blue Yeti stopped working

So last night, i was messing around with my computer and the sound on my blue yeti, and i wanted to try muting my mic another way then clicking the button on the Blue Yeti, so i went into the sound thing on my computer
    (Screenshot - 42688682584e8590604108ce879a1e0a - Gyazo) And there was a text where it said Blue Yeti, so i right clicked
    it and clicked inactivate, and boom, it wasn't there anymore, and this was the only thing i saw (Screenshot - d7f751cdeb7ab88670b9418fcee66172 - Gyazo)
    I tried right clicking again and i clicked on show deactivated stuff, but my blue yeti still didn't show up. I tried going into Device Manager and try finding my blue yeti, but nope it wasn't there, i tried changing USB but still doesn't work. Any other headset
    and mic works right now, but not the blue yeti. I tried reinstalling the computer but nope, didn't work either. I also tried plugging the blue yeti into my other computer, and that worked 100%.

Thanks if anyone that trys help me, i haven't been able to go on the computer all day cus of this, i really want it to start working again.

kevin013150, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Blue Yeti microphone randomly stops working

1. Blue Yeti microphone randomly stops working - Similar Threads - Blue Yeti microphone

2. Blue Yeti X Microphone Volume Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Yeti X Microphone Volume Issue: Greetings, I have a Blue Yeti X microphone, and I'm no longer using it because when it's working, the volume suddenly drops until it disappears, then it comes back intermittently like that....
  3. Blue Yeti X Microphone Volume Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Yeti X Microphone Volume Issue: Greetings, I have a Blue Yeti X microphone, and I'm no longer using it because when it's working, the volume suddenly drops until it disappears, then it comes back intermittently like that....
  4. Blue Yeti Microphone Has No Driver & Is Undiscoverable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Yeti Microphone Has No Driver & Is Undiscoverable: Blue Yeti Microphone Has No Driver & Is Undiscoverable Hello all. I have had this microphone for two and a half years, and it has never worked. Both Microsoft nor Blue Yeti were willing to make it right on their end, so I am stuck with an expensive microphone which, as of...
  5. Blue Yeti Microphone Has No Driver & Is Undiscoverable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Yeti Microphone Has No Driver & Is Undiscoverable: Blue Yeti Microphone Has No Driver & Is Undiscoverable Hello all. I have had this microphone for two and a half years, and it has never worked. Both Microsoft nor Blue Yeti were willing to make it right on their end, so I am stuck with an expensive microphone which, as of...
  6. Microphone stops working randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone stops working randomly.: Hello, I have an Apollo Solo USB with a Sennheiser MKh-416 microphone. For some reason the Microphone works for couple minutes, and then suddenly stops working (also in the interface software). When I select one of my saved audio settings it works again for couple minutes,...
  7. Blue Yeti microphone driver causing BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Yeti microphone driver causing BSoD: So I've been getting seemingly random BSoDs for the past week or so, 4-5 times a day. Blue Screen Viewer says it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe and the most common error is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but there are also others like DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or...
  8. Microphone Randomly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Randomly Stopped Working: My Blue Yeti microphone has worked for years. Now out of nowhere I can't get it to work on ANYTHING. I have tried every video and every single bit of forum advice as far as sound settings go. Please, I need help as I can't live stream without it. It's receiving power and...
  9. Blue Yeti USB microphone suddenly disappears

Blue Yeti USB microphone suddenly disappears: My blue yeti microphone was working then today just disappeared. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and changing the cables and tested the ports and the cable and ports are fine. I also used the microphone on another computer and it worked fine. I updated my...
  10. Blue Yeti Microphone Won't Be Detected

Blue Yeti Microphone Won't Be Detected: I've recently been using a blue yeti microphone for streaming and it has been working perfectly fine. Until today, I updated my laptop, and now it will not show up anywhere. I promise I have checked in device manager, sound and devices, and devices and printers. I've also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Yeti nano crashes randomly