Windows 10: Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, For about 10 days I am getting blue screen with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error. It seems that this happens only when I make heavy load on my PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndrijaHuzjak1, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

For about 10 days I am getting blue screen with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error. It seems that this happens only when I make heavy load on my PC, zipping large files on all threads, re-compiling very big projects in Visual Studio.

I have manged to get it by running CPU stress test an all cores, it happens after few minutes, first PC is responsive but I see that network gets down, than my mouse freezes and then blue screen. Problem is that I left CPU and RAM stress test form live linux distribution for all night and no error or crash happened. I also benched disk and few more components and everything is OK. CPU temperature does not go above 70C.

Didn't see anything strange in Even Viewer, except that Error is reported about unexpected Restart.

Few minidumps for crashes 7z:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsTfLY51CTFzokUvrLC5M0vUB6RS?e=XiDXkn

Please help!

Any way how I can interpret this dumps myself?

Best Regards!

Andrija

:)

AndrijaHuzjak1, Nov 25, 2020

2. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

This could be due to hardware failure, faulty RAM or corrupted or outdated drivers.

I suggest you to try the steps provided by Anannya Podder in the link below and check if it helps.

Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

build and version of Windows, 1703 os build 15063.296

other troubleshooting steps, checked the drivers

tried to update your drivers, yes

What happened prior to getting the error? it just freezes for 20 seconds ish then the blue screen of death

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

one hundred and eightyrhodes, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

dpc_watchdog_violation Bluescreen

Hi Duncan,

Conflicts with a third-party program is one of the possible reasons why you are having a blue screen that has the error code, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?
    • Have you tried the steps in this
      link
      to troubleshoot blue screen issues?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try running your computer in clean boot and check if it helps. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. You can follow the steps
    in this
    link

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - Bluescreen Error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error code on bluescreen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error code on bluescreen.: So my PC is fairly young, about a year and a half old and only recently have I started encountering this issue. As far as I know I've kept it malware-free and trying to avoid putting too much stress on the hardware.I'm hoping someone knows how I can somehow fix it. I remember...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error code on bluescreen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error code on bluescreen.: So my PC is fairly young, about a year and a half old and only recently have I started encountering this issue. As far as I know I've kept it malware-free and trying to avoid putting too much stress on the hardware.I'm hoping someone knows how I can somehow fix it. I remember...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error code on bluescreen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bluescreen Error 0x133: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen Error 0x133: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I am currently experiencing this blue screen error frequently, about every 2 hours i experience it. There seems to be no fix besides waiting, I've tried reinstalling windows completely, clean boot, safe boot, and many more but none of them worked. Other Bluescreens I've...
  6. Bluescreen Error 0x133: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Bluescreen Error 0x133: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I am currently experiencing this blue screen error frequently, about every 2 hours i experience it. There seems to be no fix besides waiting, I've tried reinstalling windows completely, clean boot, safe boot, and many more but none of them worked. Other Bluescreens I've...
  7. Bluescreen: DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Bluescreen: DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Hello, Lately, I have been having issues with my Asus Tuf gaming a15 as it randomly blue screens for no apparent reason.The only code it gave me is DPC_Watchdog_Violation. Here is my config:OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 System Manufacturer...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bluescreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bluescreen: I keep getting a bluescreen for DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, I looked it up on here and someone told me to look for and update the iastor.sys driver, but I Don't actually have it, so what can I do to fix these bluescreens?...
  9. Bluescreen Error - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen Error - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: This error happens at any random time whenever the screen freezes for a few seconds. Whenever I restart and startup the laptop again, it just freezes on the login page and does this bluescreen again. It repeats this for about four 4 more times and suddenly works properly and...
  10. Bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello there, I recently came upon the problem that when I login on origin (the one from EA) in order to play any EA titles. Right after I typed in my login information my PC freezes and ends up in a bluescreen as mentioned in the title. What I figured out on forums from...