Windows 10: Bluescreen. Error message: WDF_VIOLATION

Discus and support Bluescreen. Error message: WDF_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey y'all, I've never really been happy about Windows 10, but in the last few weeks I've been very upset with it. I'd be just going about my typical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelJac3, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Bluescreen. Error message: WDF_VIOLATION

Hey y'all,

I've never really been happy about Windows 10, but in the last few weeks I've been very upset with it.

I'd be just going about my typical business, running Discord, Minecraft for Windows 10, and Spotify at the same time, when I would be just going about my business, when suddenly, I would get a loud noise out of my headphones and the computer would bluescreen with the error "WDF_VIOLATION". This has happened both today and yesterday, twice in 2 days, which is NOT something I would pay $120 for.

I think there might be something in common, however. My keyboard is the Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard, and both times my PC has crashed, I have been configuring my music with the Volume Up/Down buttons and pressing the WASD keys at the same time.

If you need the specs on my PC, tell me that you need them in a reply to this as I built this computer myself and the specs are pretty complex.

Thanks,

Michael

***Title modified from: WDF_VIOLATION***

:)

MichaelJac3, Apr 28, 2019

2. Error: "WDF_violation" on Windows 10

Hi Steve,

As you are facing blue screen error on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made nay changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

The WDF_VIOLATION bug check has a value of 0x0000010D. This indicates that Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) detected that Windows found an error in a framework-based driver.

I recommend you to refer to the below post replied by Anannya Podder
    on October 5, 2015 and check if it helps.

Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of WDF_violation error for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    bluescreen error message wont allow access to desktop

Hi David,

To know what kind of troubleshooting steps would be applicable to your bluescreen error, please answer these questions:

• What is the exact error message showing on your end?
    • Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far to resolve the issue?

For now, you can have a look at the troubleshooting step on this link as an initial remedy to the bluescreen
    error you're receiving.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Bluescreen. Error message: WDF_VIOLATION

Windows 10 Bluescreen WDF_VIOLATION if USB device used USBSER.SYS and add to a Modem

We can always reproduce a bluescreen on Windows 10, if a USB device which used the USBSER.SYS driver is attached to a Windows Standard modem.

Environment:

• Windows 10 Pro, Final Build 10240, 64 Bit
    Steps how to reproduce:

• Connect a USB device which used the USBSER.SYS driver
    • Windows Device Manager displays the device in section "Ports (COM & LPT)"

For example "Serial USB Device (COM3)"

This is OK
    • Start the "Phone and Modem" application
    • Select the "Modems" tab and select "Add..." to "Install New Modem"
    • Select "Don't detect my modem, I will select it from a list"
    • Select "(Standard Modem Types)" and e.g. Model "Communication cable between two computers"
    • Select the serial port which is used by the connected USB device (e.g. COM3 for this example)
    • Windows starts installing the Modem... but...
    • Bluescreen with information about an Error: WDF_VIOLATION

Notes:

• This error does not occur with USBSER.SYS driver on Windows XP, 7, 8
    • I know that the USBSER.SYS driver is rewritten for Windows 10

Perhaps this specific use case with the Modem assignment was not tested with this new driver?
    • This bluescreen is reproducible with different connected USB devices which used the USBSER.SYS, e.g.:
      • embedded device with USB Stack from eCosCentric
      • embedded device with USB Stack from STMicroelectronics
    Thanks for any help and support

Ralf Hüfing

RalfHüfing, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Bluescreen. Error message: WDF_VIOLATION

1. Bluescreen. Error message: WDF_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - Bluescreen Error message

2. WDF_Violation error on shutdown after Win10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WDF_Violation error on shutdown after Win10 reinstall: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and updated it, so now it's running a full 1909 version of windows. I've done this before with no problem. This time however, whenever I shut down Windows, whether I use ShutDown, Shift+ShutDown or Restart, the computer goes into BSOD...
  3. wdf_violation bluescreen stopcode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wdf_violation bluescreen stopcode: When I normally shut down my pc it doesn't show up when booting. But if I try to reboot it always comes up "wdf_violation". What can I do? submitted by /u/AlluTuber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtarr6/wdf_violation_bluescreen_stopcode/
  4. WDF_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WDF_VIOLATION: My CPU is at 97-100% when I just opened my rainbow 6 siege. And the temperature is at 90 degrees Celsius at least. Then I searched to fix that problem and said that I need to check for updates in setting and update, and then I click on update in steelseries keyboard then...
  5. WDF_violation

WDF_violation: [IMG]sometimes when i unplug my xbox controller my computer crash and give me this stop code WDF_violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/44d67306-e9d5-45c3-a508-6b13854af258
  6. WDF_Violation

WDF_Violation: Sometimes when I adjust the volume level on my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite keyboard, I get a BSOD that says WDF_Violation. Any ideas on the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/332b7f53-d824-43e8-9bf3-80d4ad86a98e
  7. WDF_violation

WDF_violation: sometimes when i unplug my xbox controller my computer crash and give me this stop code WDF_violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/1d8e0a52-1d47-47c3-b06d-fa59f43a1b9f
  8. BSOD WDF_Violation

BSOD WDF_Violation: Hello, I have this error on pc. This is my first post and thank you for your attention.
  9. Bluescreen error stating windsows.stopcode: WDF_Violation after installing Windows 10...

Bluescreen error stating windsows.stopcode: WDF_Violation after installing Windows 10...: Hi I need help resolving a windows problem: After installing the windows 10 update, Version 1903, my computer regularely receives a bluesreen error stating that an error has occured and the computer will be restarted. On the bluescreen it says: windows.stopcode...
  10. WDF_VIOLATION

WDF_VIOLATION: Hey y'all, I've never really been happy about Windows 10, but in the last few weeks I've been very upset with it. I'd be just going about my typical business, running Discord, Minecraft for Windows 10, and Spotify at the same time, when I would be just going about my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wdf_violation 1909