Windows 10: Bluescreen then Please Select Boot Device

Discus and support Bluescreen then Please Select Boot Device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I've got this issue where the computer bluescreens with a message saying "something went wrong" and the PC restarts. The motherboard logo comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sayron1-[xboxvenue], Feb 2, 2023.

1. Bluescreen then Please Select Boot Device

Hello,I've got this issue where the computer bluescreens with a message saying "something went wrong" and the PC restarts. The motherboard logo comes up fine, but then it transitions into a black screen with the error "Please select boot device". Every time I can simply reboot the PC again and it fixes itself as if nothing happened.So I've seen that this problem is a somewhat common one, but in my search, people aren't able to get past the error and reboot to fix it like I can. I don't know how this changes things.

:)

sayron1-[xboxvenue], Feb 2, 2023
  2. A Monell Win User

confused about selecting boot device

This is good information but I am confused about step 2 below. Wouldn't I need to select whatever device, USB or DVD, the install media is on at this point and not how I want the final install to boot?
    Thanks,and sorry for dragging up an old post but it had most of the info I was looking for.

It is up to you whether you want to install Windows using MBR or GPT and you need to set the option in the BIOS for MBR or GPT style installation.

Having said that. Here's the steps:
    1. Disconnect all HD/SSD except the one you will be installing Windows
    2. From the boot menu, Select #1 for GPT or select #2 for MBR to boot up the Windows Installation
      Attachment 29081
      NOTE: The screen is an example and might look different from yours
    3. Once the Windows Installation started. On the first screen, Press and hold SHIFT Key + F10, a command Windows will popup then type:
      - diskpart
      - select disk 0
      - Clean
      - Exit
      - Exit
    4. Click Next to continue.
    5. Select Custom
    6. Select the first unallocated partition and click next. Windows will create all needed partitions to install Windows 10
    7. Follow all the rest of the instruction to complete.

MBR installation:
    1. 500MB System Reserved partition
    2. C: Drive
    GPT installation:
    1. 450MB recovery partition
    2. 100MB EFI System Partition
    3. 16MB MSR partition
    4. C drive.
    [/QUOTE]

A Monell, Feb 2, 2023
  3. reboot and select property boot device

You need to set your main Harddrive which has your Operating System on as the first harddrive to boot, if have more than one harddrive.

open Bios
    boot priority
    Select the OS harddrive as first boot drive , If not sure switch between them
    Set correct time and date if wrong
    Save and reboot

If not sure on steps , give the Make and model number of motherboard and can assist you.

Hopefully no damage to the HDD

SnakeDoctor, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Bluescreen then Please Select Boot Device

"Reboot and Select Proper Boot device"

Hi,

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What happens when you select the hard disk as the priority and then try booting from the BIOS screen?

I suggest you to try performing a Startup repair to check if it helps.

Perform a Startup Repair on the system

Create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.
    • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
      and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.\
    • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
      and select the operating system.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

Bluescreen then Please Select Boot Device

1. Bluescreen then Please Select Boot Device - Similar Threads - Bluescreen Please Select

2. Please select boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please select boot device: Why my pc shows please select boot device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-select-boot-device/b340d92b-38b1-4441-9583-1f8b678a3584
  3. Please select boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please select boot device: Why my pc shows please select boot device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-select-boot-device/b340d92b-38b1-4441-9583-1f8b678a3584
  4. Please select boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. “reboot and select proper boot device” please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “reboot and select proper boot device” please help: i have done everything so before u give me advice please consider the following-i cannot select the proper boot device in bios, or any other boot device seeing how the only drive in my computer is the one with windows on it- the drive is not corrupt as i took the drive out...
  6. “reboot and select proper boot device” please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “reboot and select proper boot device” please help: i have done everything so before u give me advice please consider the following-i cannot select the proper boot device in bios, or any other boot device seeing how the only drive in my computer is the one with windows on it- the drive is not corrupt as i took the drive out...
  7. Bluescreen then Please Select Boot Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen then Please Select Boot Device: Hello,I've got this issue where the computer bluescreens with a message saying "something went wrong" and the PC restarts. The motherboard logo comes up fine, but then it transitions into a black screen with the error "Please select boot device". Every time I can simply...
  8. Bluescreen then Please Select Boot Device

Bluescreen then Please Select Boot Device: Hello,I've got this issue where the computer bluescreens with a message saying "something went wrong" and the PC restarts. The motherboard logo comes up fine, but then it transitions into a black screen with the error "Please select boot device". Every time I can simply...
  9. Please select boot device

Please select boot device: Hello, I am facing one major problem with my pc startup. Everytime when I turn on my PC, I'm getting this screen "please select boot device".I have tried troubleshooting options, but none of them worked. I have also checked the boot priorities, but there is only one option...
  10. Please select boot device – UEFI Boot Sources

in Windows 10 News
    Please select boot device – UEFI Boot Sources: [ATTACH]If you see the following screen when you start your Windows 10 computer, then this post will be able to help you. The screen is […] This article Please select boot device – UEFI Boot Sources first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...