Windows 10: Bluescreen after a couple a months

Discus and support Bluescreen after a couple a months in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has had a history of crashes before but it has started back again. I seemed to fix the issue a couple months ago when clean installing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JakeK2, Nov 27, 2019.

1. JakeK2 Win User

Bluescreen after a couple a months

My computer has had a history of crashes before but it has started back again. I seemed to fix the issue a couple months ago when clean installing the graphics driver but it seems to have returned. Can you please help me? I have the minidumps from this crash and the crashes before.

The error code was: irql_not_less_or_equal

This happened after while of gaming on Minecraft (probably over a couple hours)

Here are the minidumps from all crashes:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtSymGlwZu7yxlcZe4BJYC27frxN?e=h8dHw7

What I have tried for the previous crashes two months ago:

Memory test: All clear (ran with all tests 2 times)

Checked SSD and HDD SMART: all good

Clean installed graphics driver: Seemed to fix things until now.

Ran driver verifier: Made my pc restart but no error code.

Ran Sfc/scannow and disp: Both said no corruption.

I at this point don't know what is causing it and ran out of ideas. I'd perfer not to reinstall windows unless I have to.

:)

JakeK2, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

A Couple Questions About Partitions

Hello, it's been a couple days. So I decided to get back at the effort of resolving this, but I'm so confused on how to perform the steps you have listed above even though the list looks pretty simple and self-explanatory. Is it possible to go a little bit more in depth and explain it like you're talking to someone who has no experience doing something like this? That would be greatly appreciated.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    bluescreen error message wont allow access to desktop

Hi David,

To know what kind of troubleshooting steps would be applicable to your bluescreen error, please answer these questions:

• What is the exact error message showing on your end?
    • Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far to resolve the issue?

For now, you can have a look at the troubleshooting step on this link as an initial remedy to the bluescreen
    error you're receiving.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Bluescreen after a couple a months - Similar Threads - Bluescreen couple months

2. PC Bluescreening since Months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Bluescreening since Months: Hello Microsoft Community,since a long time my pc keeps crashing, sometimes not for a week, sometimes 1-5 times a day or sometimes 1-5 times an hour.It never crashes once im in a game or have a game running in the background - thats why I didnt really bother until now.Heres a...
  3. PC Bluescreening since Months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Bluescreening since Months: Hello Microsoft Community,since a long time my pc keeps crashing, sometimes not for a week, sometimes 1-5 times a day or sometimes 1-5 times an hour.It never crashes once im in a game or have a game running in the background - thats why I didnt really bother until now.Heres a...
  4. PC Bluescreening since Months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Bluescreening since Months

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. PC Bluescreening since Months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC Bluescreening since Months

8. I disabled UAC since couple months

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I disabled UAC since couple months: Can I disable UAC a long time and use my computer while online? I will be careful when downloading stuffs and I will be careful while browsing web and I go to virustotal. Even though i disabled UAC since couple months, my free Avast haven't found infected files 184154
  9. Why does windows go bad after a couple months?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does windows go bad after a couple months?: My Win10 1909 keeps going bad every couple months. I usually have to do a complete reinstall to get it back Today some apps freeze and others don't. This includes Windows component apps, leacy apps and Store apps. Earlier I couldn't even get to the BiOS. When did it didn't...
  10. Been having bluescreens for months

Been having bluescreens for months: It started happening about 6 months ago. Between then and now i have replaced multiple parts that seemed to fix the problem for a while. Like MOBO, Ram 5 weeks ago i reinstalled windows because i kept getting bluescreens every 20 seconds, safe mode was fine. Now it's...