Windows 10: Bluescreen crash when opening a video

Discus and support Bluescreen crash when opening a video in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! My computer crashes everytime i start a video. On the Bluescreen i get different stopcodes but the same error everytime athuw8x.sys.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Manus O'Donnell, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Bluescreen crash when opening a video

Hi! My computer crashes everytime i start a video. On the Bluescreen i get different stopcodes but the same error everytime athuw8x.sys.

:)

Manus O'Donnell, Jun 15, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 15, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 15, 2022
  4. Bluescreen crash when opening a video

UNABLE TO OPEN IMAGES AND VIDEOS

Hi,

Have you tried performing the troubleshooting steps listed in the article given by
    Robert Caw? It was posted above.

As a workaround, you may try these steps:

• Right-click the photo or video.
    • You'll see a pop-up box, choose Open With.
    • Then choose Paint or Photos to open an image.

(There are also options to open videos when you click Open With.)

We look forward to your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 15, 2022
Thema:

Bluescreen crash when opening a video

1. Bluescreen crash when opening a video - Similar Threads - Bluescreen crash opening

2. PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen: Hello,Recently my PC has been crashing when playing video games and it’s getting progressively worse where I cannot even open any games without a crash.There is no bluescreen, my PC stays on and everything is on except my screen goes black and resets. I’ve done a stress test...
  3. PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen: Hello,Recently my PC has been crashing when playing video games and it’s getting progressively worse where I cannot even open any games without a crash.There is no bluescreen, my PC stays on and everything is on except my screen goes black and resets. I’ve done a stress test...
  4. PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Video games crash, application crash, bluescreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video games crash, application crash, bluescreens: Hi,six months have passed since my first issue. It's time to post it!I build a completely new PC with modern hardware. See MS-Info I can use it for office without problems, I can run Cinebench for hours, Prime 95 is no problem. I can watch YouTube, but....There are two tipes...
  6. Video games crash, application crash, bluescreens

Video games crash, application crash, bluescreens: Hi,six months have passed since my first issue. It's time to post it!I build a completely new PC with modern hardware. See MS-Info I can use it for office without problems, I can run Cinebench for hours, Prime 95 is no problem. I can watch YouTube, but....There are two tipes...
  7. Windows settings crashes when opening video playback option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows settings crashes when opening video playback option: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KillerKattapa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13m0jyq/windows_settings_crashes_when_opening_video/
  8. Bluescreen crash when opening a video

Bluescreen crash when opening a video: Hi! My computer crashes everytime i start a video. On the Bluescreen i get different stopcodes but the same error everytime athuw8x.sys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-crash-when-opening-a-video/4da60e92-c92c-426e-bd4a-c9dab63d1b0a
  9. Bluescreen crash when opening a video

Bluescreen crash when opening a video: Hi! My computer crashes everytime i start a video. On the Bluescreen i get different stopcodes but the same error everytime athuw8x.sys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-crash-when-opening-a-video/4da60e92-c92c-426e-bd4a-c9dab63d1b0a
  10. Bluescreen when playing video games.

Bluescreen when playing video games.: Hello I have had this problem for like a month now. While gaming I sometimes get a bluescreen out of nowhere. I did some reseach on the internet and read the possible solutions such as updating drivers, malware or outdated drivers still on my pc. After trying my best for...