Windows 10: Bluelight settings constantly changing by themselves

Discus and support Bluelight settings constantly changing by themselves in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using my laptop sometimes by itself and sometimes with an external monitor. I have defined a custom color profile for the external monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wazzupYoManDude, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Bluelight settings constantly changing by themselves

Hi,

I'm using my laptop sometimes by itself and sometimes with an external monitor. I have defined a custom color profile for the external monitor (though it is pretty much the same as the laptop color profile and I don't really care which one is active). I also have the night light mode set to activate after 10pm.

Now since one or two weeks the display started to randomly change into a low-blue light setting. I can reverse this by changing the between the two color profiles (in either direction). But some random time later it will again switch into this low-blue light mode. This happens both with and without external monitor and is becoming incredibly annoying (happened three times while writing this). It also happens in the middle of the day, when the night mode is not supposed to be active. Completely deactivating the night mode didn't help either. I've also updated my graphics drivers, didn't help. Any ideas on how to fix this?

My laptop is a lenovo thinkpad E470 with the latest version of windows 10.

Thanks a lot!

:)

wazzupYoManDude, Jul 28, 2019

2. Folder View settings constantly changing

Is there any way to stop Windows 10 from constantly changing my folder view settings. throughout the day I am constantly moving between different folders for work and am constantly changing the view settings. I like the detail view, apparently Microsoft
    does not and keeps changing to list, Large Icons, etc., etc.

Edward OConnor, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Bluelight settings constantly changing by themselves

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Bluelight settings constantly changing by themselves

1. Bluelight settings constantly changing by themselves - Similar Threads - Bluelight settings constantly

2. Default Apps Change By Themselves

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Apps Change By Themselves: Just as the title states, I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, all updates are installed. My default apps change nearly once a day. Example: If I set Adobe AC as my default PDF reader today, tomorrow when I come back to my station, the default app is Microsoft Edge. Is I set...
  3. multiple display settings changing themselves

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    multiple display settings changing themselves: I have an asus zenbook dou with a Samsung tv as my 2nd screen. The issue I'm having is windows keeps for some reason sometimes changing my display settings on its own. Like sometimes the monitor will rearrange themselves, or which monitor is primary will switch, or they'll go...
  4. Windows 10 Power & Sleep Settings randomly change themselves

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Power & Sleep Settings randomly change themselves: Surface Pro 6, Windows 10 1909, OS Build 18363.900 Using a second monitor and the main display simultaneously. Secondary monitor is set as primary display. Device is plugged in and at 100% when in use. At random, the SP6 main display will change it's brightness to 100%....
  5. Screen colors changed by themselves.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen colors changed by themselves.: My screen colours changed in a bizarre way and Pictures show up as ghostly shadows!Please advise. I want to get back to normal display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-colors-changed-by-themselves/d167d566-f546-4382-af25-b98bd09f58ae
  6. Windows 10 changes settings constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 changes settings constantly: So I left a laptop with W 10 running, doing some tasks. About 6h from boot it restarts automatically. I guess it's part of windows update, so I disable all telemetry and update settings and disable service in services.msc, stopping it too. About one day later (laptop was...
  7. Bluelight Filter not working build 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluelight Filter not working build 1903: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 build 1903, I keep having issues with the bluelight filter. When I first start the computer, and log in, the filter doesn't work at all. I have to log off and log back in everytime I turn on my computer. I already tried uninstalling and...
  8. Internet Drivers Constantly and Consistently Delete Themselves

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet Drivers Constantly and Consistently Delete Themselves: So this annoying BS keeps happening I bought this laptop roughly a year ago, and have already taken it in for servicing after my OS literally deleted itself without warning or reason. They wiped the damn thing clean and handed it back to me about a week after. The problem I...
  9. HotKeys changed themselves, how to change back to normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    HotKeys changed themselves, how to change back to normal?: My laptop has volume adjust on the f1 f2 f3 keys and more on the others. Suddenly they have new things assigned to them that I didn't knowingly set. It's a Windows 10 touchscreen laptop. How do I change them back to normal? 47338
  10. Keyboard setting changes constantly

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard setting changes constantly: My laptop has a Swiss keyboard. Windows 10 Home came preinstalled with Swiss German localization and the keyboard setting worked fine. I installed the US English language pack of the OS and since then again and again my keyboard setting is changed to EN-US. It does not...