Windows 10: blueray DVD

Discus and support blueray DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; does not recognize blueray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blueray-dvd/833353d1-a277-4cc6-b817-89839af8cd3d Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DVNY, Jul 8, 2019.

1. DVNY Win User

blueray DVD

does not recognize blueray

:)

DVNY, Jul 8, 2019
  2. mike s Win User

BlueRay DVD P

DVD resolution is SD by definition, that's why your DVD disks "look like something like SD"

A disc player (or television/monitor) with good upscaling capabilities can make a SD source look a bit better on a higher-resolution monitor but it will not really add any detail that wasn't there in the first place.

mike s, Jul 8, 2019
  3. starflyr Win User
    BlueRay DVD P

I have a BlueRay DVD player that I almost never use. However, recently I tried to play a DVD with it that was produced in 2018. I assume the DVD is a standard DVD. I'm a bit confused about DVDs.

Anyway, in playing this new DVD it was totally surprised that the picture looked like something like SD. I read that a BlueRay player will only display either BlueRay or SD format. NO HD format.

Is there ANY HD DVD players? I see several that claim to uplink to 1080P. In a search on the net, I can't find any DVD player that claims to be a HD player.

I have a ton of DVD's, but none are in BlueRay format. With all the streaming going on, DVD players are probably next year's 8 track players.

Short version, should I tank the BlueRay player and get one that advertises upscale to 1080P. I have a 4K TV and would like to see my DVD's in at least 1080P. Can someone clear this up for me?

Thanks

starflyr, Jul 8, 2019
  4. bobkn Win User

blueray DVD

BlueRay DVD P

No 4k (UHD) disks? It's only money.*Smile

bobkn, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

blueray DVD

1. blueray DVD - Similar Threads - blueray DVD

2. DVD Blueray disappeared after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Blueray disappeared after update.: Toshiba P775–s7215 equipment.My dvd blueray RW drive disappeared from the device screen after an automatic update occurred for Windows 10.The drive will physically open, spins for awhile when closed 5-7 seconds maybe then just stops.No “what do you want to do….”message or...
  3. DVD Blueray disappeared after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Blueray disappeared after update.: Toshiba P775–s7215 equipment.My dvd blueray RW drive disappeared from the device screen after an automatic update occurred for Windows 10.The drive will physically open, spins for awhile when closed 5-7 seconds maybe then just stops.No “what do you want to do….”message or...
  4. DVD Blueray disappeared after update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have one cdrom device an lg m disk blueray rw nothing else but get this on each boot

I have one cdrom device an lg m disk blueray rw nothing else but get this on each boot: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 9/19/2021 8:39:02 PM Event ID: 7000 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-C7MSO9M Description: The CdRomArbiterService service failed to start due to the following error: The...
  6. I just installed a new lg blueray burner in my pc, but when trying to use it I get an error...

I just installed a new lg blueray burner in my pc, but when trying to use it I get an error...: I just installed a new LG blue ray burner on my pc, but when trying to use it I get an error from the software I am using. I took a look at the drive in device manager and found under the sibling's tab; this SCSI\Disk&Ven_ST3000DM&Prod_001-1CH166\4&350beb62&0&000000 pointng...
  7. Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive

Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive: I can't open a drive that appears to be a local disk (H:) in This PC. I get a message, "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." If I click Continue, I get, "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need...
  8. Using BlueRay DVD reader/writer

Using BlueRay DVD reader/writer: I am running Windows 10 (64) on 3 computers (all licensed and activated) I bought and used an LG BlueRay reader/writer on my main computer. I have read and written a number of DVD's on this computer. One day I ejected a DVD and removed the unit from my main computer. I...
  9. BlueRay DVD P

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BlueRay DVD P: I have a BlueRay DVD player that I almost never use. However, recently I tried to play a DVD with it that was produced in 2018. I assume the DVD is a standard DVD. I'm a bit confused about DVDs. Anyway, in playing this new DVD it was totally surprised that the picture...
  10. BlueRay DVD P

in Windows 10 Support
    BlueRay DVD P: I have a BlueRay DVD player that I almost never use. However, recently I tried to play a DVD with it that was produced in 2018. I assume the DVD is a standard DVD. I'm a bit confused about DVDs. Anyway, in playing this new DVD it was totally surprised that the picture...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blueray dvd

2. sharp bd-brd50_aq usb device

3. sharp bd-brd50_aq driver