Windows 10: Bluescreen crash

Discus and support Bluescreen crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; link to the data: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BqQQtEUV63yMKDAVUh-4CURgl0xjKv_2/view?usp=sharing 'report' is from AIDA64 and 'info' from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WhiteChocolate50, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Bluescreen crash

link to the data: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BqQQtEUV63yMKDAVUh-4CURgl0xjKv_2/view?usp=sharing

'report' is from AIDA64 and 'info' from MSinfo32.

I would just run the pc and the error would happen, but instead of the classic bluescreen, the monitor simply disconnects, as the pc would literally just continue to run for a few seconds I can tell that from the still working sound, and then it would restart, sometimes not working after restart, and in that case I have to force close it and open again a bunch of times.

If there is need for any more information or answers, I am willing to provide them.

I have encountered this error for a week but only now I realized that it is a bluescreen, as Reliability Monitor told me:

Source

Windows

Summary

Shut down unexpectedly

Date

‎4/‎15/‎2021 6:41 PM

Status

Not reported

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 116

Parameter 1: ffffcc827ff1c270

Parameter 2: fffff8016c7a4290

Parameter 3: ffffffffc0000001

Parameter 4: 3

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

:)

WhiteChocolate50, Apr 16, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 16, 2021
  3. philc43 Win User
    Bluescreen Crashes in Windows 10

There are a few things that I notice with these errors, they are nearly all hardware 0x124 errors which are difficult to troubleshoot because there is so little information.

Most of them occur when the Norton Security process is running so a first step would be to uninstall Norton and just use Windows Defender while we are troubleshooting.

There was one different BSOD error: 0x18 Reference by Pointer
    Probably caused by : BHDrvx64.sys ( BHDrvx64+114761 )

You need to update or rollback your Symantec Heuristics Driver. Maybe this is part of the Norton install so it may be removed anyway.

Check if there has been any improvement and if not then you will need to work through your hardware:

STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting [/i] Read carefully before proceeding.

Bluescreen crash [​IMG]
    Warning
    Bluescreen crash warnsmall.png
    If you're overclocking your system, revert back to stock clocks now.
    Bluescreen crash warnsmall.png

Bluescreen crash [​IMG]
    Note Test the system once the overclock is removed before continuing with the steps outlined below.

Part One: CPU Stress Test
    Part Two: MemTest86+ RAM Diagnostic
    Part Three: Hard Drive Diagnostics
    Part Four: GPU Stress Test

ONE [/i] CPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Prime95 to stress test your CPU. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Bluescreen crash [​IMG]
    Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

TWO [/i] RAM TEST
    *Arrow Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Bluescreen crash [​IMG]
    Note
    Bluescreen crash picture.jpg

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

THREE [/i] HDD TEST

Bluescreen crash [​IMG]
    Note Please run HDTune first, in the order posted!
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk

FOUR [/i] GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Furmark to stress test your GPU. FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Bluescreen crash [​IMG]
    Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Bluescreen crash [​IMG]
    Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

Report back on all the tests as you do them - take your time - there is no need to get them all done immediately.

philc43, Apr 16, 2021
  4. MegaMan Win User

Bluescreen crash

Constant Bluescreens/Crashes

New Build and having constant bluescreens / crashing

Playing tf2 crash, run prime 95 within 60 seconds crash.

MegaMan, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Bluescreen crash

1. Bluescreen crash - Similar Threads - Bluescreen crash

2. PC crashing, bluescreen, and restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing, bluescreen, and restarting.: My PC has been crashing constantly, mostly when downloading games. This problem originally started on Windows 10, and since then I have done a complete factory reset on my PC and upgraded to Windows 11, where the problem still persists. I’ve checked the event viewer and found...
  3. PC crashing, bluescreen, and restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing, bluescreen, and restarting.: My PC has been crashing constantly, mostly when downloading games. This problem originally started on Windows 10, and since then I have done a complete factory reset on my PC and upgraded to Windows 11, where the problem still persists. I’ve checked the event viewer and found...
  4. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze: As title, my pc crashes almost once every day I use it, sometimes it just freezes without blue screen, and other times it crashes with different errors, my most recent one being unexpected kernel mode trap seen it a few times before. The worst crash I had is during a gaming...
  5. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze: As title, my pc crashes almost once every day I use it, sometimes it just freezes without blue screen, and other times it crashes with different errors, my most recent one being unexpected kernel mode trap seen it a few times before. The worst crash I had is during a gaming...
  6. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

7. PC keeps crashing/deadlocking and bluescreening.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC keeps crashing/deadlocking and bluescreening.: i have been having troubles with my pc self build specs are at the bottom for awhile and don't have a clue on what to do next. for context i have had this pc for multiple years and this problem all started around 1,5 - 2 years ago where my pc was dealocking randomly and...
  8. Bluescreen crashes from time to time, typically with different error messages. Latest:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen crashes from time to time, typically with different error messages. Latest:...: I have no common thread to tie all the crashes together. It's possible that on one of the two monitors every time a crash has occurred, a streaming video of some sort has been playing youtube, other video streaming etc., but I cannot be certain to say so.I have intermittently...
  9. Bluescreen crashes from time to time, typically with different error messages. Latest:...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen crashes from time to time, typically with different error messages. Latest:...: I have no common thread to tie all the crashes together. It's possible that on one of the two monitors every time a crash has occurred, a streaming video of some sort has been playing youtube, other video streaming etc., but I cannot be certain to say so.I have intermittently...
  10. Bluescreen crashes from time to time, typically with different error messages. Latest:...