Windows 10: Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting crashes specifically while playing VR and during more demanding moments specifically, Alyx, often but not exclusively when loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndrewFWS, Jul 21, 2021.

1. AndrewFWS Win User

Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I have been getting crashes specifically while playing VR and during more demanding moments specifically, Alyx, often but not exclusively when loading levels and sometimes in other situations. It's a hard problem to reproduce because it usually happens during an extended play session or when the GPU is under high strain.What usually preceeds it is a "shuttering" effect, where the FPS of the headset a Valve Index slows down to basically static images and starts showing black screens between them, then the black screens start shuttering in an asymmetrical fashion and then the headset freezes

:)

AndrewFWS, Jul 21, 2021
  2. SindreOE Win User

Windows 10 DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreen

After an windows update my computer keeps freezing into a bluescreen error DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with these four errors in my top left corner:

0x0000000000000001

0x0000000000001E00

0xFFFFF803FFAEA378

0x0000000000000000

This happens most when I am playing games.

Below is a link to my dump files

Minidump.rar

SindreOE, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Dcp_watchdog_violation?

hi there to anyone that sees this, I have been having some really annoying and frustrating problems with my PC lately. My PC keeps crashing an coming up with the blue screen of death saying DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION which I did my homework and went and tried most of the logical youtube videos on where they went into device manager, power option and so on but nothing has fixed mine. What is different about my PC crashing is I will be mid way through a game using my 2tb hdd and once my pc crashes it will restart but then my 2tb hdd will be missing and I have no clue on how to fix this. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions please say otherwise I will have to pay to get fixed.
    P.S my system still runs because all my games and junk are stored on the hdd and my OS is on my ssd.

J4CKYBOY66, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BlueScreen DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I turned it on and it crashed everytime after logging into Windows. Some ended in bluescreen with Error Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and other times it just froze and turned my second monitor black with a distorted windows 10 wallpaper.

Anyway, as I already mentioned earlier the .dmp files were not created, because the bluescreen was stuck at 0% well after 5-10 minutes of waiting.

I am running following settings:

Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION fd71f778-af98-460e-bf4b-bfff690dc7a6?upload=true.png

LokiGrabung2975, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - Bluescreen crashes while

2. Computer crash when playing VR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crash when playing VR: basically, when playing vr for around 30 minutes up to 1 hour my pc just freezes completely and then reboots, already made sure it wasnt the temperature of both the gpu and cpu, did a clean re-install of my amd gpu drivers and even checked the event viewer and reliability...
  3. Computer crash when playing VR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crash when playing VR: basically, when playing vr for around 30 minutes up to 1 hour my pc just freezes completely and then reboots, already made sure it wasnt the temperature of both the gpu and cpu, did a clean re-install of my amd gpu drivers and even checked the event viewer and reliability...
  4. Computer crash when playing VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. DCP_WATCHDOG_Violation - at the point where I cant play games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DCP_WATCHDOG_Violation - at the point where I cant play games: I've been getting this error for over a year now. It is at the point where I cant play games and which I have a PC for. When ever I try to download a new Driver for my Graphics card while just using the computer, It freezes and goes to the error screen . I have to download a...
  6. Windows 10 DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreen: After an windows update my computer keeps freezing into a bluescreen error DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with these four errors in my top left corner: 0x0000000000000001 0x0000000000001E00 0xFFFFF803FFAEA378 0x0000000000000000 This happens most when I am playing games. Below...
  7. BlueScreen DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BlueScreen DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, I've been getting a BlueScreen every time when I try to play Anthem. After few minutes the game freezes and I get a BlueScreen with DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. If anyone knows the solution for this, it would be greatly appreciated. The dump File can be seen below:...
  8. Bluescreen Crashes While Playing Various Games

Bluescreen Crashes While Playing Various Games: The games I'm getting these problems with are Killing Floor 2, Fallout 4, and GTA V. I'm not doing anything in particular to cause these crashes, they seem to just happen over a certain amount of time, with Killing Floor 2 about 15 minutes of game play. Attachment 59638...
  9. BSOD DCP_Watchdog_violation playing Doom/Star Citizen

BSOD DCP_Watchdog_violation playing Doom/Star Citizen: I have had this issue before and tried reinstalling my OS and formatting my storage drive, the only drive i didnt touch was my gaming SSD which only has steam, a few games, and some college homework on it. I created DM log collector thingy its attacatched to this post....
  10. Dcp_watchdog_violation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dcp_watchdog_violation?: hi there to anyone that sees this, I have been having some really annoying and frustrating problems with my PC lately. My PC keeps crashing an coming up with the blue screen of death saying DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION which I did my homework and went and tried most of the logical...